Positional Maps

We were in Allure for the August 14th sailing.  The positional map was not on TV. I asked and they said there were technical difficulties they were trying to resolve.  They were not available throughout the cruise.  Are they working on other cruises?  Would be a shame if they do away with these.

4 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

We were in Allure for the August 14th sailing.  The positional map was not on TV. I asked and they said there were technical difficulties they were trying to resolve.  They were not available throughout the cruise.  Are they working on other cruises?  Would be a shame if they do away with these.

They were available last week on the Oasis on channel 3 on the TV.

• Thanks 1

We’ve had the TV  map on all of our cruises, pre and post Covid. We often check for speed and current location. 

The channel cycles a few screens, map, web cam and a few others. Op-maybe you hit the channel when other screens were showing. 

I recall Radiance class also has a live map in the Schooner Bar. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

35 minutes ago, BND said:

Working on EN in April and July.  Pretty sure the technical difficulties were isolated to Allure itself.  Sounds more like a problem onboard.

And if it was an issue that needed to replace a part, they probably needed to wait until they arrived back to the main US port to receive the item.

Edited by Travel R

If you pre-download google maps onto your phone for where you are going, then you can just use the phone's GPS feature to know where you are, although you'll most likely have to go outside to do this.  You do not need any wifi or internet service to use the GPS feature.

Edited by time4u2go

54 minutes ago, Travel R said:

And if it was an issue that needed to replace a part, they probably needed to wait until they arrived back to the main US port to receive the item.

Or it's backlogged.  The outdoor screen on EN has been broken for 2-3 months and they're still waiting on parts to come in so it can be fixed.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, twangster said:

Smooth ride right?  🙂 

It was one for the ages...

1 hour ago, Kathscof said:

We had that wind speed thing on Radiance I think in May? I can’t remember if we had the bottom one, but we had the left one for sure....

That's cool to know they still exist. We haven't seen either the apparent icon on the left or the data on the rotating info in years! 

• Like 1