On the Beyond Sept 5th. Where are irons or steamers?

Lindabee5000

11 minutes ago, boulders said:

I see

Weird. Not in the link I posted in my post# 15 which is from Celebrity's website, today. For my own curiosity provide the link you found this. Like I said, I always thought travel steamers were a no no and was surprised it wasn't listed in the current link on Celebrity's website. 

Edited by davekathy

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Weird. Not in the link I posted in my post# 15 which is from Celebrity's website, today. For my own curiosity provide the link you found this. Like I said, I always thought travel steamers were a no no and was surprised it wasn't listed in the current link on Celebrity's website. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/before-you-board

• Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No need to. Post #15 has the current link from Celebrity's website.  What are you seeing under what not to pack from that link?  

I see what everyone else is posting. So far, you're the only one that doesn't. No idea why. Try the same link in an incognito window.

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No need to. Post #15 has the current link from Celebrity's website.  What are you seeing under what not to pack from that link?  

It's under  'What items are prohibited onboard a Celebrity Cruises cruise ship?'

Not What not to pack...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, davekathy said:

I only see (cut and pasted)...

• Candles & Incense
  • ***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

From the Before You Board FAQs that I see…….

Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. 

• Haha 1

I use this if there are really bad wrinkles.  It's USB rechargeable and works pretty well.   I found it on Amazon for about $40.  It's small but it does do a pretty good job. 

Cordless Mini Iron for Clothes, Portable Travel Iron Support Dry Wet Ironing, USB Rechargeable Steam Iron Handheld Ironing Machine with 3 Temperature Settings,Wireless small sewing iron

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

I only see (cut and pasted)...

• Candles & Incense
  • ***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

Follow the asterisks.  I think this covers it.  -***Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I use this if there are really bad wrinkles.  It's USB rechargeable and works pretty well.   I found it on Amazon for about $40.  It's small but it does do a pretty good job. 

Cordless Mini Iron for Clothes, Portable Travel Iron Support Dry Wet Ironing, USB Rechargeable Steam Iron Handheld Ironing Machine with 3 Temperature Settings,Wireless small sewing iron

Does it generate heat? Is it a clothes iron? Not allowed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark_K said:

From the Before You Board FAQs that I see…….

Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. 

This was resolved last night. 🤣Go back a few posts and you'll clearly see that. :classic_rolleyes: Celebrity website is consistently inconsistent. 

• Haha 1

I used to really worry about this, but I have to say that on our last few cruises simply hanging the clothes seems to get any minor wrinkles out. No longer having to bring a suit for DH also lessens the issue. I leave my nicer dresses in the dry cleaning bags and have no issues. In the past I have used my hair straightener for minor touch ups.

1 hour ago, Julma said:

Follow the asterisks.  I think this covers it.  -***Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

No it doesn't. Anyway, this was resolved last night. 🤣 Go back a few posts and you'll clearly see that. :classic_rolleyes: Celebrity website is consistently inconsistent. 

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Where in this description does it infer it is allowed….It Is an Iron that Is Prohibited. The point of it being USB-charged or a ‘mini travel’ item is of no reason it is allowed…..It Isn’t. 

So after all of these posts explicitly showing Irons are prohibited, and the ongoing posts are about steamers is someone recommending an Iron??

Please focus on sneaking booze on and Leave the Iron!

Den

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, davekathy said:

This was resolved last night. 🤣Go back a few posts and you'll clearly see that. :classic_rolleyes: Celebrity website is consistently inconsistent. 

I am reminded of the old RIF program back in the day...🤣

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Please focus on sneaking booze on and Leave the Iron!

Seriously! Some people's priorities are misplaced. Unless the reason for packing the iron is to distract attention away from the booze. 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4