Vantage Deluxe World Travel - WARNING

HumbleTraveler

2 hours ago, ATL1234 said:

We need to get this story the national media attention it deserves, and some T.V. exposure - The Today Show, 60 Minutes, DateLine -- what other ideas?

I was surprised when I checked the website of the anti-cruise line attorney that he hadn't covered this at all.  I guess there's no money to be made suing a bankrupt company...

Mossy Ledge - he is a Moderator on the FB page I posted - Have you joined the group and private messaged him there?  Are you waiting for a refund from Vantage?  The Zoom meeting is a brainstorming session for those awaiting refunds and experiencing last minute trip cancellations.

Is it reasonable to assume that Vantage is out of business and will not be taken over by an angel between now and July 15th? 

The airfare that I booked with points, turns out to be non-refundable.  I was just told that I can change the dates without transfer fees - just pay any cost increases due to a different itinerary and new higher fares.  We don't want to go away for the 17 or 18 days that I had scheduled with my own extension in London. 

If I don't do this, I will lose my 466,271 points. 

I looked at Cruise Mapper this morning.  I saw that both the Ocean Explorer and Ocean Odyssey are moving.  Does anyone know how the new positions match with cruises that might currently be existing or are they off route?

7 minutes ago, Billybob79 said:

Go to CruiseMapper.com and enter the ship name for the current position.

I did that but I'm not sure if that matches with current cruises.  I'm hoping that someone who might be onboard or having had a trip recently scheduled/cancelled might be able to figure out if there is any correlation or if the ship is off route.  Thanks though

Ocean Odyssey was due to arrive in Monte Carlo on May 25 on a cruise leg that was to have started in Rome as “Europe’s Southern Coast”. We were booked on that cruise and it was cancelled on May 15. The ship is not on its original schedule.

I filed a claim before the trip due to my wife's broken foot. Vantage said to file with Allianz  who reviewed the claim  said I had  to go to Vantage for the monies. Now Vantage sent me a statement with a line Amount of Penalty to Claim with Alliance. $ 26,830 which is what they owe me. There documents say that Vantage will pay in cash for this type of claim.. Good luck if any of us will get any monies.

59 minutes ago, fieldagent said:

I filed a claim before the trip due to my wife's broken foot. Vantage said to file with Allianz  who reviewed the claim  said I had  to go to Vantage for the monies. Now Vantage sent me a statement with a line Amount of Penalty to Claim with Alliance. $ 26,830 which is what they owe me. There documents say that Vantage will pay in cash for this type of claim.. Good luck if any of us will get any monies.

You may be luckier than most because your wife's injury gives your claim an earlier date than the cruise cancellation.  Hoping for the best!

Why would Allianz not cover a medical problem.  they are not owned by Vantage.  Unless your payment was with vouchers and then many Insurances do not cover voucher payments.

20 minutes ago, deec said:

Why would Allianz not cover a medical problem.  they are not owned by Vantage.  Unless your payment was with vouchers and then many Insurances do not cover voucher payments.

Vantage self insures cancellation with Allianz doing the administrative paperwork. 

• Like 1

We received an email from Vantage acknowledging that we had opted for a refund for our cancelled Best of Africa tour, but we filed a dispute with the credit card company anyway as a backup as we do not believe we will see the refund anytime soon. Since Vantage cannot contest that they cancelled and that they promised a refund, we should be able to get a credit on our credit card within the applicable time frame.

• Like 1

Why is Vantage delaying telling so many customers that their trip is canceled?  Obviously, the Ocean Explorer and the Ocean Odyssey are not going anywhere soon as they are now both sailing to a docking location in Caen, France.  Furthermore, River Splendor hasn't moved and is presumably still being held by the river management company due reported non-payments from Vantage.  The Douro Serenity also canceling - again due reported vendor payment issues.  Land trips being canceled as well.  All Hurtigruten Norway trips also canceled for 2023 - again non-payment reported starting with a trip in April.  All the while Vantage is selling trips to unsuspecting consumers who don't know that most likely Vantage knows that their trip will not be operated.  How is this legal?  Obviously not ethical to not be honest with your customers.  This should be reported to the MA AG - even if you don't live in the state.  Click on File a Consumer Complaint - https://www.mass.gov/orgs/office-of-the-attorney-general

10 hours ago, ATL1234 said:

Why is Vantage delaying telling so many customers that their trip is canceled?  Obviously, the Ocean Explorer and the Ocean Odyssey are not going anywhere soon as they are now both sailing to a docking location in Caen, France.  Furthermore, River Splendor hasn't moved and is presumably still being held by the river management company due reported non-payments from Vantage.  The Douro Serenity also canceling - again due reported vendor payment issues.  Land trips being canceled as well.  All Hurtigruten Norway trips also canceled for 2023 - again non-payment reported starting with a trip in April.  All the while Vantage is selling trips to unsuspecting consumers who don't know that most likely Vantage knows that their trip will not be operated.  How is this legal?  Obviously not ethical to not be honest with your customers.  This should be reported to the MA AG - even if you don't live in the state.  Click on File a Consumer Complaint - https://www.mass.gov/orgs/office-of-the-attorney-general

I just filed a complaint with the attorney general.  Hopefully they take our complaints serious and stop Vantage from continuing to sell trips knowing that that will never happen.  

• Like 1

My Lisbon to London trip on Ocean Odyssey leaving June 5, 2023 has just been cancelled (for the 2nd time). Customer Service has always been polite but never truthful.  My attorney calls it fraud. Any advice?