Got documents fir upcoming cruise

oskidunker

2 hours ago, bbtondo said:

What do you mean by "actual luggage tags"?  I only got the paper tags with my room number on it for when I board the ship.

Princess requires you go on line and print the luggage tags. Oceania sends them to you in the mail. The difference is what I was referring to.

No need for any of that stuff.  It’s travel.  Got a receipt and confirmation for air travel, hotel stays, and some cruises.  Some cruise lines have gone all electronic. No paperwork. Show up at the dock.  Your reservation should be in the system or on a list.  Agent checks credentials and puts luggage tags on bags. Off you go.  It works for planes.  It works for cruises. 

7 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Agent checks credentials and puts luggage tags on bags. Off you go.  It works for planes.  It works for cruises. 

Except  when the baggage gets checked in before getting to the check in desk for the cruise line 😉

Most ports we have been to the porters take your bags as you exit the taxi/bus/Uber etc

no need to drag them to the check in desk

YMMV

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

No need for any of that stuff.  It’s travel.  Got a receipt and confirmation for air travel, hotel stays, and some cruises.  Some cruise lines have gone all electronic. No paperwork. Show up at the dock.  Your reservation should be in the system or on a list.  Agent checks credentials and puts luggage tags on bags. Off you go.  It works for planes.  It works for cruises. 

You do you.   I'll do me, thank you.  I prefer printed luggage tags instead of relying on an overworked shore agents illegible scrawl.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

someone posted a photo of the new tags   but they look more like luggage tags than the previous ones

I bet they are just as strong as the old kind  😉

new  tags  in this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2875114-blue-book/#comment-63919396

We were on the Riviera last month.  The tags are made of plastic.  Plenty sturdy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Princess requires you go on line and print the luggage tags. Oceania sends them to you in the mail. The difference is what I was referring to.

Thanks.  I was thinking they were luggage tags to be reused like the red leather ones Viking gives you.