Vantage Deluxe World Travel - WARNING

HumbleTraveler

On 5/24/2023 at 8:23 PM, Bohemond said:

@Roadlamp Vantage said we would be reimbursed but did not say when.

Don’t worry, “the check is in the mail.” 😉

seriously, I really feel for all that are stuck in this mess. 

Just got our cancellation notice that our trip scheduled to depart on June 29 has been cancelled due to operational disturbances. Compensation options will be forth coming in a few days.

I should have done my research on this company before booking.

7 hours ago, magnetman said:

Just got our cancellation notice that our trip scheduled to depart on June 29 has been cancelled due to operational disturbances. Compensation options will be forth coming in a few days.

I should have done my research on this company before booking.

When did you book?

4 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

When did you book?

We booked the trip March18th 2023. The trip was the Route of the Vikings.

I just received the confirmation of the cancellation and the four options that they have offered.

My Original Post has been removed and edited.  Personal Opinions have been removed or identified.  Please accept my apologies.  I guess we're all a little upset by all this.  Here is the revised post:

Hi Everyone, 

Vantage is toast.  It seems reasonable to presume that they have few if any assets to satisfy or refund requests.

I started this series on Cruise Critic when I discovered that Vantage was selling ocean travel on the Ocean Odyssey which hadn't been built yet.  Since then, much has been learned.  We didn't believe Vantage would honor most, if not all, of their river and ocean voyages, so when our "Pearls of the Dalmation Coast" was cancelled (there was no boat), we elected to transfer our funds to the "Trans-Canada Rail Adventure".  The "Rail Adventure" was scheduled to depart on July 19, 2023.  

We kept in constant contact with the Rocky Mountaineer train folks, and VIA RailCanada to confirm that our Vantage rail "adventure" was still scheduled.

One week ago, we learned from the Rocky Mountaineer that the 57 Vantage passengers on the Rocky Mountaineer portion of the trip no longer had reservations.  That was a very bad sign, as Vantage had already cancelled all the rail trips in May and June.  The excuse the Vantage used for cancelling the trip is not worth repeating.  

Yesterday, June 3, 2023, at 6:03PM we received an "Alert" from Vantage asking us to check our portfolio for the upcoming "Trans-Canada Rail Adventure."  Yes, you guessed it.  The trip was cancelled.  Their excuse was meaningless.  They listed options, including a refund, but who are we kidding.  

In my opinion, Vantage Deluxe World Travel is a FRAUD and a Ponzi Scheme.  In my opinion, their actions may even be criminal if they intentionally defrauded their customers.  The only hope is a lawsuit by one of the Attorneys General with PUNITIVE DAMAGES.  That way, we might be able recover some of our losses from the owners and directors that run Vantage.  

Good luck to all.  

• Like 2

I am brand new to this forum, a new victim of Vantage. Don’t think I have ever been so angry in my life. I do not have a good feeling about ever seeing my lost thousands and thousands of dollars. If this is not outright fraud, I don’t know what it is. To me the most absurd and despicable part is that Vantage is right NOW, still selling cruises and taking peoples money, cruises that will never happen. I live in VA but I have still contacted the MA AG. I’ve contacted my own AG as well. I have reported this to every agency that I can possibly think of. I have spoken to reporters in MA. They are totally aware of all this, but they cannot get comments from Vantage or the AG. They would love to break this story. As you may know, the phone lines at Vantage corporate are dead. What does that tell you? We sent a certified letter to Vantage at corporate. Tracking tells us it was signed for today. Awaiting our return receipt to see who signed for it. We even filed with the FBI. They are booking trips that they know they cannot run, taking payment for them, they will cancel at the last minute, and keep the money. In my opinion, HL belongs you know where. I will not give up on this as long as I am on this earth. I will continue to hound people every day to help me. I certainly hope they are brought to justice and that we get our money back. But right now there is no reason to believe that will happen. Keep at it folks.

• Like 1

I saw the piece on the news last night. I have had communication with that reporter, glad to see he is staying on it. The AG wants victims to file complaints. We have done our part. Now they need to do the right thing.

• Like 1

The Facebook page that our Host refers to about Vantage's bad behavior now has over 700 members. So many reports of cancellations that the moderator has now created a separate file within the discussion group as this Facebook site is becoming overwhelmed with these sad, and often heartbreaking, stories.