Cruise Approved Power Strip

2018cruisefun

I am taking a couple of options including one that has no cord, and one that has a short cord in my carry on.  I have a CPAP machine to deal with.  I did request an extension cord.  We will see what happens.  Nothing that I am carrying has surge protection.

I also did read the cruise booklet that you can download, and in the prohibited items, there is no mention of power strips, or extension cords that I saw.

And in the customer eDocs there is no mention of electrical extension cords.  Not sure why, but this is what is likely to be read by passengers:

Security Screening And Prohibited Items
Celebrity Cruises highest priority is to ensure the safety and security
of all guests. In order to maintain an effective and meaningful security
environment and to comply with international and national security
laws, regulations and guidelines, Celebrity Cruises has established
strict security procedures in the seaport terminals we utilize and
onboard all our vessels. These measures include screening all guests
and their personal property.
For the safety of our guests and crew there are certain items that
are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated.
Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and
dangerous chemicals will not be returned.
Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas, Sharp Objects,
including knives and scissors* , Illegal Drugs & Substances , Candles
& Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons/Steamers & Hot Plates
, Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows,
Skateboards & Surfboards, Martial Arts Gear, Self-Defense Gear,
including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks, Flammable
Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks, HAM
Radios, Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint; Alcoholic
Beverages**; Hookah Pipes.
*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors
with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.
**Two bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation

18 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It is a shame that there is no consistency.  The website FAQ actually has two listings, when one would do. One is “what not to pack “and the other is “prohibited items”.  The e-docs have a different list.  The confusion is frustrating and unnecessary.

Yep, and my posting that was not to imply one list over the other, but the point out the inconsistency.  I did print out the eDocs since this is my first Celebrity cruise, and read it, and saw that it didn't mention extension cords or power strips. 

34 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yep, and my posting that was not to imply one list over the other, but the point out the inconsistency.  I did print out the eDocs since this is my first Celebrity cruise, and read it, and saw that it didn't mention extension cords or power strips. 

And one can't help noticing that the eDoc says two bottles of wine per stateroom...when the website FAQ clearly says two bottles per passenger...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 10:09 AM, cruisestitch said:

It is a shame that there is no consistency.  The website FAQ actually has two listings, when one would do. One is “what not to pack “and the other is “prohibited items”.  The e-docs have a different list.  The confusion is frustrating and unnecessary.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:28 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

Add to conflicting documentation, even when cruiseline websites say no this or that, for years we've been able to bring them onboard. I've never had a power strip confiscated, but I do always make sure it's the most basic kind, very simple in appearance. Often the biggest issue (as I posted elsewhere) is that one security agent might let something by when another one will confiscate it. Cruise before last we practically got mauled by one guy over something seen in X-Ray, but it was nothing "illegal". First time in our 14 years of cruising that we didn't breeze through security.

I'm not complaining, just saying the only way to guarantee "no problem" clearing security check-in is to just leave the questionable item home. I myself will risk a short-simple-basic power strip, and also a multi-plug.

Edited by Moonarino

2 hours ago, capsplace said:

Just buy a multi plug with 5 receptacles. 
image.thumb.png.c831fb19b7c79ac4f1c1cbdaf991be7f.png

Excellent recommendation.   I also have a couple variations that have 1 or 2 USB ports on the side.

Also I find a couple of these really eliminated my need for a USB ports -

image.thumb.png.f1fce26d916f638473451fe312953ed9.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Excellent recommendation.   I also have a couple variations that have 1 or 2 USB ports on the side.

Also I find a couple of these really eliminated my need for a USB ports -

image.thumb.png.f1fce26d916f638473451fe312953ed9.png

I like your recommendation too.  I’ll check it out!  As for mine, I bring along two of these plugs.  Depending on how the outlets are situated in the stateroom, I can get six items, at a minimum, plugged in at once. Never needed that many, but if I did……