Leave tomorrow, still don’t have luggage tags

Marie2

Hi! I can’t get my luggage tags and we leave tomorrow. Last night I checked in my edocs (including in the email sent back in August). No tags. It said tags pending when I checked my check in last night. I sent a message last night with my res number. No response this morning. I called twice. First time the email sent did not have them attached. The second time she told me she passed it on to someone and they would get them to me “in a few hours.” That was at 11am. What is the process when you get there if you don’t have tags? We are leaving Bayonne, we are driving. The last time we left out of Bayonne, I think we dropped off luggage before parking but what if I don’t have tags yet? Has this happened to anyone? I am calling again 🙄

Same here...luggage tags "pending".

I called RCCL and asked them to email our luggage tags. Got the email and attached luggage tags in about 10 minutes.

* If that doesn't work, you can simply attach a hand-written tag or ask the porter at the terminal to give you one.

• Like 2

Just check the porter at dock put the right cabin number, name, etc whatever. Then give them a few bucks and your fine. It's what we did in the stone age before printable tags. Lol. 

(But I always check the info they put. I do the same at airport with code and flight number, just in case)

• Like 1

There have been a few threads about this. The frustrating part was calling for assistance and they'd just send the same eDocs that I could download. They refused to look at it before sending to observe there was no luggage tag page.

I rarely call the D+ desk, but did and they sent me PaperBagTag.pdf almost instantly.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Marie2 said:

Hi! I can’t get my luggage tags and we leave tomorrow. What is the process when you get there if you don’t have tags? We are leaving Bayonne, we are driving. The last time we left out of Bayonne, I think we dropped off luggage before parking but what if I don’t have tags yet? Has this happened to anyone? I am calling again 🙄

Same happened to me a few weeks back. When you get to Cape Liberty, stop at the luggage drop zone prior to parking. Baggage handlers will have tags for your luggage. The tags are similar to Royal's with the 4 quadrants except in b&w. My bag was outside my cabin when access to cabins was allowed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruise4929 said:

stayed on the phone with me to confirm it was correct.

Whenever I have a TA or Royal Direct Sales Agent (the phone answerer) say they are going to email me something, I always ask, or demand depending on the attitude of the Agent) them to stay on the line until I get exactly what I asked for.

• Like 2

I had tags with the wrong cabin number after winning a Royal Up.  I printed the old tag in black and white, used part of a post-it note to write the new cabin number over the old one, and used a marker to fill in the correct quadrant of the ship.  If you have tags from another cruise, you could make it work.  I didn’t want to deal with a porter, and I am retired with not enough to do, so this might not work for you 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!! I have called a total of three times and emailed. The last lady just seemed really stressed and kept saying “due to the current situation” it will take 24-48 hours for email. I guess between the Hurricanes and their website being down they are probably getting inundated with calls. I give up and am just filling out the tags when we get there. Hopefully the process tomorrow will go smoothly and not be affected by the system being down. 🤪

5 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I had tags with the wrong cabin number after winning a Royal Up.  I printed the old tag in black and white, used part of a post-it note to write the new cabin number over the old one, and used a marker to fill in the correct quadrant of the ship.  If you have tags from another cruise, you could make it work.  I didn’t want to deal with a porter, and I am retired with not enough to do, so this might not work for you 😂

This made me think...The luggage tags are nothing special.  They seem to be color-coded by ship and floor, and of course the proper quadrant gets highlighted, but otherwise they are all the same.  For each person's cruise, they know the ship and the room number, so a simple program written in any popular web-enable script language could easily create the tags on the fly.  I have a development team that works for me who could start on this Monday morning and have people printing luggage tags before  lunch.

7 hours ago, Marie2 said:

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!! I have called a total of three times and emailed. The last lady just seemed really stressed and kept saying “due to the current situation” it will take 24-48 hours for email. I guess between the Hurricanes and their website being down they are probably getting inundated with calls. I give up and am just filling out the tags when we get there. Hopefully the process tomorrow will go smoothly and not be affected by the system being down. 🤪

The porters fill them out for you.  🙂  

• Like 1

They should provide a template with the initial reservation/invoice.  I have plastic holders for a reason and that reason is I don't like the paper ones that are easy to pull off and that includes the ones the porters give you.  I also put two on each bag.  Hopefully for our 6 Nov cruise this won't be an issue.  

Also, can you imagine the backup if the porters have to fill out every tag for every single bag?

Edited by BND
  • Haha 1

Just now, BND said:

They should provide a template with the initial reservation/invoice.  I have plastic holders for a reason and that reason is I don't like the paper ones that are easy to pull off and that includes the ones the porters give you.  I also put two on each bag.  Hopefully for our 6 Nov cruise this won't be an issue.  

Love those tags from Amazon.  Have just reordered a third set.  

Same as you.  One tag on the side, one on the top.  I don't use those ties they give you,  prefer using those indestructible zip ties instead.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Love those tags from Amazon.  Have just reordered a third set.  

Same as you.  One tag on the side, one on the top.  I don't use those ties they give you,  prefer using those indestructible zip ties instead.  

Meeeeee tooooooo. I have the custom sized ones for Royal and I have some for Carnival, which I won't be using anymore.  

The ties that come with the ones I purchased from Amazon have wire type ties, they look to be aircraft cable quality, but I doubt it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Can always just print your own on blank piece of paper in advance.  

Guarantee your hand writing is much better than the porter's.  😉 

As I was not able to access luggage tags on my recent cruise, I made my own and inserted it inside the plastic holder. At the terminal I was told my hand made tag was not permissible. I was given a luggage tag with quadrants on it, I do not recall if the employee put an X in the correct quadrant.

As for the paper tags provided being easily pulled off, it fit inside the plastic sleeve just as the RC provided paper tag printed does. It ain't rocket science.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

As I was not able to access luggage tags on my recent cruise, I made my own and inserted it inside the plastic holder. At the terminal I was told my hand made tag was not permissible. I was given a luggage tag with quadrants on it, I do not recall if the employee put an X in the correct quadrant.

As for the paper tags provided being easily pulled off, it fit inside the plastic sleeve just as the RC provided paper tag printed does. It ain't rocket science.

Having never, ever used the tags the porters use, I wouldn't know what size they were.  Don't assume.

3 hours ago, BND said:

Having never, ever used the tags the porters use, I wouldn't know what size they were.  Don't assume.

Ironic. Having never ever used them you assumed they would not fit in the protective sleeve.🤣

PS: the provided tags did not rip off during handling nor were they pulled off. Never thought of anyone pulling tags off, then again I would never consider pulling them off.

4 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Hmmm.   Interesting.   The one time I had to hand print my own luggage tag, which was totally accepted....for some miracle...we actually received our bags.  Early in fact.  😄 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Ironic. Having never ever used them you assumed they would not fit in the protective sleeve.🤣

PS: the provided tags did not rip off during handling nor were they pulled off. Never thought of anyone pulling tags off, then again I would never consider pulling them off.

You need to move on and quit taking this all so personally.  I never said I knew they wouldn't fit.  Heck, I didn't even think of it as an option.  You need to get over yourself.   I guess after 30+ cruises I wouldn't know that tags do get pulled off.  It does happen.  

Edited by BND
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Hmmm.   Interesting.   The one time I had to hand print my own luggage tag, which was totally accepted....for some miracle...we actually received our bags.  Early in fact.  😄 

I agree, strange. My hand made tags had the proper info(on both sides)but 2 employees said it was not allowed. At least the employee who provided and wrote on the tag did more than lift it into the carriage in earning their tip. Not only was my bag at my cabin when cabins opened, there was luggage with an RC printed tag as well except the cabin it belonged to was 1 deck lower.😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

You need to move on and quit taking this all so personally.  I never said I knew they wouldn't fit.  Heck, I didn't even think of it as an option.  You need to get over yourself. 

Did I offend you? I only suggested that since you had the protective sleeve you could fit the provided tag into it so it would not be pulled off. Thought I was being helpful. Cheers!