Vantage Deluxe World Travel - WARNING

HumbleTraveler

Apparently, tips paid with credit card and collected by cruise directors on some South American trip were not distributed to the staff. How much more can Vantage  steal from those who deserve to get the money. This is as per a FB post. 

59 minutes ago, Lexie31 said:

Stealing from the cruise directors, about as low as you can go.

And from the crew---we didn't cruise with Vantage, but on our river cruise the waitstaff, chambermaids (I'm sure there is a more modern word), etc., worked tirelessly and always with a smile.  I can't imagine stiffing those people.

On 6/16/2023 at 4:15 PM, Lexie31 said:

I am not a FB member so if anything significant should be reported, certainly would appreciate it if we would be informed on this forum. Thanks!

I am on Facebook and have been following the Vantage issues closely.  Bottom line:  Some folks have been waiting for over three years for a refund and despite Vantage's promises, none are forthcoming.  At this point, although a few fortunately people have gotten refunds through their credit cards or banks, nobody else has much hope to ever recover their money.  It also appears that Vantage has not been paying their employees either and are confiscating any tips not paid directly to the employee in cash. Their ships are no longer in service and nobody expects the company will emerge  triumphantly and honor future cruises after this fiasco.  Unfortunately, Vantage is still trying to sell cruises to unsuspecting folks, but apparently tells them that payment by credit card is not allowed.

Thank you. Mine was through my credit union. I will give them a call, nothing to lose. Of course Vantage won’t take credit cards. They don’t want the credit card companies to come after them. What an operation.

Vantage has permanently shut down -- ceased operations.  This has just been announced on Vantage FB page.  Several employees reached out to consumer advocate to advise.  No other info at this time yet local Boston media has been advised.

Vantage has not posted anything.  Employees reached out to consumer advocate Michelle Couch Friedman to advise they have been permanently laid off and the company has ceased all operations,  This is on the Vantage Complaints FB page.  The phone number just has the standard outside hours closed message as of now.  Staff were just notified this morning in coordinated meetings.

IF, I say IF, the AG can determine that Henry Lewis used company money to pay off personal debts, they should go after his personal assets to pay us. I am sure he is still personally a very wealthy man. And here we sit.

The Massachusetts AG's office has known about this situation for a very long time.  Why are they doing nothing?   Allowing vantage to keep booking cruises and taking money from innocent unsuspecting people up until they turned off the lights is as bad as it gets.  Imagine being someone who knew nothing about the vantage shenanigans and booking and paying for a cruise YESTERDAY.  

For those of you who are not on Facebook, Michelle Couch-Friedman of Consumer Rescue posted this 3 hours ago:

"Vantage Alert:  I'm sorry to report that we've just received new from multiple Vantage employees that in a meeting this morning they were all "laid off."  This would appear to be the end of the line....I will update as soon as I know more."

22 hours ago, May617 said:

The Massachusetts AG's office has known about this situation for a very long time.  Why are they doing nothing?   Allowing vantage to keep booking cruises and taking money from innocent unsuspecting people up until they turned off the lights is as bad as it gets.  Imagine being someone who knew nothing about the vantage shenanigans and booking and paying for a cruise YESTERDAY.  

https://www.wcvb.com/article/vantage-travel-attorney-general-money-recovered-massachusetts-attorney-general/44282389

They have done a great job.  I am waiting for NY AG to do something. 

AG's in other states keep referring us back to the Massachusetts AG.  This is perplexing, frustrating, and just plain sickening that nobody is helping us.  All they will say is to file a complaint, which we have done, and someone will get back to us if there is any information to share.  And all we hear is dead silence.  

On 6/20/2023 at 11:38 AM, Lexie31 said:

Confused by your post as I do not see that on their FB page. Looks like they have not posted anything since April.

Ah...you are looking at the Vantage World Travel home page in Facebook.  The one that is delivering the real truth is the Vantage Deluxe World Travel Complaints page, which is hosted by a consumer advocate and now has over 1000 members, including current Vantage employees.  Latest news on that is that all employees were informed they were "laid off" as of yesterday and the Vantage phone lines are no longer manned....you just get a recording asking you to call back later. A very sad ending to what once was a great cruise line and one that now has left lots of folks out lots of dollars.

20 minutes ago, sharkster77 said:

1.23 million dollars recovered isn't 'nothing'.  I know you're angry, but be fair.

The problem is that the MA AG has made it clear they are only working on behalf of MA residents.  I understand that it is an allocation of resources issue, but since the company is registered in MA I would have expected them to take more responsibility for all ripped-off customers.

Let’s see, our own AG’s are refusing to help us. No matter where we live, we have all been victimized by the SAME company, which was based in Massachusetts. Duh. I say cop out on the part of the Massachusetts AG. What are we supposed to do? Just say, oh well, too bad I don’t live in Massachusetts. I don’t think so.

Waiting what happens with the NY AG.  I followed up on my “case” today & asked them to tell whoever is assigned what the MA AG accomplished.  Also said time was of the essence as PA AG has filed too.  I am hoping for a call back tomorrow.