Concierge Lounge vs. Diamond+

ggo85

We haven't sailed RCCL in years, but will be doing so in a couple of months.  I understand (or think I do) the new policy on drink vouchers for D+ ---  5 per day per person including soda, speciality coffee, OJ and alcohol and drinks in the Diamond lounge count toward the total of 5.

What about Concierge Lounge, available to suite guests who may or may not be D or D+?  Are drinks there included in the total for those who are also D/D+ or is that an entirely separate experience?  Or does Concierge Lounge still exist?

Just curious how the two programs work together -- or are totally separate.  (Tried searching but find the search feature on this site nearly impossible!)

The way things are going only suites will be allowed in the Concierge Club. Different issue...

If D+ and/or Pinnacles are allowed into the club, and they are not in a suite, their drinks will be charged to the vouchers.  POS terminals have started to appear in the clubs to facilitate the charging. 

• Like 1

The servers in the CL/SL either ask for your card or room number. Suite guests get unlimited/non voucher drinks (during happy hour), D+ and P’s drinks are charged to their vouchers (no free drinks). 

Edited by HicksRA

45 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

The servers in the CL/SL either ask for your card or room number. Suite guests get unlimited/non voucher drinks (during happy hour), D+ and P’s drinks are charged to their vouchers (no free drinks). 

Can you clarify this?  I'm a Diamond Plus traveling in a Suite.  Would I have to use my free drink vouchers in the CL or would I get additional drinks due to being in a Suite?  This makes a difference if I get the drink package or not.  TYIA.

2 minutes ago, CFLRetired said:

Can you clarify this?  I'm a Diamond Plus traveling in a Suite.  Would I have to use my free drink vouchers in the CL or would I get additional drinks due to being in a Suite?  This makes a difference if I get the drink package or not.  TYIA.

What ship? I ask b/c you get extra drink perks on Oasis class in the SL.

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 hours ago, steveru621 said:

The way things are going only suites will be allowed in the Concierge Club. Different issue...

If D+ and/or Pinnacles are allowed into the club, and they are not in a suite, their drinks will be charged to the vouchers.  POS terminals have started to appear in the clubs to facilitate the charging. 

C&A programs become too successful. Originally not many Diamonds 25yrs ago(Top Tier at time) they had CL access and even First on/off Ship(besides Wedding Parties). Though as Solo traveler with over 340 point discounts(+Military Disc) I save thousands every yr on Cabin prices

Edited by ONECRUISER

19 minutes ago, CFLRetired said:

16 minutes ago, CFLRetired said:

Jewel.  Thank you

If you are traveling in a full suite (GS or up) on Jewel, you will have access to the CL/SL with unlimited drinks during happy hour.  The five drinks per day you get for being D+ can be used at any time of day in any bar or restaurant for any drink up to $13.  If you go to the DL for drinks during happy hour, those drinks count against your daily vouchers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you are traveling in a full suite (GS or up) on Jewel, you will have access to the CL/SL with unlimited drinks during happy hour.  The five drinks per day you get for being D+ can be used at any time of day in any bar or restaurant for any drink up to $13.  If you go to the DL for drinks during happy hour, those drinks count against your daily vouchers.

Absolutely correct...We were just on Jewel In July...D+...and stayed in an OS.

On Harmony, in an OS...the drinks in the SL were charged to our vouchers...even though it was official "happy hour" time and we were in a full suite.  I did mention it to them several times...didn't seem to matter.

Being Pinnacle, we get six per person...which was more than enough for us anyway.  But if we had gone over, and were charged...I would not have been such a happy person.  😕

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gliles said:

Concierge lounge is like Diamond lounge was pre covid. Drinks do not come from the allowance. 

Not true.  We were recently on Enchantment of the Seas.  As Diamond Plus we were able to use the Concierge Lounge.  Our drinks did count against our 5 drink allowance.  I will add we were not in a suite if that makes a difference.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Not true.  We were recently on Enchantment of the Seas.  As Diamond Plus we were able to use the Concierge Lounge.  Our drinks did count against our 5 drink allowance.  I will add we were not in a suite if that makes a difference.

Bingo...yes it does make the difference.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Yes, it does make a difference. If you are not in a suite you will be charged. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Actually as D+...just lucky to gain access to the Concierge Lounge on some ships at all if not in a suite.  

I agree. Did not have concierge lounge access without being in a suite since Feb 2020. Been on 3 different ships with CL and no access as D+.  Glad that Enchantment still gives access to D+. Have not been on her for at least 5 years.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I agree. Did not have concierge lounge access without being in a suite since Feb 2020. Been on 3 different ships with CL and no access as D+.  Glad that Enchantment still gives access to D+. Have not been on her for at least 5 years.

We did not have access as D+ on Brilliance out of Tampa, before shut down.  Nor on Vision after that.  

Do love the vouchers though now...happy hour is any hour, any bar, any where.  😉  We rarely use the lounges any longer...except for morning coffee.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I'm glad Enchantment does too.  Jayson, the concierge is fantastic.  Hopefully, we'll get to see him again on our January sailing.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

On Harmony, in an OS...the drinks in the SL were charged to our vouchers...even though it was official "happy hour" time and we were in a full suite.  I did mention it to them several times...didn't seem to matter.

Being Pinnacle, we get six per person...which was more than enough for us anyway.  But if we had gone over, and were charged...I would not have been such a happy person.  😕

That doesn't seem right. We are only Diamond, but will be in a suite on Harmony later this year. I would like to know who to speak to if this happens, because we will not be happy campers either if we're in the suite lounge during Happy Hour and they use our vouchers. Did you speak to the Concierge?

• Like 2