Bring Soda on Board

LvBlueWater

No only water in cans or cartons. 

"Revised Policy effective June 1st, 2021

"Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other use except as follows:

"Guests 21 years and older may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle (max 750 ml in volume or less). Limitations apply. Wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused...

"Items such as sodas, energy drinks or other non-alcoholic items are not allowed on board in any form. Plastic water bottles are not allowed. However, an allowance of six liters, twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 ml in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less) of water are allowed per stateroom.  Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed onboard. Water in plastic bottles will not be allowed onboard in any quantity, including in ports of call. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

• Thanks 1

No plastic bottles, but there are several reports here on CC of 12 pack cans going thru without a problem.  Soda is made with water!

I'm trying in October out of Vancouver, but if they stop/toss/confiscate them at security no big loss!  On Princess I usually slap on a luggage tag, and they've always made it to the cabin.

We bring chips and popcorn onboard too...

Edited by HUNKY

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

No only water in cans or cartons. 

"Revised Policy effective June 1st, 2021

"Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other use except as follows:

"Guests 21 years and older may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle (max 750 ml in volume or less). Limitations apply. Wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused...

"Items such as sodas, energy drinks or other non-alcoholic items are not allowed on board in any form. Plastic water bottles are not allowed. However, an allowance of six liters, twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 ml in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less) of water are allowed per stateroom.  Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed onboard. Water in plastic bottles will not be allowed onboard in any quantity, including in ports of call. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

Hmm the prices have gone up  bringing    our own wine  .  Thus 2 bottles cost $40  & we buy the 2 buck chuck  at Trader  Joes   .This is really funny   but ,wines aboard are also much higher these days   with inflation 

18 hours ago, LvBlueWater said:

Hello. Cruising on the Rotterdam in December.  Just seeing if I can bring a 12 pack of soda on board and check like my luggage?  
I believe we used to be able to do this, but wasn’t sure if still allowed? 
thank you 

About the closest you can bring on, staying within HAL's rules, is a 12-pack of sparkling water per cabin.  We brought on La Croix sparkling water last time and passed through no problem.  They x-rayed the case and had us show them what it was and they said that's fine.  I saw a number of confiscated plastic bottle 12-packs and soda packs on the confiscation table next to the machine though. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Our glass bottled still water was Panna. Our canned bottled water was I believe called Open water. You can also get sparkling Perrier and Pellegrino. 

If the Open Water brand cans they are serving are still the 16 ounce versions, they are screw tops.  You can refill them at the Lido or with tap water.  They fit nicely into the mini fridge and cool faster than glass bottles.

• Like 1