Prima TA 9/23/22 to 10/5/22 Semi-Live, Not

JIMESOPUS

Good morning, east of Nantucket, the map doesn't distance till next port. Since leaving Halifax the "  Italian Ferrari " as the captain has been referring to the Prima, has been cruising around 21kts, this past hour she has been slowly down, waves have been increasing but still smooth sailing

IMG_3184.JPG

• Like 4

We've had 4 days of steady rain and strong northerly winds here in NYC.  Forecast calls for more of the same for your arrival tomorrow morning.  The seas may be a big rough tonight!  Enjoy the rest of the cruise.  Looking forward to seeing the new ship!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A comment of Halifax. When we were there on a cruise, we took an excursion to Peggy's Cove in the morning. We were not really impressed.

In the afternoon, we explored the city. We went first to the Canadian Immigration Museum intending to spend a little time there and then move on. We found it so interesting that we basically spent all our time in the city there. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 11:46 AM, steamboats said:

Yes, deck 8 - The Ocean Boulevard. Here´s my InstaReel walking around deck 8.

Thank you for posting.  Very pleased to see you can walk outside all the way around, unlike the BA/BA+ ship where you need to cut through the indoors.

• Like 1

Have really been enjoying this post and all the great pictures! 

Question, Does the Prima have the same type of TV channels as the other ships?  (Usually a couple of older movie channels, a couple of news channels, etc.)

Edited by Sand and Seas

4 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Have really been enjoying this post and all the great pictures! 

Question, Does the Prima have the same type of TV channels as the other ships?  (Usually a couple of older movie channels, a couple of news channels, etc.)

yes almost the same, 4 movie channels, fox, bbc, msnbc, cnbc ... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

She's not that big.  As a matter of fact the gross tonnage is less than the Breakaway. 

Ah, okay.  Then there must be another ship there.  I usually look at the NY port webcam and when the Breakaway is docked it sticks out about as far as the right side of that angled shaped building so this looks longer.  Unless it's just the angle of the picture.

Anyway, welcome to NYC Prima!

53 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Thank you for sharing the Prima's trip with us and welcome to NY. Pictures alone are priceless in telling the stories.

That's the Disney Magic docked at Pier 90, overnighting here via Bermuda. 

interesting.. I thought pier 88 and 90 were NCL piers.

i guess if no ncl ships, they'll rent it out

39 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

interesting.. I thought pier 88 and 90 were NCL piers.

i guess if no ncl ships, they'll rent it out

NCL does have their own terminal at NYC. Both piers is the ports. Other cruise ships use both piers 

• Like 2

Within the next few days I'll give my opinion on the Prima, the good, the bad and the ugly.

But I'll start my view with this one picture. I remember when the Encore debuted that the chandelier was a hot topic, so NCL eliminated that feature and this is what we got. I watched over 10 minutes and there were lights not working, wish we went back to the " garbage bags "   

IMG_3196.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Within the next few days I'll give my opinion on the Prima, the good, the bad and the ugly.

But I'll start my view with this one picture. I remember when the Encore debuted that the chandelier was a hot topic, so NCL eliminated that feature and this is what we got. I watched over 10 minutes and there were lights not working, wish we went back to the " garbage bags "   

IMG_3196.JPG

I'm sure that I am not the only one looking forward to that summation. I hope there is more good than bad and not much ugly at all.

So here is my impression of the Prima, this is based on the fact that most of the days were spent at sea, outside areas were impossible to use and that the ship had 2200 pax aboard which represents about ⅔ full.

The outside hull art is minimalist, the vibrant colors and art found on the other ships are replaced with a subtle hues which is carried throughout the ship, exterior and interior. 

L9eLN1DO0xN14a_wJ_3_bEqrVJrSfzmvi1VWn5f2hOrNl0JMmgRZ1YFYVWRUU0dR6047twLgL94y2Dte6vPry4BoatWV-b5rBwQBUn6dGumv91bK1y8T6kY1lrh5ScFuISmizXFImEtmUkX23wsDEkSC6PPEmX6HZVwm3YKomErGrVOwT1q7K-xPKQ 

Carrying the hull art work upwards makes it look like graffiti. Guess I’ll never be a artist 

Interior of the ship, near the Metropolitan Bar 

image.thumb.jpeg.9b90dffb8c7371185b2759ab5665631b.jpeg

And the hallway leading to the Atrium 

image.thumb.jpeg.fd5c09efd40bfb2083a948f323405419.jpeg

• Like 3

Our cabin, 14182 was a BA balcony. It has to be one of the largest cabins we ever had, some folks didn’t like the art work but it didn't bother us. There was plenty of storage for two, maybe even three. USB outlets in the two lamps, outlet near the bed and at the desk. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d08245a96928627c6a3eb6ccd59d0a16.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1240bf5ac56e26b5dfeaa7daed08a2af.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.490a0dfa89102cf40c2711e5c9a507d5.jpeg

• Like 3

And finally the balcony,  and the views, looking forward, aft and down.

image.thumb.jpeg.1083ef588be55e71446ab1e5b39f9bce.jpeg 

image.thumb.jpeg.51113d0d1f5effadf984f95e719b9e88.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.308b98d74dc99fa4d6465ebdb3591b59.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.23a7c31680735b27c078af6b372fb932.jpeg

You can see how wide the Oceanwalk is, from this point and heading aft you can look into deck #9 and #10 balconies and a partial view heading forward.

image.thumb.jpeg.5988e5c10d4567276a272306f98936a2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cecf540a23ef87e81716513a7925bd87.jpeg

Our balcony is right above this point.

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 3

One of my biggest disappointments is the Local. Usually in the center of the action is has been moved to the aft section of the ship. The bar area is located on the starboard side and the seating area on the port side with a very small aisle connecting them. Gone are the coveted booths and some of the seating is now located outside

Bar

image.thumb.jpeg.404706d666e2856f87ee8fc70430ecd6.jpeg

Small entrance to the seating side

image.thumb.jpeg.09f322db58975d32490ec9c8fb46f348.jpeg

I should also mention that there is a large door that leads to the outside seating which is used by the staff and passengers, it's very slow and on a cold and windy day it causes a brisk breeze thru the seating area. 

• Like 2