Drink prices on Half Moon Cay

melehundele

Sorry if this has been done and done to death but I am not finding what I am looking for using search.

I understand there is a beverage package available for Half Moon Cay. I am trying to find a menu or pricing for the island to see if the package is worthwhile. Are prices similar to what will be on board?

TIA!

Price is definitely worth it. You should break even at around 4 alcoholic drinks. Make sure to save your receipts with each one you order though!!! Otherwise, they may try to charge you once you get back on board (they did this to me twice and I had the proof so they would fix it).

2 hours ago, melehundele said:

I understand there is a beverage package available for Half Moon Cay. I am trying to find a menu or pricing for the island to see if the package is worthwhile. Are prices similar to what will be on board?

Here is the info on the HMC Bev.Package, current in April of this year.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/HMC-Beverage-Package.pdf

From our own @Crew News'

Since its limit is $11 like the Signature package (except UNLIMITED non-alcoholic beverages), I just assumed the pricing of drinks would be pretty much similar. Maybe Roger remembers? at $29.44 (plus 18% service charge), at $11 (or $10) three drinks pays for it. If your drink of choice is $8-9, then four. So its value is determined by length of your shore day and how fast you consume!

1 hour ago, klocke12 said:

Price is definitely worth it. You should break even at around 4 alcoholic drinks. Make sure to save your receipts with each one you order though!!! Otherwise, they may try to charge you once you get back on board (they did this to me twice and I had the proof so they would fix it).

Welcome to Cruise Critic, KLocke!

You have jumped right in the deep end, giving worthwhile advice in your first week!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Here is the info on the HMC Bev.Package, current in April of this year.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/HMC-Beverage-Package.pdf

From our own @Crew News'

Since its limit is $11 like the Signature package (except UNLIMITED non-alcoholic beverages), I just assumed the pricing of drinks would be pretty much similar. Maybe Roger remembers? at $29.44 (plus 18% service charge), at $11 (or $10) three drinks pays for it. If your drink of choice is $8-9, then four. So its value is determined by length of your shore day and how fast you consume!

Someone who has purchased the HMC drink package please verify...I believe the $29.44 fee is inclusive of the 18% gratuity ($24.99 +18%= $29.44).  That said, others in this forum have said the staff on the island said they weren't set up to sell the drink package.  Hopefully someone has recent experience to verify the availability and pricing.

26 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

Someone who has purchased the HMC drink package please verify...I believe the $29.44 fee is inclusive of the 18% gratuity ($24.99 +18%= $29.44).  

Good calculation! That makes it less than half the rack-rate of the SBP. But, you are apt to be ashore less than half the day. 

Yes I read you had to buy it BEFORE tendering to the island. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, crystalspin said:

@puppycanducruiseis correct (I misremembered on the high side!

Roger Jett's great resource shows $29.44 ($24.95+18%) pp for the day's beverages on HMC. The same limit of $11/drink price cap and all adults in a cabin must buy.

If you know you will be getting drinks at HMC, that is a good price, I think.

Budweiser - 4 x $7.50 = $30 + 18% = $35.40

Wine (glass) - 3 x $9.00 = $27.00 + 18% = $31.86

Margarita Cuervo/Mojito - 3 x $9.75 = $29.25 + 18% = $34.52

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2022 at 12:01 AM, oakridger said:

If you know you will be getting drinks at HMC, that is a good price, I think.

Budweiser - 4 x $7.50 = $30 + 18% = $35.40

Wine (glass) - 3 x $9.00 = $27.00 + 18% = $31.86

Margarita Cuervo/Mojito - 3 x $9.75 = $29.25 + 18% = $34.52

Do the drinks you get with the HMC package also count toward the 15 limit  from the onboard drink package…. Or are they not totalled together… no judgements here folks it’s a legitimate question…. Lol.  

Edited by sayvan

10 minutes ago, sayvan said:

Do the drinks you get with the HMC package also count toward the 15 limit  from the onboard drink package…. Or are they not totalled together… no judgements here folks it’s a legitimate question…. Lol.  

No. It's a separate package. 

On 10/27/2022 at 6:30 PM, newtocruiseinblue said:

HAL removed the option of the HMC beverage package for our upcoming cruise that leaves November 5. 

How do you know this? And how do you go about purchasing this package if it is available? I am sailing Nov 20.

9 minutes ago, dayla329 said:

How do you know this? And how do you go about purchasing this package if it is available? I am sailing Nov 20.

Look at your booking online:  Cruise Activities - Beverages.

FWIW, the HMC package isn't available for purchase online for my 11/19 cruise either.

1 hour ago, dayla329 said:

I am leaving 11/5. It is not available under beverage packages and our roll call has been discussing it. Not a big deal for me as we are only there from 8 am - 3 pm. The package was $ 29.95 per person and I don't think my husband and I need to drink $60 worth of drinks before 3 PM. 

To purchase any beverage package in advance, go to hollandamerica.com, sign in under manage my bookings, go to cruise activities and then beverages and you will see the available packages. 

have you signed in online to manage my bookings yet? There is a lot to see and plan if you have not yet done so. 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/log-in/sso-log-in.html?login=myacc

This is one of the other big differences between HAL and Princess.  On Princess, the Princess Plus drink package (15 drinks per day up to $12, plus water and fancy coffee and sodas are FREE under Princess) is good on Princess Cays.  Last time there I sat at the bar, watched the fun all around and had 5-6 beers.  All Free, sort of.

• Like 2

I can’t see it on our cruise for next week either.  It was there, now it’s not.  I wonder if HAL is getting onboard with other cruise lines and recognizing the onboard package on the private island now…  wishful thinking? 

3 minutes ago, sayvan said:

I can’t see it on our cruise for next week either.  It was there, now it’s not.  I wonder if HAL is getting onboard with other cruise lines and recognizing the onboard package on the private island now…  wishful thinking? 

We are hoping for the same thing.  Have the HIA pkg & it'd be nice if that covered our day at HMC.  But if not, there is no way hubby & I can drink nearly $60 worth from 8AM-3PM.  I don't want to start drinking alcohol that early, a couple of waters or non alcoholic beverages will do just fine.

Even if you could get it I would hesitate…we were just there yesterday and they ran out of all beer by about noon or so, all liquor was gone by about 1:15 and the bar was shut down.  Even though we were not all aboard until 2:30.  So get your drinks early!  I was very surprised they actually ran out and closed up shop so far in advance of us having to leave.  Never seen anything like it before.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...