How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

25 minutes ago, RKSue said:

Go on line and go into your cruise personalizer. That’s were you cancel your bids or go to the bid confirmation letter and follow the link. That’s where you can cancel. 

Thank you! I don't think I ever got a confirmation letter... But I will check,!

2 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

It appears that my bids have been lost. I just checked and all I have is the option to upgrade! Nothing else unfortunately 

So now you can ignore or try again. Make sure at the very bottom of the page you confirm and save it. 

Edited by RKSue
Spell check changed word

1 minute ago, RKSue said:

So now you can ignore or try again. Make sure at the very bottom of the page you confirm and Dave it. 

Thank you! I think even though it's just an inside (that's how I managed to turn one week on the Discovery into 2 weeks) I do like the location. Staying away from this, at least for now!

What happens in the likely event that several have the high bid? Random draw? It looks like the bid bar is in $5 increments. I would think $1 increment bids would spread out the field more. I realize that there may be more than one available cabin in a category.

Edited by Musky Ike

3 hours ago, toofewcruises said:

No. None. I tried the chat but the agent I spoke with didn't seem to understand what I was talking about wanting to cancel the upgrade bids... I assume I will hear something soon as I sail on November 26.

It’s probably too early to hear. Hang in there. 

33 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

Thank you! I think even though it's just an inside (that's how I managed to turn one week on the Discovery into 2 weeks) I do like the location. Staying away from this, at least for now!

Update. I had one bid but never received a confirmation letter. I modified the bid and now I did get the letter. Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

What happens in the likely event that several have the high bid? Random draw? It looks like the bid bar is in $5 increments. I would think $1 increment bids would spread out the field more. I realize that there may be more than one available cabin in a category.

In the Celebrity process how they  determine who “wins” the bid is not communicated.  It is logical that the level of the vacated (and whether it has an outstanding bid) would be a factor.

Although the Princess process does not have to be the same, you can never “decline” your winning bid in the Celebrity process. 
Personally I think Princess is trying to be customer friendly by allowing several different ways to make the payment.  This may be causing confusion with some Princess staff and some customers.  

Customers  have been able to change winning bid cabins within the same category only.

2 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Could it be 1st come 1st served so if the same $ for the same bid it would be based on the date/time that you made your bid?

Tom🤔

Has anyone else received a bid email, after the initial one, with revised minimum bid pricing for some cabins?

I saw one report here. I am just curious if the company managing this bid program and Princess will analyze data and adjust ranges if necessary. 

We're sailing on the Dec. 17, Sky Princess cruise. Though, there could obviously be unassigned guarantees, there appear to be loads of balcony, mini-suite and suite cabins available. My Dad is in an inside and his minimum bid offers are not what I would consider a deal (more than he paid for his cabin). We're in a standard balcony (BB) and when I compare my offers to the minimum bids that someone just posted for their upcoming 10 day Emerald Princess cruise, same length cruise and also booked in a standard balcony, our mini-suite minimum bids start at twice the price for a regular mini and more than twice the price for club class. 

This just make me curious what sort of metrics they are using to come up with these ranges. For example, do they just hope they can get more on holiday cruises? Do they actually take into account the number of open cabins? Do they use your original paid fare to tailor each booking's bid ranges? Etc..  I'm not complaining, just find it interesting to see the differences and ponder how they are coming up with the ranges. 

5 hours ago, minabruuke said:

Has anyone else received a bid email, after the initial one, with revised minimum bid pricing for some cabins?

I have been curious about that as well so I went back and checked my upgrade/bid emails.   I will be on the 10/30 Royal, 12/2 & 12/18 Ruby.  I received the first upgrade/bid email after final payment, then another about a week later for each cruise.  The first and second email for each cruise have identical bid amounts for each category so far.

It will be interesting to see if this is the standard procedure for all cruises or if in some cases they lower the bid amounts etc. 

21 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

My guess would be whatever cabin that you are giving up would be a factor.  Let's say you have a very desirable cabin, say E732 on a Grand class ship, a mini with an extended balcony fully covered.  It might be easier for Princess to resell that cabin by upgrading you to a Vista Suite, especially on a longer cruise where the price closer to sail date for a Vista might be out of reach for most. 

7 hours ago, minabruuke said:

I saw one report here. I am just curious if the company managing this bid program and Princess will analyze data and adjust ranges if necessary. 

We're sailing on the Dec. 17, Sky Princess cruise. Though, there could obviously be unassigned guarantees, there appear to be loads of balcony, mini-suite and suite cabins available. My Dad is in an inside and his minimum bid offers are not what I would consider a deal (more than he paid for his cabin). We're in a standard balcony (BB) and when I compare my offers to the minimum bids that someone just posted for their upcoming 10 day Emerald Princess cruise, same length cruise and also booked in a standard balcony, our mini-suite minimum bids start at twice the price for a regular mini and more than twice the price for club class. 

This just make me curious what sort of metrics they are using to come up with these ranges. For example, do they just hope they can get more on holiday cruises? Do they actually take into account the number of open cabins? Do they use your original paid fare to tailor each booking's bid ranges? Etc..  I'm not complaining, just find it interesting to see the differences and ponder how they are coming up with the ranges. 

Part of it might be itinerary driven, part may be class of ship (Royal class versus older)

• Like 1

My cruise is on Saturday & since I’ve not heard anything I’m assuming that neither of my bids was excepted. I’m leaving on Friday so if anything changes they can give me new luggage tags at the pier or print them out at my hotel. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 1:08 PM, Bamer5 said:

My current cabin assignment says Ocean view ,05 category and my room is premium balcony room, but my upgrade bids are starting me as if I’m just in an ocean view room not premium. I called Princess and of course they can’t do nothing about it it’s not their department it’s corporals.

I have a similar situation for an upcoming Ruby sailing (one month out).   I am booked in a Club Class Mini-Suite and have not received the email yet so I found my way to the upgrade bid page on the website.  When it takes me to the third party bidding page it shows me as in a Mini-Suite (not CC) - all subsequent bid opportunities are therefore priced as if I am not already booked in Club Class.  Frustrating. I called Princess to ask that my correct booked category show on the bidding screen as this affects the suggested bid prices.  The person I spoke with just didn't understand what I was trying to achieve.  I will try again tomorrow.   Other than myself and Bamer5 has anyone else had this issue?  The page offers me various Suite upgrades for bidding but the pricing is not reflective of my current level of accommodation (actually the pricing is not attractive at all). The system thinks I am in a Mini-Suite and therefore offers my first bid option as an opportunity to go from a Mini-Suite to a Club Class Mini-Suite.  Why would I bid to be in the category I am already booked into.   I am sure the minimum bids for the suite accommodations would be adjusted slightly in my favor if the system was showing me in my correct category.   Any suggestions on how I can get this changed on the bidding screen?

Thanks

Edited by goldengatecruisers

1 hour ago, goldengatecruisers said:

I have a similar situation for an upcoming Ruby sailing (one month out).   I am booked in a Club Class Mini-Suite and have not received the email yet so I found my way to the upgrade bid page on the website.  When it takes me to the third party bidding page it shows me as in a Mini-Suite (not CC) - all subsequent bid opportunities are therefore priced as if I am not already booked in Club Class.  Frustrating. I called Princess to ask that my correct booked category show on the bidding screen as this affects the suggested bid prices.  The person I spoke with just didn't understand what I was trying to achieve.  I will try again tomorrow.   Other than myself and Bamer5 has anyone else had this issue?  The page offers me various Suite upgrades for bidding but the pricing is not reflective of my current level of accommodation (actually the pricing is not attractive at all). The system thinks I am in a Mini-Suite and therefore offers my first bid option as an opportunity to go from a Mini-Suite to a Club Class Mini-Suite.  Why would I bid to be in the category I am already booked into.   I am sure the minimum bids for the suite accommodations would be adjusted slightly in my favor if the system was showing me in my correct category.   Any suggestions on how I can get this changed on the bidding screen?

Thanks

Just now, Bamer5 said:

I have tried calling and have gotten no help at all… They keep saying it’s a corporate issue ,they look after the bids. There is no number to call that I know of or no email to send.

13 hours ago, texbecca said:

image.png.4b9a61b34fe4a67ac0f1280cf64d2996.png

I would buy the upgrade if it’s important to you.  The bidding process is no guarantee. Everyone on your sailing will get it and who knows how many actual cabins are available for upgrade. It’s a huge risk not a guarantee of upgrading. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1