Fre wine on Solstice and if what package

eadien7

It is not in the non-alcohol package.  Nor are beers like O’douls.  They are all in one alcohol package or another.

I have been told that it is because there is some residual alcohol in them.

I have also been told that it has to do with their suppliers. The NA products all come from alcohol distributors, not soft drink distributors. 

I checked last night with the Smellier.   It falls under the Premium Package.

I asked if it was covered by the Non-Alcoholic Package and the answer was that's a good question.   He checked and said no as it was considered a wine and even though non-alcoholic is not covered.

• Thanks 1

I asked this question directly to special needs email contact in April 2019 before my last cruise prior to the pandemic, and she forwarded a response directly from the Cellar Master.  Unless something has changed since then, the official response was that Fre wine is covered under the Classic Beverage Package (the package offered with AI, which includes alcohol) AND also under the Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package.

On 9/6/2022 at 11:44 PM, temerarious said:

I asked this question directly to special needs email contact in April 2019 before my last cruise prior to the pandemic, and she forwarded a response directly from the Cellar Master.  Unless something has changed since then, the official response was that Fre wine is covered under the Classic Beverage Package (the package offered with AI, which includes alcohol) AND also under the Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package.

Do you still have the response?

5 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Do you still have the response?

Sorry - I forgot to quote you for context - reposting.

yes - I still have the email.  I also can personally confirm it was included in the Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package during my October 2019 sailing.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone - on the Infinity now.  I can confirm that the non-alcoholic wine is included in the Classic Beverage Package (the one that includes alcohol) AND the Premium Non-alcoholic package.  HOWEVER, this is hot off the press: The Premium Non-alcoholic Package name has JUST been changed to "Zero Proof".  

I'm on a B2B cruise, and it was still called the Premium NA Package as of yesterday, but when they printed my new stateroom card today, it reads "Zero Proof".  The guy at Guest Relations said that's what it's called now.  (I think it's a good change - it should reduce confusion.)

Also, for those interested, I booked an all included fare, and I don't drink alcohol, so on my first cruise that departed Dec 12th, I asked to be 'downgraded' (without requesting any sort of refund), from the Classic Package to the Premium NA Package.  It took some nudging on cruise #1 (Guest Relations originally tried to tell me everything in the Premium NA Package was included in the Classic Package), but with some polite persistence, it was changed for me at no charge.

The bad news is I had to stand in line again today in order to get it changed for cruise #2, but it was done without any nudging.  (It just cost 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back - we are in a very full cruise this time around, and it was a long line.)

Hope this is helpful to those interested.

IMG_20221221_212232754~2.jpg

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

Definitely offered under the Classic Package.   I wish they would also offer non-alcoholic spirits and some better-quality non-alcoholic wines.  Fre is not the best.  

That's the only brand I've heard of.  What is your recommendation for other brands?  Will check them out.  Thanks.

My husband likes red wines, so those are the ones that we are familiar with.

Total Wines has this one:  Be Free Deaalcoholized Cabernet Sauvignon  &  St. Regis Cabernet.  They both run about $10.00-$11.00 per bottle. 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:22 AM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

That's the only brand I've heard of.  What is your recommendation for other brands?  Will check them out.  Thanks.

My personal favorite is Ariel - Cabernet -  It's is brewed in San Jose just down the street.   I often can get various year -  goes for about $9.

For whites I like Zeitz Eins Zwei Zero Rieling.    About $16 retail

Fre is pretty much jug wine (in my humble opinion) brewed by Sutter Home and I can buy it for about $7.50    Drinkable and I do consume it often on Celebrity.

Edited by Jim_Iain