Vantage Deluxe World Travel - WARNING

HumbleTraveler

@cruise-a-lot I see that the ship is due to arrive in Aqaba on 19 Nov! So excited for you. Please start a new thread with your info about the ship once you board. I know people have been really upset with Vantage, but let's give this new ship the publicity it deserves as it finally sets sail with passengers. Bon voyage cruisers!

Travel today especially international travel is fraught with issues.  Not only the gauntlet with the airlines and then a company that takes your money, doesn't provide the services and won't give you a refund.   If you read any reports on cruise critic concerning this company, it is apparent that they have some major issues and problems to overcome.   Let the experience of some of the poor folks on this site be a warning to others to take the time, interview and seek out a well-seasoned cruise travel agent to assist you in as many ways as they can to avoid issues such as this.  The seasoned industry agencies know the companies that are problematic and which companies to avoid.  It costs you nothing extra (some agent do charge a fee) but many do not and you pay the same exact price as you do going directly through the cruiseline.

Even if there are problems, the agent will spend the hours and hours on the phone, sending emails and trying their best to advocate on your behalf to help you with any issues.   they will typically advise to purchase 3rd party insurance which offers better protections than purchasing through the vendor.   One last thing, you will probably be supporting a small business owner in your local community.  Even though they may work for a large cruise agency, they are typically an independent contractor working to suport their family.

Buy local is true in this instance also.  Most agents are working as hard as they can to make sure that you have the trip of a lifetime.   Ok, I'm off my soapbox and good luck everyone.  I feel so bad for those that have been taken advantage of in this situation.    I wish you the best of luck in getting these matters resolved and you have either a wonderful trip or obtain a refund.   If you are fortunate enough to get your money back, go find another company that not only cares about their customers but is not having obviously delivery and the financial issues that this company is experiencing.  There are certainly some good ones out there.  You don't deserve this treatment.  

Happy for those that will sail.  I was cancelled almost 2 months ago. I’m writing writing writing and they ignore my request for a new invoice. I expect a big surprise and want to get my anxieties over

having my money for 3 years does warrant attention 

but no response. 
I’ve been very happy with the company in the field. But the paper pushers are jerks. 
sorry for unloading 

It’s official we are on the Ocean Odyssey’s inaugural voyage out of Jordan as of the Nov 17, 2022 trip.  The ship is beautiful and  food is wonderful.  We are in cabin 419 and cabin and balcony spacious.  If you have a trip booked on ocean odyssey it should make it’s voyage without fear of cancellation from this point forward.  Happy cruising all!

• Like 1

Cruise-a-lot, thanks for letting us know your cruise is underway! It is reassuring to know the Ocean Odyssey has finally begun sailing and that the ship is meeting expectations.  Enjoy your cruise! Looking forward to updates as and wifi allows.

I have a few question.

Is there a drink package?  Cost?

Can you use the spa area without charge?

Are passengers divided into groups and you stay with you same group for all excursions?

I am so glad to see Vantage up and providing adventures on what looks to be a beautiful ship.  Enjoy every minute!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 7:27 PM, ddaniel337 said:

Travel today especially international travel is fraught with issues.  Not only the gauntlet with the airlines and then a company that takes your money, doesn't provide the services and won't give you a refund.   If you read any reports on cruise critic concerning this company, it is apparent that they have some major issues and problems to overcome.   Let the experience of some of the poor folks on this site be a warning to others to take the time, interview and seek out a well-seasoned cruise travel agent to assist you in as many ways as they can to avoid issues such as this.  The seasoned industry agencies know the companies that are problematic and which companies to avoid.  It costs you nothing extra (some agent do charge a fee) but many do not and you pay the same exact price as you do going directly through the cruiseline.

Even if there are problems, the agent will spend the hours and hours on the phone, sending emails and trying their best to advocate on your behalf to help you with any issues.   they will typically advise to purchase 3rd party insurance which offers better protections than purchasing through the vendor.   One last thing, you will probably be supporting a small business owner in your local community.  Even though they may work for a large cruise agency, they are typically an independent contractor working to suport their family.

Buy local is true in this instance also.  Most agents are working as hard as they can to make sure that you have the trip of a lifetime.   Ok, I'm off my soapbox and good luck everyone.  I feel so bad for those that have been taken advantage of in this situation.    I wish you the best of luck in getting these matters resolved and you have either a wonderful trip or obtain a refund.   If you are fortunate enough to get your money back, go find another company that not only cares about their customers but is not having obviously delivery and the financial issues that this company is experiencing.  There are certainly some good ones out there.  You don't deserve this treatment.  

Vantage doesn’t commission TAs, they do direct sales. 

We are booked Singapore to Mumbai and then Mumbai to Dubai in early March.  It looks like it will happen but they refuse to give us a flight itinerary.  This is very concerning since we paid $2300 each for premium upgrades (airfare suppose to be free) and I am afraid it won't be available when they get around to it. We also booked in November of 2021 and they are currently booking at much lower fares.

Anyone out there with comments on their flights.

@TlafaaRef flights arranged by Vantage. We have preliminary flights booked (you can view them in your account) with seats for our trip in Feb. All info is showing up on the airline's website when using the record locator, even the requested seats. Vantage told me they won't finalize (purchase) the flights until 30-45 days out due to all the changes airlines are making. If you don't have preliminary flights scheduled, you should call their air choice department. I can definitely attest to that as an upcoming flight for a different trip has changed many times.  Original flight cancelled, and another booked on a different day and some changes by just a few minutes. 

We have also been one of those who were screwed out of the trip we had planned on the Ocean Odyssey. We were scheduled to leave in July on The British Isles and Scandinavian Gems trip.  In mid-June, I received an email containing a "final invoice" which I thought was strange because I had received one shortly after paying for the trip.  When I opened the "invoice", it was now for "Ports of Timeless Wonder: London, Normandy & Scand Inavian Gems" and the date was June 23, 2023. The itinerary was not to our liking and the date was also not good for us.  No prior communication was ever received by Vantage.  When we finally was able to get through to them, we were basically told, tough luck.  We requested our money back and was told they didn't "cancel" the trip.  Well, this was not the itinerary we chose and it was certainly not the date so as far as we were concerned, they did "cancel" the trip.  But, their definition is cancel is very different from everyone else.  To add insult to injury, the listed the trip as "sold out"....well if it sold out, why aren't we on it.  They knew when we booked that trip, it was not going to happen but they still took our money.  We hired a lawyer who sent letters on our behalf - nothing We contacted every possible agency; the attorney general for MA and for NY - nothing.  Consumer Affairs, BBB - nothing. I have posted about this on every board I could find and told everyone we know NEVER to take a trip with this company.  This would have been our 3rd trip with them.  The other two were river cruises and were delightful. Vantage is a SCAM, FRAUD and should not be in business.  They must have someone in MA in their back pocket to get away with such unscrupulous business practices.  STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Edited by Iluv10is
mispelling
  • Like 3

Interesting, They have removed the ability to charge from the website.  You have to call and wait on hold!  People must be challenging their credit card payments. I would never pay them with bank payment regardless of their discount.  The chat line disconnected me after telling me to call customer service.