Celebrity Moveup Bidding Process

Johnas50

Hello. I have a question about Celebrity's new bidding process. VERY confusing. We are are booked in Aquaclass for a December cruising. When we look into the Moveup offers just now they want an additional $1300 starting lowest bid for a Sky Suite! Are we missing something?? Before you could bid anything like $200 on up and take your chances.

The Move Up offers I have received always had a minimum bid.  
The minimum varies based on the category you booked and the price of the category you are bidding on. So for some categories $ 200 could be a winning bid.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnas50 said:

Hello. I have a question about Celebrity's new bidding process. VERY confusing. We are are booked in Aquaclass for a December cruising. When we look into the Moveup offers just now they want an additional $1300 starting lowest bid for a Sky Suite! Are we missing something?? Before you could bid anything like $200 on up and take your chances.

I don't think you're missing anything. Celebrity has lost their minds with Retreat fares lately.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Johnas50 said:

You’re right Richyak. No one’s going to bid such ridiculous Moveup prices. I don’t know what they’re thinking…or do I. $$$$

Our next sailing is about 3 weeks away and after final payment there were 21 Sky Suites open.  Those on the Roll Call who bid are reporting getting there bids accepted and bids as high as the maximum.  So yes people do bid that much, but even the maximum bid was significantly less than booking after final payment would have been.

• Like 1

When you open the move up bid there is a slider bar.    The slider bar will show the Minimum and Maximum.   Make sure you also understand that the bid is PER PERSON for the 1st 2 passengers.

I believe when you open the bid page it is only showing you the Max Bid but when you click the slider bar will show the minimum.

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

I don't think you're missing anything. Celebrity has lost their minds with Retreat fares lately.

31 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

I don’t understand how they calculate those minimum bids either. The bid they give me for a RS (from a SS) is a minimum of $1,500. I could just upgrade on my own right now for $1,100!

Not a surprise considering the $$$$$$ (probably need a couple more dollar signs) all cruise ship lines lost during the covid shut-down. Ships had to be maintained and crewed; these are too large to simply dock.  I suspect we will continue to see price increases.  (We haven't been hit with additional fuel & taxes costs yet.....)

11 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Not a surprise considering the $$$$$$ (probably need a couple more dollar signs) all cruise ship lines lost during the covid shut-down. Ships had to be maintained and crewed; these are too large to simply dock.  I suspect we will continue to see price increases.  (We haven't been hit with additional fuel & taxes costs yet.....)

Meanwhile people are paying for these suites. The demand is there. On many itineraries they are sold out long before embarkation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

Meanwhile people are paying for these suites. The demand is there. On many itineraries they are sold out long before embarkation. 

I totally agree with letsgogogo.  We generally book WELL in advance but we do watch the demand on suites.  And yes, they are often sold out "early".  Folks bidding up just need to do their homework 🙂

The cruises we are looking at for the future (8 months and 1.5 years) all suites are sold out. So I will give a very strong bid to get moved up if a suite becomes available. Even Aqua Class is sold out. Hoping for cancelations when the final payment is due.

We have over 70 SS's available on one of our cruises, as the price for a suite was extremely high.  I usually book suites, but it was way too high for me, especially being part of a b2b.  I do not know why someone would put in a full bid with that many available, but hey, I have been wrong before.  Supply and demand will rule.  The cruise is 12 nights and in Eastern Med on Apex.

In my other booked cruises for 2023 and 2024, most suites are sold out.  One went up over 6,000 from what I paid when the TA on Beyond first open. I was the first to book a sunset suite, according to availability at that time.  The over 6,000 was for an S1, so add about 600-800 more.

Edited by Lastdance

On 9/18/2022 at 5:01 PM, Johnas50 said:

We have a bid on an SS for our Nov. cruise which starts at $1300 Canadian $$s.  Only 2 suites left unsold so little chance we'll have our bid accepted.  The lower opening bids happen when there are many unsold cabins.  Suites seem to be in demand with many using their FCC's from prior cancelled covid cruises.

Made a Move Up offer last month and this morning while checking it, the top of the Move Up Page says "Past Offers".  Instead of being allowed to Modify or Cancel our offer, it now says "Pending" in a gray box - unable to do anything it appears.  I was going to cancel the offer today, but now cannot.  

Since the heading says "Past Offers", do you think that means the offer wasn't accepted?
Just checked bank account and no charge from X as of yet.

Our cruise leaves Oct. 5, 12 days away.

Anyone else have this happen on Move Up Offers?  Thanks.

This has also happened to me for the same cruise.  One offer says expired and the other one still says pending but it is greyed out so cant make any changes to it. I don't know whether it will get accepted or whether it will expire.

There are a lot of cabins still available for this cruise.

On 9/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, Johnas50 said:

Are we missing something?? Before you could bid anything like $200 on up and take your chances.

You are not missing anything. Retreat cabins are selling out at full prices these days. For a popular itinerary, they are not considering lower bids. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, carpese said:

Made a Move Up offer last month and this morning while checking it, the top of the Move Up Page says "Past Offers".  Instead of being allowed to Modify or Cancel our offer, it now says "Pending" in a gray box - unable to do anything it appears.  I was going to cancel the offer today, but now cannot.  

Since the heading says "Past Offers", do you think that means the offer wasn't accepted?
Just checked bank account and no charge from X as of yet.

Our cruise leaves Oct. 5, 12 days away.

Anyone else have this happen on Move Up Offers?  Thanks.

Generally that means your offer was accepted and you will be notified in a couple of days. That it how it was for us.

• Like 1