Elite Plus - Veranda vs Concierge on Beyond

Diane Rose

56 minutes ago, Diane Rose said:

We’re now Elite Plus and points don’t matter because we will never reach Zenith.  Looking at sailing on the Beyond.  Is there any benefit to booking a Concierge cabin vs. a veranda cabin?

Concierge will get you embarkation day lunch in MDR and not much else if extra points are not a concern. Keep in mind that on Beyond, none of the concierge cabins and virtually none of the veranda cabins have balconies.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Concierge will get you embarkation day lunch in MDR and not much else if extra points are not a concern. Keep in mind that on Beyond, none of the concierge cabins and virtually none of the veranda cabins have balconies.

I wouldn't bother with a concierge class on any of the E class ships unless the upgrade was free.

• Like 3

We've done it twice, once because of a late booking it was all that was left, and once for an upgrade, bid was £80 pp.

The first day lunch in Main dinning room is nice but ends quite early so be sure to board as early as possible. 

Afternoon snacks and bottle of fizz were OK on Silhouette but not so good on Beyond. 

The concierge is there for any concerns you have 

A few little extras like binoculars and umbrellas in the room. Plus a  good quality tote bag I use most weeks for my food shopping.

May be better position of cabin.

Probably not worth it for the extras 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

We've done it twice, once because of a late booking it was all that was left, and once for an upgrade, bid was £80 pp.

The first day lunch in Main dinning room is nice but ends quite early so be sure to board as early as possible. 

Afternoon snacks and bottle of fizz were OK on Silhouette but not so good on Beyond. 

The concierge is there for any concerns you have 

A few little extras like binoculars and umbrellas in the room. Plus a  good quality tote bag I use most weeks for my food shopping.

May be better position of cabin.

Probably not worth it for the extras 

We ended up with a worse position cabin! Under the buffet where they start at 4:30 am rolling carts full of dishes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My vote is for a sunset veranda which comes with a real veranda! 🙂

Noooooooooo!  They are awful, awful and the walking is so tiring, not to mention, at least two miles.  The sun never sets aft; it is always west and either starboard or port. 😜

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Noooooooooo!  They are awful, awful and the walking is so tiring, not to mention, at least two miles.  The sun never sets aft; it is always west and either starboard or port. 😜

My bad! I forgot all about that. It was so nice not to be in an infinite veranda, I totally forgot about all the negatives!! My bad! 😂😂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Diane Rose said:

We’re now Elite Plus and points don’t matter because we will never reach Zenith.  Looking at sailing on the Beyond.  Is there any benefit to booking a Concierge cabin vs. a veranda cabin?

Hi we have just returned from being on the Beyond for 9 days. Lovely ship, we were Aqua Class with Infinity Cabin. TBH not mad keen on the Infinity Cabin, mainly because the “veranda” is very small, nowhere to dry a costume, and if you have the drop down window open the aircon goes off. Nowhere to hang a costume to dry either, no washing line in bathroom. Bathroom was great, nice big shower.  If you shut the partition doors, you are in a box.  Having said all that, we have just booked the Apex for Oct 2023, because it is doing the cruise we want and I have booked concierge class C2. As I understand it, fyi, there are only a very small amount about 36 of proper balcony cabins on these edge class ships and they are all at the back of the ship, the aft veranda cabins.  Sorry cant be more helpful, but hope it helps.

7 minutes ago, Kitty16tmc said:

Hi we have just returned from being on the Beyond for 9 days. Lovely ship, we were Aqua Class with Infinity Cabin. TBH not mad keen on the Infinity Cabin, mainly because the “veranda” is very small, nowhere to dry a costume, and if you have the drop down window open the aircon goes off. Nowhere to hang a costume to dry either, no washing line in bathroom. Bathroom was great, nice big shower.  If you shut the partition doors, you are in a box.  Having said all that, we have just booked the Apex for Oct 2023, because it is doing the cruise we want and I have booked concierge class C2. As I understand it, fyi, there are only a very small amount about 36 of proper balcony cabins on these edge class ships and they are all at the back of the ship, the aft veranda cabins.  Sorry cant be more helpful, but hope it helps.

Don't forget the "P1" Deluxe Porthole View Stateroom with Veranda cabins on decks 6-9 on both sides near the bow and stern. If you desire a balcony, but all of the SV cabins are booked, these are an option.

1 hour ago, Kitty16tmc said:

TBH not mad keen on the Infinity Cabin, mainly because the “veranda” is very small, nowhere to dry a costume, and if you have the drop down window open the aircon goes off. Nowhere to hang a costume to dry either, no washing line in bathroom.

I knew what you meant but still had to Google your usage of Costume and it took several searches to confirm your usage, lol!

short for swimming costume