Anybody on silver moon right now !!!!

Lvshack

31 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

And I would like to know who the HD, CD and GRM are, please.

Hello Mr Silver

We disembarked yesterday at Southampton.

Captain - Chavdar Georgiev 

Hotel Director - Daniele Franco

Cruise Director - Raphael (surname ?)

Restaurants Manager - Gilbert (don't know his surname but he's a really good guy having been with Silversea for 26 years)

Executive Chef - a rather sizeable chap named Grant - excellent, sorting out my personal dietary needs with little fuss.  

Having become disillusioned with Silversea we had not cruised on them for 8 years.

We returned this year on Dawn then this latest cruise on Moon. We love pretty much everything about these ships.  

4 hours ago, machotspur said:

Hello Mr Silver

Restaurants Manager - Gilbert (don't know his surname but he's a really good guy having been with Silversea for 26 years)

Executive Chef - a rather sizeable chap named Grant - excellent, sorting out my personal dietary needs with little fuss.  

Having become disillusioned with Silversea we had not cruised on them for 8 years.

We returned this year on Dawn then this latest cruise on Moon. We love pretty much everything about these ships.  

Thank you very much @machotspur, hope you had a great time. Gilbert is a star and Grant has a wicked sense of humour as well as being a really nice guy.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, machotspur said:

Hello Mr Silver

Hi machotspur, sorry to not have been able to meet up on board

I am afraid we did not enjoy the cruise as much as you seem to have done, in fact we were quite disappointed in the overall cruise experience

Grant did a great job overall but we were very unhappy that menus never seemed to change apart from a few items and our biggest disappointment was the La Terrazza, far too many tables in the evening now, only change a couple of items every 4 days from a menu that has been in use far too long. Grant did tell me that he tried to change the whole menu but management would not discuss  it. Daniele did entertain us in La Dame but again very disappointing, glad we did not have to pay.

We enjoyed the S.A.L.T restaurant but again the main menu the same every night the only difference being the A La Carte choice

Gilbert and Grant organized a special item for me in La Terrazza and when it was served it was all placed in soup plate by the sou chef, a disaster, the worst meal I have had in the many years of sailing with SS. They did offer to redo it the next night but I declined the offer

When we were held up due to the weather and had an extra day no extra entertainment, lectures etc., was offered. The CD was elusive but he should have organised something

The only saving grace was the incredible crew who excelled in every department

We did have an option with The Nova next Nov. but decided to leave it to see how our next couple of booked cruises with SS pan out

• Like 1

Well we are getting on the Moon in Lisbon..................at the end of March 23 😁 But we do stsy on her for 54 days.

We know that Raphael is scheduled to be the CD then but I do hope Grant is back on board then. We do like him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Among the many virtues of Cruise Critic is that it is so much not like that other social media site – that you can't even mention it here...  😉

Thank you for this Jazzbeau -  a rule that I - and presumably some others who have recently posted - were not aware of !  

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Among the many virtues of Cruise Critic is that it is so much not like that other social media site – that you can't even mention it here...  😉

Is this like the 1st rule of fight club?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agree that service is outstanding, food is inconsistent between the various venues but we’ve enjoyed Silver Note and La Dame the most, La Terrazza the least.  The pizza place was downright terrible…a mushroom pizza with canned mushrooms, yuck.  Room service food has not been great and we were not allowed to just order any dish from any restaurant, only a few options from Atlantide.  The most problematic has been the house wines, especially the whites…almost undrinkable so I don’t even bother since I’m the only white wine drinker in my group - it won’t do to order a better bottle.  I just stick with Champagne.  Even the Prosecco n La Terrazza is awful.

The ship is beautiful but I just wish the gym were bigger as it has been packed every time I’ve been.

2 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

…we’ve enjoyed Silver Note and La Dame the most, La Terrazza the least.

Thanks for your posts as they are a good reminder to me of the differences amongst opinions.  Acquaintances of ours on the voyage before yours pegged La Dame at the bottom of the barrel and Terrazza at the top.  Doubt anything has changed in 10-days other than different folks like different types of food.

• Like 6