Pacific Explorer in Cairns today - 10th September 2022.

Great photos.  Passengers can walk along the waterfront to the Esplanade, past the swimming lagoon, past Muddys Playground, on paths or parklands.  When the tide is out, it is wonderful to see all the birdlife on the mudflats.  Families of curlews live in the car parks nearby. There is a great waterfront cafe near Muddy's Playground where lots of locals have breakfast or a coffee. 

• Like 1

We will be returning to Cains next year and will overnight also. As we've done all the usual Kurranda attractions etc. I am looking for alternative suggestions. Any ideas please? We will be there on a Sunday.

Cheers Anne

Edited by kent05

19 minutes ago, kent05 said:

We will be returning to Cains next year and will overnight also. As we've done all the usual Kurranda attractions etc. I am looking for alternative suggestions. Any ideas please? We will be there on a Sunday.

Cheers Anne

I suggest a visit to Hartley's Crocodile Adventures, north of Cairns. They offer a transfer service from Cairns. You can check it out on the Hartley's website.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 10:56 AM, MMDown Under said:

Great photos.  Passengers can walk along the waterfront to the Esplanade, past the swimming lagoon, past Muddys Playground, on paths or parklands.  When the tide is out, it is wonderful to see all the birdlife on the mudflats.  Families of curlews live in the car parks nearby. There is a great waterfront cafe near Muddy's Playground where lots of locals have breakfast or a coffee. 

We had breakfast at Muddy's Cafe in August when we spent 10 days in Cairns. Very popular and busy with both locals and visitors.

4 hours ago, possum52 said:

We had breakfast at Muddy's Cafe in August when we spent 10 days in Cairns. Very popular and busy with both locals and visitors.

I usually avoid waterfront places which are usually overpriced due to location.  However I noticed all having early coffee/ breakfast were  locals.  Maybe more visitors later.  Certainly a nice place to stop on long walk along the esplanade.  A elderly local lady had left her dog tied up to a table in the park while she ran in to get a coffee.  Before you could blink, a ranger was there asking who owned the dog.  

I'd love to have a BBQ near the pool.  Puts GC to shame!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...