Carnival Pride 10-day cruise to (Pompeii), (Mt. Etna), Mykonos, Santorini, Athens, Olympia, Turkey, plus train around Italy

IntrepidFromDC

5 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I didn't buy the limoncello as a souvenir,  I bought it for my belly. I just shared that pic because I found it a funny coincidence that as soon as I buy it someone shared a story about limoncello. 

Ahhh, so you would drink to while on the cruise. Gotcha! 

It's great Carnival allows you to bring alcohol back in Europe Port stops and you get to drink it on board. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

Hi NCTribeFan.  Do you know who you have booked for your private tour to Taormina?  That is something we would be interested in for our cruise next year.  We are doind a B2B and stop in Messina on both cruises.  So we have the opportunity to concentrate on a site on each cruise.

I remember meeting you on the Splendor cruise from San Juan to Miami.  We were on the same shuttle from the port to the airport.  I was traveling with my son.  I was a CPA also, now retired.

Greetings!  I wish I was fully retired, but I'm still working for these deadlines.  Took the summer off.  I'm sitting here right now waiting for K-1s to finally arrive!

I do not know the tour.  One of my cruise buddies is doing the planning for Taormina.  Sorry!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Greetings!  I wish I was fully retired, but I'm still working for these deadlines.  Took the summer off.  I'm sitting here right now waiting for K-1s to finally arrive!

I do not know the tour.  One of my cruise buddies is doing the planning for Taormina.  Sorry!

Hopefully you will be able to retire confortably in the near future.  It is really great to be retired.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Pisa surprised me, it's larger but more walkable than I expected from pre-vacay research.  The first pics are my walk from the NH Pisa, which understands prime real estate should go to le toilette, to the famous leaning tower. 

20220921_112313.jpg

20220921_112121.jpg

20220921_203020.jpg

20220921_113653.jpg

20220921_113450.jpg

20220921_203119.jpg

20220921_112823.jpg

20220921_113336.jpg

I see, and like, what you did there with the leaning slant of your pics...very DC of you!!

• Haha 1

Pisa, the town, looks really nice. 

All I saw of Pisa on my trip there then on to Florence, was the crammed touristy stalls between the big bus parking and the tower.  IMO, one of the biggest tourist traps I've ever seen.  Best part of it was taking refuge in a small shop and having a cappuccino and gelato.

Dinner looks great.  Maybe a good thing I don't read Italian.  I'd probably drool all over my keyboard.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Someone else asked and I did not see your reply.  Did you have any issues bringing liquor back on the ship, either in Rome or ports?

I didn't bring any liquor onto the ship, I have one of those free drink offers. I'm sorry to say I didn't notice anyone carrying liquor on. But I have read multiple people saying they did.

This morning I caught an early train to La Spezia, $10 taxi to the La Spezia port, and boarded the ferry that stops in all five villages of the Cinque Terre.  One pic is of the ferry leaving port. 2 hours to the furthest village Monterosso,  lunch there at Della Tortuga, then train to Riomaggiore to check in to airbnb.

20220922_105138.jpg

20220922_112154.jpg

20220922_091101.jpg

20220922_090706.jpg