Glass Block Delivery...

watcher_62

RCI has supply issues.  They told my mother they would mail her platinum lapel pin.  This was weeks ago.  I still don't understand why the C&A employee on my recent cruise couldn't give me my mother's pin even though my mother wasn't on the cruise since we'd earned it the cruise before and hadn't received it.  The employee had a bag of pins and would have saved postage and been good customer service.

43 minutes ago, moposh said:

RCI has supply issues.  They told my mother they would mail her platinum lapel pin.  This was weeks ago.  I still don't understand why the C&A employee on my recent cruise couldn't give me my mother's pin even though my mother wasn't on the cruise since we'd earned it the cruise before and hadn't received it.  The employee had a bag of pins and would have saved postage and been good customer service.

My D+ pin is still in the package it came in.  😄

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

My D+ pin is still in the package it came in.  😄

Yeah, I doubt I'll wear it, but we still want it!!!!  😁  Gotta admit, I was a little disappointed when I saw it.  Don't know what I was expecting, but maybe something a little fancier.  

Edited by moposh

This thread quite intrigued me; I knew the blocks existed, but never looked into it, as I thought they were issued to C&A members with huge totals, like 500+ or something,  so I was surprised to see you earn one at 140. (That, in itself,  is odd, falling somewhere  between Diamond and Diamond +). Still,  we'll get on on our next RCL cruise- it can go on the shelf in the downstairs  cloakroom with this one:

20221001_153543.jpg

3 hours ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

This thread quite intrigued me; I knew the blocks existed, but never looked into it, as I thought they were issued to C&A members with huge totals, like 500+ or something,  so I was surprised to see you earn one at 140. (That, in itself,  is odd, falling somewhere  between Diamond and Diamond +). Still,  we'll get on on our next RCL cruise- it can go on the shelf in the downstairs  cloakroom with this one:

20221001_153543.jpg

Did you win a chicken dinner?  😉

On 9/26/2022 at 2:28 PM, watcher_62 said:

So we just received a Mariner block for our 280 that happened last April. Still waiting on our Odyssey for our 210...

We’re still waiting for Odyssey 280 from April too. I don’t understand how they decide who gets them. You would think the longer one waits they would be next, but that doesn’t appear to be how it works unfortunately.

On 10/11/2022 at 4:21 PM, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re still waiting for Odyssey 280 from April too. I don’t understand how they decide who gets them. You would think the longer one waits they would be next, but that doesn’t appear to be how it works unfortunately.

I think, and I don't remember where I heard this, but the Loyalty Ambassador on each ship, or someone in that group, files reports with the home office and sends the data back to the home office periodically that Crown and Anchor uses.   It seems like the bigger ships have more data and sends their data in more often.   I have observed that the points from my last cruise SEEM to show up faster from some cruises than others.  /end conjecture

19 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I think, and I don't remember where I heard this, but the Loyalty Ambassador on each ship, or someone in that group, files reports with the home office and sends the data back to the home office periodically that Crown and Anchor uses.   It seems like the bigger ships have more data and sends their data in more often.   I have observed that the points from my last cruise SEEM to show up faster from some cruises than others.  /end conjecture

It's all automated off your reservation number.  Neither the LA or anyone on board has to send anything to Miami for you to get your points. 

On 10/11/2022 at 8:56 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

It's all automated off your reservation number.  Neither the LA or anyone on board has to send anything to Miami for you to get your points. 

That would make sense now,  previously I had thought they waited to get to get the check in/out information from the ship.

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not possible. Sorry. Too many have received none.

Edited by fredmdcruisers
Error

On 10/10/2022 at 1:40 PM, Aquahound said:

I'm at the same points as you and I just recently got my first block.  From what I can tell, I missed my first 2 due to changes in the points system that put me past the milestones.  For the heck of it, I reached out to C&A to see if I could get the past blocks, but they never responded.

Call and ask.  I called last month about a missing block for our 280 point cruise in 2019 and they sent it to me.  

On 10/9/2022 at 4:51 PM, njkruzer said:

Happens automatically.  With they've had to be shipped this year they left a form to complete with mailing address.  Starts at 170 pts, then each 70 pts after.  Get the one for the ship earned on.

Starts at 140 and then every 70 points after that.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

But still wondering out of curiosity how they decide who gets blocks and in what order.  From what I’ve seen here and the other social page, some people have received their blocks for cruises taken well after others who are waiting for that same ship. RC seems to not know how it’s done because I’ve asked a few times!

The logic on how to do it seems so easy. First in, First out.  But we all know how the IT is on Royal. It seems they just have all who are waiting in a big bucket and just pull out random names like in a raffle.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

But still wondering out of curiosity how they decide who gets blocks and in what order.  From what I’ve seen here and the other social page, some people have received their blocks for cruises taken well after others who are waiting for that same ship. RC seems to not know how it’s done because I’ve asked a few times!

The logic on how to do it seems so easy. First in, First out.  But we all know how the IT is on Royal. It seems they just have all who are waiting in a big bucket and just pull out random names like in a raffle.

No idea on the block thing.  That has to be a nightmare to manage.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:32 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

My understanding is that it’s ship-dependent. There was one point where l read they were going to discontinue the program, until guests complained. As a result, some of the newer ships, such as Odyssey, did not immediately begin producing the glass blocks, thus resulting in a backlog. Just reiterating what I have read previously. However, that would explain why some are getting their blocks from the older ships prior to those who are waiting for blocks from Odyssey and Wonder, for example. I imagine some of the older ships ran out of stock as well, then did not reorder when they thought the program would be discontinued. 

On 10/10/2022 at 3:00 PM, Jimmy_g88 said:

Went on Jewel this past summer and received our blocks this week. I have 3 spare Jewel blocks not sure if anyone would like to swap for a different one?

I have a Symphony and Oasis to trade.

50 minutes ago, DrDani226 said:

My understanding is that it’s ship-dependent. There was one point where l read they were going to discontinue the program, until guests complained. As a result, some of the newer ships, such as Odyssey, did not immediately begin producing the glass blocks, thus resulting in a backlog. Just reiterating what I have read previously. However, that would explain why some are getting their blocks from the older ships prior to those who are waiting for blocks from Odyssey and Wonder, for example. I imagine some of the older ships ran out of stock as well, then did not reorder when they thought the program would be discontinued. 

that would make sense except there are people that have been waiting since 2021 and haven’t received their Odyssey block and the couple we cruised with in April 2022 got there Odyssey block  awhile ago, while we haven’t received ours. 

It appears to me that they just throw all names in a drum and names are pulled out like in the lottery..silly I know but that’s what it looks like.

it’s an easy change to make….send them by date! 

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

that would make sense except there are people that have been waiting since 2021 and haven’t received their Odyssey block and the couple we cruised with in April 2022 got there Odyssey block  awhile ago, while we haven’t received ours. 

It appears to me that they just throw all names in a drum and names are pulled out like in the lottery..silly I know but that’s what it looks like.

it’s an easy change to make….send them by date! 

You’re right. That doesn’t make sense at all. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...