Diamond + BOGO specialty dinners

3yorkies

Just made diamond plus for next cruise, and I know about the extra day of internet and the extra drink each day, but have a question about the BOGO dinner.   When you are a solo cruiser, can you use the two dinners on different nights and in different restaurants.   For example can you have your first meal in Giovanni's on day three and your second on day five at Samba Grill and just pay for the most expensive of the two?   If not, this benefit is worthless to those who choose to cruise solo.   TIA for any insights.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3yorkies said:

Just made diamond plus for next cruise, and I know about the extra day of internet and the extra drink each day, but have a question about the BOGO dinner.   When you are a solo cruiser, can you use the two dinners on different nights and in different restaurants.   For example can you have your first meal in Giovanni's on day three and your second on day five at Samba Grill and just pay for the most expensive of the two?   If not, this benefit is worthless to those who choose to cruise solo.   TIA for any insights.

That is ship dependent.  Some are very rigid in following yhe stated guidelines that it is only valid on nights one and 2 while others are more accommodating. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

That is ship dependent.  Some are very rigid in following yhe stated guidelines that it is only valid on nights one and 2 while others are more accommodating. 

I would be fine with doing nights one and two, as long as can eat two places on two nights.   I just don't want two meals one night in one place, lol.   I overeat enough on a cruise already without doing that!

1 hour ago, 3yorkies said:

I would be fine with doing nights one and two, as long as can eat two places on two nights.   I just don't want two meals one night in one place, lol.   I overeat enough on a cruise already without doing that!

It would be far better if that benefit was 'one free specialty dining' rather than BOGO, certainly better for solo cruisers.

Unlikely though as RCI would lose out on the purchase of one cover.

11 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

Grandeur had it book first night, chops and pay for chops, and Giovanni no charge later in the week.

Note it is not good at izumi or chefs dinner. So only 2 places its good on grandeur. 

16 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

I had the same question. Getting Diamond + after sailing Harmony October 2nd. Also, is it per stateroom? Or, per Diamond + member?

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Is it possible to book the Chops + 1 package in advance and have adjustments made on board to apply the BOGOs?

Don't recall reports of being able to add the BOGO to any discounted specialty dinners - usually, you need to pay the list price and then you can add the BOGO on board.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Don't recall reports of being able to add the BOGO to any discounted specialty dinners - usually, you need to pay the list price and then you can add the BOGO on board.

I have paid for the Chops + 1, you are saying the only way to use the BOGO is to add additional nights?

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have paid for the Chops + 1, you are saying the only way to use the BOGO is to add additional nights?

No, the BOGO is usually only applied to the full fare Chops for a single person - Chops+1 is discounted and the staff on board may or may not allow to add BOGO to it.