Beyond Transatlantic Drops Bermuda, adds Malaga

Sascol

16 hours ago, amevola said:

If you have suggestions for tours, either private or ship-based, please feel free to share either here or privately! 🙂

I do! We ❤️Malaga

Damian was our guide for a wonderful walking tour of Malaga that had stops for wine and tapas. 

We Love Malaga | Unique Tours in Malaga and Southern Spain

We booked a private tour with this company for our group of 12 on a port stop there and 5 years later we all still rave about what a fantastic day we had!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

I do! We ❤️Malaga

Damian was our guide for a wonderful walking tour of Malaga that had stops for wine and tapas. 

We Love Malaga | Unique Tours in Malaga and Southern Spain

We booked a private tour with this company for our group of 12 on a port stop there and 5 years later we all still rave about what a fantastic day we had!

Thanks so much, TMLAalum,  I have reached out to them and someone responded immediately despite actually being on a tour.  I asked him to wait until he finished the tour to talk.  I am looking at the Ultimate Malaga History and Food tour.  If anyone else is interested, please let me know. 

4 minutes ago, amevola said:

Thanks so much, TMLAalum,  I have reached out to them and someone responded immediately despite actually being on a tour.  I asked him to wait until he finished the tour to talk.  I am looking at the Ultimate Malaga History and Food tour.  If anyone else is interested, please let me know. 

We did the tapas tasting tour with them this past spring.  Was to be a group tour but we were the only 2.  Would recommend.  

• Thanks 1

Based on recommendations here and on FB, my husband Joe and I are going to take the "Ultimate Malaga History and Food Tour" by "We Love Malaga." https://welovemalaga.com/tapas-tours/ultimate-malaga-history-and-food

If anyone would like to join us, please let me know so I can speak to the company about a group.  In a nutshell, there will be 10 or fewer people in the group and the price will range anywhere form 75 to 85 Euro depending on the number.  It is a four-hour tour which begins at 10:30am so it will be perfect for those who want something with time to explore afterward.  Please see all the details on the site above.

19 hours ago, omeinv said:

And 10 minutes later I got the email.  Edge is going the the Azores instead of Bermuda.  🙂

Harris

Denver, CO

We did Ponta Delgada on our TA a few years back --- one of our favorite stops. beautiful, flowers along almost every road..

mac_tlc

Wish they would do the same for the Summit sailing on 15th October.  This is going to be a real hassle for us as we will be coming from the UK a couple of days prior to sailing so means we will need to sort out 2 separate proctored tests now (1 to board and 1 for Bermuda). Add to that the $40 pp to visit for a few hours - doesn't seem really worth it 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lilipop54 said:

This is going to be a real hassle for us as we will be coming from the UK a couple of days prior to sailing so means we will need to sort out 2 separate proctored tests now (1 to board and 1 for Bermuda).

You only need 1 test to board.

14 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

richYak, Why do you say that it probably won’t be dropped?  

It's clear to me that Bermuda is being dropped from sailings that will necessitate mid-cruise covid testing of passengers. For the Beyond sailing I mentioned, a mid-cruise covid test won't be required to call in Bermuda, therefore, it will remain on the itinerary.

3 hours ago, amevola said:

Based on recommendations here and on FB, my husband Joe and I are going to take the "Ultimate Malaga History and Food Tour" by "We Love Malaga." https://welovemalaga.com/tapas-tours/ultimate-malaga-history-and-food

If anyone would like to join us, please let me know so I can speak to the company about a group.  In a nutshell, there will be 10 or fewer people in the group and the price will range anywhere form 75 to 85 Euro depending on the number.  It is a four-hour tour which begins at 10:30am so it will be perfect for those who want something with time to explore afterward.  Please see all the details on the site above.

You would be more likely to get results if you posted this in the Roll Call.

18 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'm more interested to know why someone would book a Aruba, Curaçao and Bermuda sailing if they didn't want Bermuda?  So many other AC/ABC sailings out there to choose from

Unique embarkation/disembarkation port cities combination

length of cruise

timing of cruise (mid-October)

going to Bermuda was not a factor in the decision at all.  In fact, several other ports would have had more appeal.

36 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'm more interested to know why someone would book a Aruba, Curaçao and Bermuda sailing if they didn't want Bermuda?  So many other AC/ABC sailings out there to choose from

There are usually big discounts on that type of one way repositioning cruise. I don't know if that was the case with their sailing but I took one like it and it was a bargain. Wish they would stop their whining. They should have known what they were getting into. 

Malaga is a real foodie destination. There are loads of good restaurants serving great tapas both the classic stuff and now more modern versions too. The market is an excellent place to stock up on spices including saffron and herbs as well as local almonds or try a few slices some of the more expensive iberico hams. It's a good spot for a classic tapas lunch at one of the bars.

A walk of both the walls of Gibralfaro (€3) for great views and then lower down, the small incredibly well preserved Alcazaba, way smaller than the Alhambra but well worth the €2 entrance fee. Do find the lift to the higher entrance rather than climb from the roman theatre.  Of course, if it's raining try the Picasso museum or the Thyssen Carmen museum... There's so much to do just a short distance from the ship.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Bookings were made long before Bermuda imposed impediments including a charge for visiting there

Sorry that does not fly. Bermuda enacted the Travel Authorization in the summer of 2020. The fee in 2021 for air visitors and then cruise visitors when cruises resumed was $75.  All cruise visitors  in 2021 had to do the TA and pay the fee which was $75 in 2021. If you somehow managed to book your cruise in 2020 you have had plenty of time to cancel your booking. The restrictions have been changed a number of times to lessor requirements throughout 2022. You had a long time to cancel your booking before final payment. 

Edited by Charles4515

21 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Saved yourself $40pp by not stopping there for one day. 

Really only 7 hours, if you include 1 hour getting off and 1 hour getting onboard....so your paying the Bermuda Government a bit over $5 per hour to set foot on their island...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 5:04 PM, mfs2k said:

Lets go Repositioning Beyond 10/26. You're next.

Time to drop Bermuda and add......  (I vote for Tortola)

I’m on that one too. Celebrity has posted that if Bermuda is the first stop they won’t drop it because we can test before we board the ship for entry to Bermuda. Stops mid cruise mean the Med staff on the ship has to proctor all those tests.