Vantage Deluxe World Travel - WARNING

HumbleTraveler

1 minute ago, Lexie31 said:

NightFlight: I agree.

Same here!!

On 6/8/2023 at 7:45 AM, Austinite by birth said:

All of us on summer trip got the same notification on your portfolio page.  At least we all know that our trips are cancelled so we can start making other plans.  Be positive and pray that they company is able to honor the options they gave us.

Vantage is blaming this data breach in refunds not coming through.  Does anyone actually believe they had a data breach?  Does anyone really believe they are negotiations to sell the company? 
I do not.  I think they are just stalling.  They have something that belongs to me, my hard earned money.  AND, Their customer service people need some customer service training.  

As I recall from these threads or the one on Facebook, when A&K bought Crystal Cruises, in order to get some money back you had to buy 5 more cruises, the first within 3 months of the settlement, in order to get a 20% scout on the next 5 trips.   So... if you think you are owed $20,000 by Vantage, the new buyer will require you to commit to $100,000 in new sailing to get back your $20,000.  I won't be alive or in good enough shape to go on 5 more cruises.  Nor do I necessarily have $100K to do that.  Maybe everyone here is a lot more wealthy than I am and I am glad you are, but don't assume that everyone can spend an additional $100k to get back $20K. Also, there are other forms of vacations that interest me besides cruising. 

i can sure everyone that Hank Lewis or the new buyer ris NOT going to get you any money back without spending 5X what you are owed.   The model is out there. 

With a class action suit, you might get nothing, 10% , 20% or 30% back.  And not have to deal with the Vantage.

• Like 1

Oh gosh, you must be clairvoyant to know what will be required by new owners or know that I am wealthier than you.  
Please see below for how Crystal Endeavor refunds are being handled by Royal Caribbean who bought it.   
https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Royal-Caribbean-offers-protect-Crystal-Endeavor-bookings

While the idea of Vantage remaining silent since April 29 is beyond frustrating, if in fact they are in negotiations for a sale, they will not be saying anything that will jeopardize the sale.Either there is a sale, the terms of which may or may not yield us any money or credits toward a future cruise(s) or we lose it all. At this point, we just have to wait it out. 

• Like 1

This is the article that talks about the A&K Travel Group's offer to Crystal Cruises previous clients as I mentioned about an hours ago.  

https://www.cruisehive.com/crystal-cruises-aims-to-help-guests-affected-by-former-ownership/97076 

Also, I said "maybe" everyone is wealthier than I am. That's a qualifier. That's not clairvoyant. Sorry if you are offended. 

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 9.49.30 AM.png

Exactly, according to their general counsel, Rossella Mercuri, they are in negotiations. NDAs were probably signed.  I am trying to be optimistic, I can’t let this depress me or dampen my enthusiasm for travel.  Below is the latest article I found.
https://www.boston25news.com/news/local/vantage-travel-says-its-up-sale-employees-say-theyre-not-getting-paid/ONCVISFM6BB47EP72G244HHOOE/

• Like 1

I spoke to someone in the Attorney General's office in Massachusetts ( we are MA residents) and she suggested filing a company with IC3.gov and FTC.gov because of Vantage's continued sale of NEW trips that listed summer sailings as SOLD OUT not cancelled.

A week after our cancellation to the National Parks Vantage finally acknowledged our option for a full refund and deleted the cancellation on our portfolio. We made our final payment in March and have filed a dispute with the credit card company as well as a complaint with the Attorney General. 

16 hours ago, MOssyLedge said:

As I recall from these threads or the one on Facebook, when A&K bought Crystal Cruises, in order to get some money back you had to buy 5 more cruises, the first within 3 months of the settlement, in order to get a 20% scout on the next 5 trips.   So... if you think you are owed $20,000 by Vantage, the new buyer will require you to commit to $100,000 in new sailing to get back your $20,000.  I won't be alive or in good enough shape to go on 5 more cruises.  Nor do I necessarily have $100K to do that.  Maybe everyone here is a lot more wealthy than I am and I am glad you are, but don't assume that everyone can spend an additional $100k to get back $20K. Also, there are other forms of vacations that interest me besides cruising. 

i can sure everyone that Hank Lewis or the new buyer ris NOT going to get you any money back without spending 5X what you are owed.   The model is out there. 

With a class action suit, you might get nothing, 10% , 20% or 30% back.  And not have to deal with the Vantage.

Keep in mind that the buyer of Crystal was not legally responsible for any debts of the original company and as such did not have to offer anything. They made that offer as a goodwill jesture that atleast provided some mechanism for those that lost to get something, even if it was just a discount.

I telephoned Vantage this morning after reading reports they had ceased operations on June 12th.  Chose option four - new bookings and Eric answered the phone in 30 seconds so apparently they are still willing to take consumers money.

Reached out to our state representative’s office in  Massachusetts and they promised to contact Attorney General’ s office for more information.

This was on the Facebook complaints page -

"Many of you have reported that when you call Vantage and speak with a customer service rep or a sales rep, they don't seem to know that Vantage is in financial trouble, or that two of the ships have been re positioned to France.
Let me assure you, they have to be very aware. In fact, they recently lost all benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, disability, etc. The HR Provider, 'Insperity' - Insperity Corporate Office: Contact Insperity's Corporate Headquarters, advised one employee that they have severed ties with Vantage, thus abruptly cutting off all benefits without notice. Some employees found out they no longer had insurance when picking up a prescription, or having medical procedures denied, etc. In addition, they were all afraid that last week's payroll didn't go through, as their pay was not deposited in time, and was up to 3 days late for many employees.
😧 It is troubling to hear that they will still try to sell you "an exciting trip" and take your money, especially since they do not currently accept credit cards and they know the trips may not operate. ⚠️
It is reported that Vantage also remains silent to employees, with virtually no communication from anyone on the "Leadership" team. So whereas they are most definitely aware of the current difficulties Vantage faces, they are also in the dark as far as we know, and have had no assurances that trips will operate after 8/28." ⚓️✈️⚓️🚢