No availability at Murano

ISABELLA

We are booked on Xmas / New Year cruise for 11 days and we're planning to have 2-3 dinners at Murano, but when I tried to reserve them, found out - nothing was available, not even listed under "manage my reservation". What might be the reason? Any thoughts?

It's Xmas / New Years !! 

I would keep checking on a daily basis...there's bound to be some cancellations...well, perhaps...(I mean folks who find they have to cancel the cruise...and had already made reservations...)

You never know...I've lucked out in the past on other lines...

Good Luck!

10 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

We are booked on Xmas / New Year cruise for 11 days and we're planning to have 2-3 dinners at Murano, but when I tried to reserve them, found out - nothing was available, not even listed under "manage my reservation". What might be the reason? Any thoughts?

What might be the reason? The holidays.  They don’t sell the dining packages then, either

Thank you all for your input. I was not even thinking about packages.  It was just strange to me. I never had this problem, although, like you pointed out - it is a Holiday cruise. I will be checking daily and then on board. Looking forward to this cruse.😀

All the the specialty restaurants on my upcoming cruise have been booked full for weeks. I was really disappointed when I tried to reserve Murano two months prior to sailing and couldn't get a reservation on our anniversary. There was only one slot available before 8:30 on any day and now they are fully booked.

They haven’t got the staff. Simple as that.

We eat in Tuscan every night on a Solstice ship whenever we can and have had trouble booking beforehand and on board.

Keep trying and whenever you board, head to wherever you can book and try to get a reservation.

Good luck!

16 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

They haven’t got the staff. Simple as that.

We eat in Tuscan every night on a Solstice ship whenever we can and have had trouble booking beforehand and on board.

Keep trying and whenever you board, head to wherever you can book and try to get a reservation.

Good luck!

Wondering how this impacts passengers traveling in RS and PS who receive complimentary dining in the specialty venues....

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Wondering how this impacts passengers traveling in RS and PS who receive complimentary dining in the specialty venues....

There’s plenty of free tables, just not enough staff.

I can only presume they’d reallocate staff but someone with more knowledge will, no doubt, inform us.

• Like 1

We’re on the Silhouette right now (last night 😞 ) and I couldn’t make any reservations at Murano through the cruise planner before we sailed, but on embarkation day we went straight to the speciality dining concierge and there was availability almost every night, both sittings. We assume they need to keep back some availability for the upper suites who have unlimited speciality dining included. 

We booked two nights in Murano but ended up cancelling one in favour of the secret Taj Banquet curry night (recommended!)

56 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

I think this is Celebrity IT rather than actual availability once you're onboard 

Absolutely!  Prior to our recent March cruise, we tried to book The Lawn Grill on-line, and there was nothing available before 9pm.  We went right to one of the specialty restaurants when we got on board and booked The Lawn Grill for the date and time we had wanted.   The Lawn Grill was dead that night and the host was surprised.  I suggested they have an IT issue for pre-cruising reservations.   

Another " kick at the can " with fear (?) of my approach being called a Bribe --- 

It's the " system " -----used by Maitre'ds in Specialty restaurants on cruise ships, up-scale restaurants on land, or even your golf club.

A few $$ always seems to find-- " We just had a cancellation and will be able to accommodate your party ". 

So, wait until you get on board, go to the Specialty restaurant(s) of your choice and see the Maitre'd($$). 

It's not a bribe--- and, it works.

Why, sure...whenever I see someone try/do that, I always think 'system' never would I think 'bribe'...sure I do...🤔

I mean, who cares about those folks who did it the documented way??

Edited by dlh015

A couple of things are possibly the cause,

They do not release all possible reservations to be booked pre boarding, they keep some for those who are in high end suites that have unlimited specialty dining and spots for those that purchased dining packages. 

Being conservative  with  pre bookings due to the staff shortages that ships have been experiencing.  When  we were last on board Roof Top Grill had staff for less than 50% capacity so the place often looked empty but had they been full neither the wait staffs or cooks could have possibly kept up.

Holiday sailings have large family groups and a dinner for 2 takes less time than a family dinner for 6-8 so tables don't turn as fast.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Do people really do this?  I've only seen it done in movies.

Yes, absolutely. 

I never hand a Maitre'd $$ upfront-- but, in a subtle way leave the "impression " that I know how to say " Thank You ($$) ".

Once he/she asks for your room number, that's their hint that they got the " message " and within a few hours you will ( most likely ) receive a call that there was a cancellation.

The Maitre'ds work for tips-- it's an acceptable way business is done in the Service Industry.

Some on CC think it's a bribe-- 

C'est la vie--- ( That's life ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1