Questions re Princess shuttle or private car service for 6 from downtown London, UK to Southampton in June '23.

luvtravel

We're booked for June next year leaving from Southampton - 6 of us - and we haven't been able to find out the current cost of what Princess charges or if their pickup is only at the airport or is it also in London?  With 6 we may be able to get private transfer for same or less than the shuttle.     Wondered if anyone has used the Princess shuttle lately or has a private car service they could recommend.   Last time we were there we used Smiths - which is out of business sadly.

Thanks everyone!!

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I think there is a Princess pick up in town also, but with 6 a car service would likely be cheaper. We used to use Smiths also. This time we used Blackberry Cars--very satisfied with them also.

https://www.blackberrycars.com/southampton-airport/taxi-southampton-heathrow-airport/

Thank you for the recommendation!

1 hour ago, Bizzie07 said:

We have a Princess transfer booked from Southampton to LHR and it is £45 per person.(one way)

Just now, luvtravel said:

Thank you for the recommendation!

Thanks!  That helps with planning!  Have a great cruise!

We stayed in London this past May and caught a cab from our hotel to the Victoria Coach Station and took the Princess transfer to the port which was $59.00 per person. Our cab was about 20 English Pounds and very prompt. We took Blackberry Cabs from LHR to our hotel.

There is also a main topic under "Ports of Call", then "British Isles/ Western Europe". It is very detailed.

• Thanks 1

We are planning a private transfer for May 2023 and, in light of the current economic situation, the private companies cannot quote a price that far in advance.  There is an entire thread devoted to this subject in the Ports of Call, British Isles/Western Europe.

There are 7 of us booked on June 13 British Isles cruise.  We're going in a day early so need to find private transportation.  I contacted Blackberry and they said it was too early to give prices.  I got a written price from Eddie Manning Limo Service.  And on line I've gotten "quick quotes" from 12 Transfers, Marble Cars and London Heathrow cars. So far 12 transfer had the best price.

We have used Blackberry Cars on several occasions and have another run scheduled with them next month. Very happy with their service.  You can pre-pay and get that portion of your trip cost totally out of the way.  They are VERY responsive when you ask for a quote if your route is not covered on their website.

I have been wracking my brain to remember the wonderful car service we used several years ago. I will look it up and come back if I can find it. Considering that you have a party of six, a private service is definitely your best bet for both convenience and price. I strongly suggest that you book it soon. The last time we did the London to Southampton trip, others on our cruise could not find any car service available as we got close to our sailing date.