Rudis or Pinnacle

TGCRUISEO

Rudi's is my recommendation.  Escargots and Dover Sole with a dessert of Apple Tarte Tatin or Crepes Suzette always are good.  If you are at a port, when some fresh fish has been taken aboard that day and is being served, that might be the best choice for an entree.  

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Absolutely Rudi’s!!!

PG IMO has so gone downhill!! The seafood tower is awesome, and 

we have 3 bookings on our Koningsdam cruise with one on New Year’s Eve 👍 PG was top notch back in 2008-2018! I loved when they did your Cesar Salad at the table tossing and the Lobster 🦞 Bisque Soup was so engaging when at the time would add your lobster at the table with brandy!  The Veal Chop for me was something I always looked forward too but it has been long gone.

You get what you pay for at Rudi’s and it is exceptional!

Mahalo,

Denise 😊

• Like 2

I recently sailed the NS, and both restaurants were excellent.  I'd say look at the menus and choose whichever appeals to you more; at least in the very recent past the food quality, ambiance, and service were outstanding in both venues.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

PG IMO has so gone downhill!!

The PG experience has been very inconsistent from ship to ship.  It depends, I think, on the PG Chef and the PG Manager.  My most recent experience was in the PG on the Eurodam (January 2020).  All was good.  Service, food, presentation of the food:  there was nothing to fault.  Rudi's, on the other hand, has been very consistently excellent whether it is a pop-up or a stand alone.  If Rudi's can achieve this, then the reason the PG cannot is......?

26 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The PG experience has been very inconsistent from ship to ship.

I completely agree with this, and don't know why it's the case.  We typically schedule a PG lunch or dinner very early on in a voyage so we can gauge whether or not it's a "good" PG (worthy of additional meals) or not!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, janmcn said:

Rudi’s, but prepare by fasting three days before🤪…food amounts are huge but excellent so you tend to clean your plate!

Right, especially for those of us who grew up in the "Clean Plate Club" or "Children in India/China/Africa are Starving" era... We waddled out the first time, useless to do anything else that night.

Have y'all tried digestifs? Not the sweet liqueurs that are sometimes in this category, but the herbal ones like an amaro such as Montenegro, or Benedictine, Cynar (artichoke, already known to help digestion) or Fernet-Branca. One little shot after the entree but before the dessert does wonders for helping the stomach clear. Very common practice in Europe. Highly recommend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We try to get the special/signature dish in places like PG. Will likely have more attention paid to preparation instead of the same ol', same ol'... And ditto in Club Orange: get that entree instead of whatever is on the rest of the MDR menu, for the same reason (except jambalaya? Eh--go to NOLA).