BYO Wine?

LaughingAndSplashing

eDocs we received today for our 20 Oct TA crossing stated :

**Two bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

Does everyone just ignore that and put it down to Celebrity not bothering to update their own T&Cs ?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cruiser6270 said:

**Two bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

Does everyone just ignore that and put it down to Celebrity not bothering to update their own T&Cs ?

not bothering to update!

8 hours ago, Cruiser6270 said:

I saw that. Search for the word “wine” in the pdf and you’ll see it addressed in two places, one says per cabin, the other is per passenger. The “per passenger” policy is newer. Unfortunately someone didn’t catch the fact that it’s referenced elsewhere in the edocs. 

2 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

I saw that. Search for the word “wine” in the pdf and you’ll see it addressed in two places, one says per cabin, the other is per passenger. The “per passenger” policy is newer. Unfortunately someone didn’t catch the fact that it’s referenced elsewhere in the edocs. 

Look on page 8 of your edocs. “Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them embarkation day may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per guest, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with a Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package.”

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 5:52 PM, Cruiser6270 said:

Hi  I'm busy searching my e-docs for our Oct cruise and can't see any reference to alcohol or wine?  Are you talking about the Guest Booklet - or something else?  Thanks

1 hour ago, DMW/LAW said:

A $25 corkage fee would more than double the cost of my wine. 

On another line we saw someone bring a 5 dollar bottle of wine corkage was more than triple. On vacation we drink better wines at home average 15 a bottle, on vacation 30.

38 minutes ago, George C said:

On another line we saw someone bring a 5 dollar bottle of wine corkage was more than triple. On vacation we drink better wines at home average 15 a bottle, on vacation 30.

We just carried our wine in a glass to dinner when we brought our wine on board.  No way were we going to pay the corkage fee!

• Like 1

We just boarded about a week ago in Seattle & could have easily carried on 2 bottles each. I was chicken & only brought 2 total but they could have cared less who was who. They were just watching each passenger that went through  Four bottles (2 each) would have been no problem.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...