Apex 4 Main Dining Rooms - Which is Your Favorite?

LaughingAndSplashing

We were on the 14 night TA last fall, so even with a couple of nights in Specialty Restaurants we had multiple nights in each.

Since the menus are the same except for the “exclusives”, when I reference menu preferences it will be related to the “exclusive” section.  For menu, my favorites were Cyprus and Normandie.  The Grilled Sea Bass in Cyprus was one of the best fish dishes I have ever been served, land or sea, and I love seafood!  Ordered it twice it was so good!  The Baked Brie starter, the Beef Tenderloin en Croute and the Opera Cake in Normandie were excellent.

Decor - my favorite was Tuscan with Normandie a close second.

Service was good in all four, but exceptional in Normandie and very, very good in Tuscan.  In Tuscan and Normandie, the hostess seated us with the same service team every night (either 3 or 4) we ate there, without our asking.  The second night we dined there, she said “Good evening, Mr. & Mrs. _______, Bobby is looking forward to  to serving you again”.  In Normandie, where we dined 3 nights it was a similar experience.  The Maitre d’ even called me by name when he saw me in Oceanview Cafe.  The hostess in Cyprus, again 3 or 4 nights, didn’t remember names and we were never seated with the same team twice.  Service was fine, but not the familiarity that is so nice.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LaughingAndSplashing said:

Thank you. I'd love to know why. Much appreciated. 

I loved the decor. And the servers I had there made sure I was happy and well taken care of. The other dining rooms were ok, but there was just something extra about the service in Tuscan. Definitely felt 100% safe being gluten-free in there. One of the others...I think Cosmopolitan?...had two different entrees with the same protein and my server wrote down the wrong one that definitely had gluten-filled stuff in it. I noticed it as soon as it came out and got it switched, but I was very clear in what I ordered. I changed my second scheduled night in there (I had Select and had reserved 2 nights in each and did Eden for one night) to Tuscan to avoid any mix up like that.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

On the Edge I loved Tuscan the most.

I was on the Edge also and Tuscan was my favorite as well followed by Normandie.  Loved the baked brie.  One night we were in Tuscan there were only 2 other couples having dinner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We loved Cyprus because of the superb team we had - Amit, our waiter, was professional and friendly, the sommelier, Ally, made us feel like we were  special and welcomed every evening.  We did dine in Normandie twice but service was slower and seemed somewhat confused.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

Yes, it is one of the 3 main dishes on the “exclusives” section, but as @jelaynesaid, you can order an exclusive item from one dining room in any of them.E713A8CD-7C50-4AA6-A72C-FE25A5031474.thumb.jpeg.63e811a12055d934507094e07bd96dac.jpeg

That does look nice. I look forward to trying it.

However if that was served to a Cypriot in Cyprus it would be sent back without trying. It’s not how the Cypriots would serve or eat their fish. 

The whole fish (including the head) would be cooked on the barbecue & served very simply With parsley, onion, lemon & olive oil.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wineoclock said:

That does look nice. I look forward to trying it.

However if that was served to a Cypriot in Cyprus it would be sent back without trying. It’s not how the Cypriots would serve or eat their fish. 

The whole fish (including the head) would be cooked on the barbecue & served very simply With parsley, onion, lemon & olive oil.

I love whole fish! I wish they had it on Apex, but I'll take any seafood I can get--a favorite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LaughingAndSplashing said:

I love whole fish! I wish they had it on Apex, but I'll take any seafood I can get--a favorite.

I love salmon and eat it 2 x per week at home want to try onboard but was wondering if its east coast sockeye or a pink salmon. Those who've ordered would know. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LaughingAndSplashing said:

What time do the main dining rooms open and close for breakfast, and do they always have smoked salmon available? Thank you!

They are open 7 30 to 9 00 am. I assume they have smoked salmon as I request it on my eggs Benedict.  Such a treat but I wouldn't want it every day.