What's the earliest you got off ship in Port Canaveral

57 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

This would be for Wonder next May. Plan is to rent car at port back to MCO. I'm ok with self assist if it gets me down the street to enterprise faster. Just want to make sure I can make 11:45 departure work. Otherwise it's another $400 each for later flight.

Just be aware. There are sometimes lines at Enterprise and they are waiting for cars to come from MCO to give to cruisers.  There are several shuttle options that are very reliable early in the morning.  Also Uber /Lyft is an option.

Edited by irishgal432

8 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Just be aware. There are sometimes lines at Enterprise and they are waiting for cars to come from MCO to give to cruisers.  There are several shuttle options that are very reliable early in the morning.  Also Uber /Lyft is an option.

We know we want to rent a car since we are coming in a day early. Didn't really think about a shuttle just for the return. Think that's possible? Any suggestions? Thanks.

5 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

We know we want to rent a car since we are coming in a day early. Didn't really think about a shuttle just for the return. Think that's possible? Any suggestions? Thanks.

That’s exactly what we did. Came in with a rental car and left with a shuttle. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

We always come in a day early, do a one way rental car, return car before cruise and use either a shuttle or private car service to get back to MCO for our flight after cruise.  No one way fees on car rentals in Florida.  We have used Cortrans in the past and they are very good about getting you on your scheduled shuttle.  We used a different company that bumped people ahead of us that had missed their scheduled shuttle and pushed us back to a later shuttle because "we had time" according to them.  Won't ever use them again.  We paid more for a private town car to get us the the airport when we had a flight moved from 1:30pm to 11am.  We were off the ship by 7:30 and at the airport before 8:30.  TSA pre-chek or Global Entry got us through security fast.

2 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

I read someone paid $170 because it was considered a busy time. 

Don't know the costs.  You can check Uber Estimator  You can also now prebook an Uber so you could see the cost.  I think you can book 30 days out

Edited by molly361

8 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

I read someone paid $170 because it was considered a busy time. 

I just did a mock booking for Uber pickup tomorrow morning at PC going to MCO and got $82.4 for Uber X and $99.86 for Comfort 

Sep 11, 08:00 AM

UberX_v1.png
UberX

$82.40

Affordable, everyday rides

package_UberComfort_new_2022.png
Comfort
$99.86

Newer cars with extra legroom

Edited by molly361

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I just did a mock booking for Uber pickup tomorrow morning at PC going to MCO and got $82.4 for Uber X and $99.86 for Comfort 

UberX_v1.png
UberX

$82.40

Comfort
$99.86

Are these just estimated prices? Do they account for surge?

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Are these just estimated prices? Do they account for surge?

Have no idea  Didn't follow thru with booking it.  Afraid to hit the RESERVE button

You really paid $70 for one mile?  I think I would have disputed that charge

Edited by molly361

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Have no idea  Didn't follow thru with booking it.  Afraid to hit the RESERVE button

You really paid $70 for one mile?  I think I would have disputed that charge

Yes! It was one of my sons wedding weekend that happened to also have Garth Brooks concert playing at the Titans stadium and another big country star at Bridgestone arena. We had dinner reservations across town and were taking my husbands family with us so I had no choice but to accept the ride. If it was just us we would’ve walked!

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

24 minutes ago, molly361 said:

UberX_v1.png
UberX

$82.40

Comfort
$99.86

Thank you! That was a great idea! Might not be my Sunday morning, but a Sunday morning from there. So volume/surge should be similar in theory anyway. I didn't know about the prebook 30days out stuff. Something to look into and think about. At this point it's rental car going and shuttle service or uber going back to airport. Not gonna risk car rental lines for return. Shuttle service suggests anyone?

5 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

This would be for Wonder next May. Plan is to rent car at port back to MCO. I'm ok with self assist if it gets me down the street to enterprise faster. Just want to make sure I can make 11:45 departure work. Otherwise it's another $400 each for later flight.

It will be a lot faster to use a ship transfer. Tell them your flight is at 1 pm. You add 60+ minutes fussing with car rentals. 

We used to always use Go Port Canaveral. They used to be cheap, fast, and efficient. They nearly doubled their price after the restart (now $30). 

Edited by BirdTravels