When the new cruises come out which one?

gordylad

We have done them both and I would choose Panama Canal.  The Vancouver to Hawaii is nice but  not particularly interesting.  I would rather fly to Hawaii and spend a few days each on 2 or 3 islands

Panama canal has more variety with Mexico, Costa Rica, Columbia and we found going thru the canal quite interesting.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have done them both and I would choose Panama Canal.  The Vancouver to Hawaii is nice but  not particularly interesting.  I would rather fly to Hawaii and spend a few days each on 2 or 3 islands

Panama canal has more variety with Mexico, Costa Rica, Columbia and we found going thru the canal quite interesting.

Completely AGREE!!!!

• Like 2

We have flown to Hawaii a number of times in addition to taking the Vancouver to Honolulu itinerary.  And years ago the now long gone Celebrity Century did RT itineraries from San Diego to Hawaii which we did only once.

We have also done six full transits of the Panama Canal.  We've done both directions and have no preference.  During the actual PC transit there will be narration.  We most likely will do another PC full transit at some point in the future.

II recommend a PC full transit over the Vancouver to Honolulu.  And read "Path Between the Seas."

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Celebrity is not doing a full transit in 2023 or spring 2024 and might not resume this itinerary. So, we booked Beyond for March 2024, partial transit.

Check Millenium, 21 April 2023, westbound.  Full transit.

• Like 1

Done the run to Hawaii and loved it, and 2 Canal transits, and as others are recommending, Id do the Panama Canal. It is just a grand experience.

Im not a birder, but you see the Pacific birds that follow the ship and then a complete change with the Atlantic/Caribbean. Plus just seeing the locks up close and all the tugs and so on. Wonderful, along with the Very different Mexican west coast ports and then the Caribbean.

And dont forget spending a few days in San Diego! that is Well worth it and fun to explore. 

Expect more Canal runs to be added later; usually a few moving a ship or so from the Caribbean to the west coast for the Alaska season, and then back in the Fall; but 2023 saw those ships that did the Alaska runs cross over to Asia and one went to S America, while another stayed on the West Coast and did the Mexican Riviera. Should see  a few Panama Canals in 2024…hopefully.

den

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

I'll cast another vote for the Panama Canal and a couple of extra days in San Diego

• Like 3