Does anyone know when Princess lets you pick the boarding time you want?

vm6514

9 minutes ago, vm6514 said:

I did the Medallion app ,and now I am Ocean Ready. Does anyone know when Princess lets you

pick the boarding time you want?

Thank you very much!

Good question.

The Medallion Class App 

Travel checklist

Personal information and documents 

move down to Suggested

arrivals

As far as when it opens?  Used to be about 59 days before…but recently it

has been much closer to departure.

I’ve seen 3 weeks or less.

So, I just keep checking.  Lol

It has not really been strictly adhered

to, so I wouldn’t worry about it.  I’d go

when I needed to go, if you don’t see it opening.

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Good question.

The Medallion Class App 

Travel checklist

Personal information and documents 

move down to Suggested

arrivals

As far as when it opens?  Used to be about 59 days before…but recently it

has been much closer to departure.

I’ve seen 3 weeks or less.

So, I just keep checking.  Lol

It has not really been strictly adhered

to, so I wouldn’t worry about it.  I’d go

when I needed to go, if you don’t see it opening.

I appreciate your help.  As you can tell I am very excited for our cruise. Looking forward to us all having a wonderful time!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I have a question for elites.   I thought one of the perks was priority embarkation, so is it necessary to even get an assigned boarding time?    What am I missing here (unless this is a covid thing).

We've cruised four times since the restart. On three out of four, we walked directly from security checkpoint to the ship. Fourth time, we were there a bit early and were directed to wait in the elite/platinum/suite waiting area. All people in that area boarded at the same time. You probably should get an arrival time anyhow.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I have a question for elites.   I thought one of the perks was priority embarkation, so is it necessary to even get an assigned boarding time?    What am I missing here (unless this is a covid thing).

You do get on first when the ship is ready .I still do get a boarding time anyway.

Maybe, it’s for their benefit to handle the crowds, or someday they may adhere to the times. IDK 

1 hour ago, IPA region 30 member said:

14 days before boarding, still not available in the App...  Says to check back.  Grand Princess...

Yours should have opened by August.  But then again, you are boarding in San Pedro.  And the Grand is coming from an foreign port.  It may have be cleared by customs and border patrol/Coast Guard.  San Pedro and Princess are notorious for not having their act together at this cruise terminal.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yours should have opened by August.  But then again, you are boarding in San Pedro.  And the Grand is coming from an foreign port.  It may have be cleared by customs and border patrol/Coast Guard.  San Pedro and Princess are notorious for not having their act together at this cruise terminal.

Does San Pedro check in go smoothly?

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does San Pedro check in go smoothly?

It depends on the pier.  I can only speak for Berth 93.  There is a permanent building (verses a "permanent tent" at B92).  

It can be a little chaotic if you arrive before 10 AM when all off-loading passengers are trying to get picked up and you are trying to get dropped off.  One line into terminal.  Up escalator/elevator.  Separated into Priority check in or not.  All go through the same security line.  There is a dedicated room for Elites/Suites with beverages and danishes with overflow seats just outside.  They are boarded after in-transit passengers and before Platinums.  Switch back ramp (3x) to get on to Promenade Deck.

The tent doesn't have the same accommodations (I don't think).  This berth is used for the larger ships like the Royal Class ships.  Princess did manage to fit the Discovery into Berth 93 with her tail sticking slightly out.  

I have cruised out of B93 often.  Never really had any major issues.  They now have iPads at check in stands (no more counters) and iPads when you disembark after you pick up your luggage.  I usually arrive around 10:30.

16 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It depends on the pier.  I can only speak for Berth 93.  There is a permanent building (verses a "permanent tent" at B92).  

It can be a little chaotic if you arrive before 10 AM when all off-loading passengers are trying to get picked up and you are trying to get dropped off.  One line into terminal.  Up escalator/elevator.  Separated into Priority check in or not.  All go through the same security line.  There is a dedicated room for Elites/Suites with beverages and danishes with overflow seats just outside.  They are boarded after in-transit passengers and before Platinums.  Switch back ramp (3x) to get on to Promenade Deck.

The tent doesn't have the same accommodations (I don't think).  This berth is used for the larger ships like the Royal Class ships.  Princess did manage to fit the Discovery into Berth 93 with her tail sticking slightly out.  

I have cruised out of B93 often.  Never really had any major issues.  They now have iPads at check in stands (no more counters) and iPads when you disembark after you pick up your luggage.  I usually arrive around 10:30.

Thank you!  Great information.

• Like 1

We have gone out of San Pedro (LA port), San Francisco, and NYC (Brooklyn) - always show up around 11:30 - makes no difference to us what time they assign us.  We show up, tell them we are green, (also Plat) and no one asks to see anything on our phone about our check in time.

Never had a problem checking in

My advice -show up and get on board