Don’t Get Covid on Princess

memoak

56 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Agree, but many, including posters here, believe they are immune from covid spreading, even when Medical team recommends precautions.  Although they claim otherwise.

I don't think anyone thinks they are immune from Covid spreading.  What I do think folks think is that they'll take their chances with an increasingly less virulent form and object to government interference.  Everyone in my family has had Covid, myself included.  And we're all vaxxed/boosted.  It's simply part of life going forward.  One can either accept that or not.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Agree, but many, including posters here, believe they are immune from covid spreading, even when Medical team recommends precautions.  Although they claim otherwise.

Double post

Edited by jsglow

Just now, jsglow said:

I don't think anyone thinks they are immune from Covid spreading.  What I do think folks think is that they'll take their chances with an increasingly less virulent form and object to government interference.  Everyone in my family has had Covid, myself included.  And we're all vaxxed/boosted.  It's simply part of life going forward.  One can either accept that or not.

Totally agree!   But we keep meeting people onboard that make outrageous claims that they are immune because they've had covid, or had a shot, etc.  

Just now, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Totally agree!   But we keep meeting people onboard that make outrageous claims that they are immune because they've had covid, or had a shot, etc.  

There are several posters here, and one popular blogger that continue to report that it is not possible to spread vivid once you've had it.  Totally false.

• Like 1

Just now, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Actually, natural immunity likely counts for a lot in terms of severity.  The human body's immune system is spectacular.  The more it sees this stuff the easier it'll deal with it.  There's still 1919 flu around but we don't agonize about it because our bodies simply deal with it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Gray Lady said:

Yes, we were some of those folks in mid-June. We had never been to Alaska or on a cruise. Because the Alaska season is so short, by the time we heard about all of the COVID issues, it was too late to cancel without losing a lot of money. We hoped for the best, but it did not happen. DH contracted COVID in Fairbanks, and it manifested in Denali. Even though symptoms were very mild, we had to quarantine for 5 days in Anchorage and missed the rest of our tour and cruise. If we had to do it all over again, we would have cruised before the land tour or waited another year or two before going. Still waiting for our per diem and quarantine hotel to be refunded. Right now I don’t know  if we even want to attempt another cruise going anywhere. 

That really sucks.  So sorry for you.  I'll be the first to admit that getting that Covid test out of the way and getting the heck out of Canada ASAP played heavily on our planning.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Actually, natural immunity likely counts for a lot in terms of severity.  The human body's immune system is spectacular.  The more it sees this stuff the easier it'll deal with it.  There's still 1919 flu around but we don't agonize about it because our bodies simply deal with it.

In terms of severity, sure.  Running around spreading it, not so cool.

• Like 1

I just asked my physician about this.  She said that she had had 2 separate patients who had covid and were reinfected within 6 weeks.  She suggested that I get the bivalent vaccine when it is most convenient for me.  

And yes, I take the flu vaccine too.  That's never going to go away either.

20 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

18 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

There are several posters here, and one popular blogger that continue to report that it is not possible to spread vivid once you've had it.  Totally false.

17 minutes ago, jsglow said:

6 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

In terms of severity, sure.  Running around spreading it, not so cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Gees, thanks. 💕 But to set the record straight, it was the medical staff onboard the Ruby Princess that said that, not me.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 6:36 AM, Keksie said:

I just don't want to get in a situation where they start enforcing mask wearing and I can't leave.  On land we could just go somewhere else or in a pinch come back home.  I research carefully where we travel to make sure that the protocols we are against are not in place.

This.  After canceling four cruises last year, we spent some wonderful vacation time in places that were less restrictive.  Looking forward to cruising again, but if it goes back to not-fun-restrictions, I've always wanted to see Nashville...

9 hours ago, Username0123 said:

This.  After canceling four cruises last year, we spent some wonderful vacation time in places that were less restrictive.  Looking forward to cruising again, but if it goes back to not-fun-restrictions, I've always wanted to see Nashville...

We have had a lot of fun in Black Hills of South Dakota and in Gatlinburg.  This fall we have a lot of trips planned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

We have had a lot of fun in Black Hills of South Dakota and in Gatlinburg.  This fall we have a lot of trips planned.

We did a trip to Mackinac Island in June.  It was great!  But we did come home with Covid.  Did a cruise to Alaska in August and was fine.  Go Figure!

• Like 2

My husband and I are on the Enchanted Princess right now. With three days left of the cruise, we both got Covid yesterday.

We’re shocked at the few people who are wearing masks.

We have been wearing our masks in all public places. Don’t know how we contracted it. We have been so very careful.

I’m sure many people have it and are not reporting it. We would be tempted to do the same, but I’m immunocompromised, and having a fever can be dangerous for me. I was told by the medical centre that they do not have the antiviral medication on the ship, which I find strange, with so many elderly and compromised passengers.

Since we are Canadian, we will be sent to a hotel to complete the ten day quarantine period. Not a fun way to end the cruise.

At least, they allowed us to remain in our beautiful aft corner suite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Kansas Gal said:

We did a trip to Mackinac Island in June.  It was great!  But we did come home with Covid.  Did a cruise to Alaska in August and was fine.  Go Figure!

It's exactly "Go Figure!" around the globe - it amuses me the majority didn't figure it out yet (I like kalambur - calembour).

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Although you would not have been presribed these without extensive (and expensive) blood tests, which the ship may not have been able to carry out.

On the Royal we had short blood tests and then prescribed. They just have to check your liver and kidney function