Live Blog: Reflection, Italy, Croatia and Montenegro. September 16-September 26.

calicakes

On 9/19/2022 at 8:47 PM, terrydtx said:

Last month masks were required in public transportation like buses and all trains in Italy.  Even a couple of our private car transports required masks be worn. Not all of the Reflection shore excursions buses required masks.

Interesting. We were in Italy in May. Before we got off of the plane we were told that masks were required. Hardly anyone had one on In the airport and the ones that did were not locals! We didn’t need them anywhere, not even on the train. We only had one excursion in Italy that required masks and that was the last day before we got off of the ship. 

56 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Interesting. We were in Italy in May. Before we got off of the plane we were told that masks were required. Hardly anyone had one on In the airport and the ones that did were not locals! We didn’t need them anywhere, not even on the train. We only had one excursion in Italy that required masks and that was the last day before we got off of the ship. 

Masks were not required in the airports or the train stations, but once we boarded the fast express train from Rome to Florence the Conductors told everyone to mask up or risk being fined and put off the train. It was the same going to Venice from Florence on the train too.  The one time we rode a public bus in Rome we had to wear masks. They were required by Italian law in all taxi's but only a few of the ones we took enforced masks. 

Edited by terrydtx

2 hours ago, calicakes said:

It was advertised in the daily newsletter.  Another lady in the waiting room told is it was usually 200.00.  When the bill was presented to us, it said 149 minus 10.00.     I don't think it was Canyon Ranch.  They were pushing Elemis products.  

We kind of fell into the dog sitting, our lives revolve around our dogs.  Someone asked us to watch a dog, then another, then they told a friend.  I printed up business cards and pushed them on people we meet at the dog park( we go every day).  We specialize in poodles and doodles.   We include baths if a dog is with us for 3 days or more.  People love having a clean dog to come home to.   

We're moving to Fl next year and we hope to do petsitting there too. 

Are you moving to be closer to the cruise ports?; we have entertained that idea, but my DH loves to ski and ski and...we also love dogs much more than some people!

Our private drivers want us to wear N95 masks in Italy, but that's fine with me...whatever.

Sorry about the weather.  That happened to us one spring; we almost did not get to port in Slovenia due to huge wind gusts/storm.  By the afternoon skies were beautiful.

So, what are you enjoying the most, along with what you could do without?

Edited by Lastdance

3 hours ago, calicakes said:

The massages were amazing.  We went to the room and had a 2hr nap.  We're invited up to the helipad for sail away tonight.    My app hasn't worked all day, so I don't know what is on the dinner menu at Luminae.  I guess we'll find out later. 

Glad you enjoyed the spa..great deal.  Elemis products mean not Canyon Ranch..I like the "new" company better and prefer Elemis products...now easy to buy on the internet with deals and samples!

Enjoy the helipad.. wear good shoes..can be awkward getting there!

Dinner in Luminae. Potatoes soup notary so scallops no pork Valley. The scallops were a little too undercooked for my liking. The watermelon is in the amuse. Dessert was chocolate soufflé and a pineapple custard. Julie had the kids filet again.20220921_191045.thumb.jpg.2a33830cfe665ad61c4f9115e4a04e0d.jpg

20220921_184909.jpg

20220921_185229.jpg

20220921_185229.jpg

20220921_194723.jpg

20220921_193725.jpg

• Like 1

It was advertised in the daily newsletter.  Another lady in the waiting room told is it was usually 200.00.  When the bill was presented to us, it said 149 minus 10.00.     I don't think it was Canyon Ranch.  They were pushing Elemis products.  

We kind of fell into the dog sitting, our lives revolve around our dogs.  Someone asked us to watch a dog, then another, then they told a friend.  I printed up business cards and pushed them on people we meet at the dog park( we go every day).  We specialize in poodles and doodles.   We include baths if a dog is with us for 3 days or more.  People love having a clean dog to come home to.   

We're moving to Fl next year and we hope to do petsitting there too. 

Pet Talk:

Our neighbor,  mostly watches pets in our Community in Venice Fl , all breeds.  Our community is very pet friendly with several dog parks and owners gathering with their dogs at various areas just to chat.   

I know folks by the names of their dogs.   Dh and I  are catlovers but no pets right now..we go back and forth as snowbirds so not practical.

When we were cruising frequently sbd had our  cats, we had a great pet sitter a vet tech that came in 2x day but we  still felt guilty 

Where are u headed in Fla?

12 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Are you moving to be closer to the cruise ports?; we have entertained that idea, but my DH loves to ski and ski and...we also love dogs much more than some people!

Our private drivers want us to wear N95 masks in Italy, but that's fine with me...whatever.

Sorry about the weather.  That happened to us one spring; we almost did not get to port in Slovenia due to huge wind gusts/storm.  By the afternoon skies were beautiful.

So, what are you enjoying the most, along with what you could do without?

We're not actually moving to be closer.  We're moving to Naples, FL.  We love the beach lifestyle.  The beach is our happy place.  Also, FL doesn't tax J's pension.   I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale( Plantation) FL.  

What am I enjoying most about the cruise?  It has been very relaxing.  I don't really have many complaints.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hcat said:

Our neighbor,  mostly watches pets in our Community in Venice Fl , all breeds. 

Maybe we should add Venice to our "cities to look at ".  I don't think Naples is too pet friendly.  The beaches are gorgeous.  Julie really wanted to move to Marco Island, but I said NO.  I won't pay more for a house in FL, than we paid for a house in CA.   

• Like 1

Lunch in Luminae. Crab cake sandwich. and fries instead of chips. I only eat half the bun. Desserts were white chocolate mouse and black forest cake revisited. J wasn't hungry.

20220922_123233.jpg

20220922_124822.jpg

20220922_124826.jpg

Edited by calicakes
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, calicakes said:

Marella explorer 2 is leaving before us.  This ship used to be the Celebrity Century.

20220921_172856.jpg

We saw her on our cruise last month, the Century was our first Celebrity cruise in 2008, a Western Mediterranean cruise. Celebrity has come a long way with more innovative ships since then. 

17 hours ago, hcat said:

Glad you enjoyed the spa..great deal.  Elemis products mean not Canyon Ranch..I like the "new" company better and prefer Elemis products...now easy to buy on the internet with deals and samples!

Enjoy the helipad.. wear good shoes..can be awkward getting there!

I think the new spa company is actually the pre-Canyon Ranch operator, Steiner. My only problem with them is the incessant pushing of products. I like the Elemis products, but don’t enjoy the hard selling while I’m trying to relax!

2 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

I think the new spa company is actually the pre-Canyon Ranch operator, Steiner. My only problem with them is the incessant pushing of products. I like the Elemis products, but don’t enjoy the hard selling while I’m trying to relax!

Oh yes you are right they tried to sell us products. 

• Like 1

I've never seen this before. All the crew walking through the pool area. Lots of clapping for them. It was nice.  The dancers also put on the little show.

20220922_113352.jpg

20220922_113713.jpg

20220922_114009.jpg

20220922_114209.jpg

20220922_113704.jpg

We had the crew "parade" in the pool area on our Reflection cruise in January.  It was the first and only time I saw the captain the entire cruise.  Same captain that you have!

Skipping to another post...my parents had a place in Naples...dad loved it for the four months they were there...mom couldn't wait to get back to Chicago...she was not a fan of the heat and humidity. They found Naples by visiting relatives that had a place on Marco.  That is my idea of paradise!

1 minute ago, calicakes said:

I'm not looking forward to that.  The humidity in Rome just about did me in. 

We were in Cocoa Beach last month for two nights pre-cruise.  I was a puddle the whole time!!!  But I would do it again in a second to be close to a cruiseport.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We saw her on our cruise last month, the Century was our first Celebrity cruise in 2008, a Western Mediterranean cruise. Celebrity has come a long way with more innovative ships since then. 

Your review is amazing.  Thank you again for bringing us along.

The Century was our first exposure to cruising and Celebrity in 2007 and we haven't looked back.

• Like 1

Off topic sorry,....Suggest you look at Venice and Nokomis area...all quite nice. It was seriously hot and humid this summer..worse than NY.

Amost  everything in Venice is pet and people friendly.....avg age  of residents decreasing..not just for seniors anymore.  Dog parks, dogs welcome at some  beach areas and  outdoor cafes. Venice Beach is known as the shark tooth capital.....not many hi rises....yet!

Smaller down town on Venice Island  than Naples but great shops and places to eat..diff types of cuisine/food.  There's a local live theatre, museums etc,  We "live" off the island in a nature preserve area..but enjoy it all....esp off season when crowds go away and you can find a place to park. 

Not far from Sarasota.. we love it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asnaleah said:

I let the therapist know right away that I have more Elemis at home than she has,,If she can't discount more than 15% don't bother..I get that discount online with free shipping. 

I have gotten some good prices in the cosmetics store.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, calicakes said:

Lunch in Luminae. Crab cake sandwich. and fries instead of chips. I only eat half the bun. Desserts were white chocolate mouse and black forest cake revisited. J wasn't hungry.

20220922_123233.jpg

20220922_124822.jpg

20220922_124826.jpg

Did not know they offer lunch in Luminae..On E Class we usually go the the Bistro..upcharge, or EDEN cafe no upcharge

Dh will love the crabcakes..if they taste as good as they look. Desserts look great which I can't have..maybe just  a spoonful!