Can I just leave MDR if I don't like the food?

Kitty Ellas Mom

On 11/5/2022 at 9:49 PM, robthens said:

You have to eat everything on your plate before you are allowed to leave the dining room.

If you refuse, you are sent to time out.

For the rest of the cruise you have to order from Grub Hub.

Sorry, I could help myself

When we did an outback tour of Australia, we were given the opportunity if you want to call it that of trying Witchetty grubs.  This is a link to the Wikipedia description of Witchetty grubs - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchetty_grub.  Also a copy of description of these critters 

"The witchetty grub (also spelled witchety grub or witjuti grub[1]) is a term used in Australia for the large, white, wood-eating larvae of several moths. In particular, it applies to the larvae of the cossid moth Endoxyla leucomochla, which feeds on the roots of the witchetty bush (after which the grubs are named) that is widespread throughout the Northern Territory and also typically found in parts of Western Australia and South Australia,[2] although it is also found elsewhere throughout Australia."

"Are witchetty grubs safe to eat?

Witchetty grubs are traditionally eaten live and raw. Their meat is rich in protein and makes for a highly nutritious snack if you're tramping through the bush. Raw witchetties have a subtle, slightly sweet flavour and a liquid centre. Barbecued, witchetties are often eaten as an appetizer."

I passed on that opportunity.

DON

On 11/6/2022 at 12:49 AM, robthens said:

You have to eat everything on your plate before you are allowed to leave the dining room.

If you refuse, you are sent to time out.

For the rest of the cruise you have to order from Grub Hub.

Sorry, I could help myself

They just charge you for what's left on the plate. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 9:27 AM, navybankerteacher said:

And they save it to give you for breakfast the next morning.

No, you actually have to sit there until you eat it.   If you go to the MDR in the morning, you can see people who didn't eat their okra or chicken livers, asleep at the table.  If you still refuse to eat it the next morning, you are publicly scolded and sent to your cabin without breakfast.  

That's why I ALWAYS eat what is put in front of me.  Even okra....and chicken livers.  I'm terrified of Stuart the Stern Steward.  

4 minutes ago, GrannyJ said:

No, you actually have to sit there until you eat it.   If you go to the MDR in the morning, you can see people who didn't eat their okra or chicken livers, asleep at the table.  If you still refuse to eat it the next morning, you are publicly scolded and sent to your cabin without breakfast.  

That's why I ALWAYS eat what is put in front of me.  Even okra....and chicken livers.  I'm terrified of Stuart the Stern Steward.  

And, if one persists they might find that okra and liver in their Christmas stockings!  

• 2 weeks later...