Does hotel package include transfers from the airport to the hotel?

MomC

Yes, transfers are included from the airport to your hotel. In our experience, it has always been a private car transfer to the hotel and typically a small bus to the ship. The driver holding a Oceania sign meets you at the exit after you have collected your luggage. You will be told what time to be in the lobby for the transfer to the ship by the Oceania representative at your hotel. Oceania website: https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005374333-Are-transfers-included-if-I-book-a-Hotel-or-Land-package- 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MomC said:

We are not usingOceania’s air, but are using their hotel package.  I’m sure it includes transfers from the hotel to the ship, but will it provide transfers for us from the airport to the hotel?

Since you are not using O air  I would  ask  to be sure you still get the transfers

Most people that take the hotel package  I think just use the air provided 

Generally  the hotel package include transfer  airport to hotel then hotel to ship for pre cruises packages

JMO

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Since you are not using O air  I would  ask  to be sure you still get the transfers

Most people that take the hotel package  I think just use the air provided 

Generally  the hotel package include transfer  airport to hotel then hotel to ship for pre cruises packages

JMO

From personal experience and Oceania's website transfers from airport to hotel are included per link included above - quote: Transfers from the airport to hotel and hotel to ship are included if you book a Pre hotel or land package and transfers from ship to hotel and hotel to airport are included if you book a Post hotel or land package.

20 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

From personal experience and Oceania's website transfers from airport to hotel are included per link included above - quote: Transfers from the airport to hotel and hotel to ship are included if you book a Pre hotel or land package and transfers from ship to hotel and hotel to airport are included if you book a Post hotel or land package.

Then I guess  they are included   & no need to use Oceania air 

We have only done the hotel package once   but did take their air  as part of the deal

2 hours ago, MomC said:

We are not usingOceania’s air, but are using their hotel package.  I’m sure it includes transfers from the hotel to the ship, but will it provide transfers for us from the airport to the hotel?

Are you purchasing a pre-cruise hotel package from the cruise line because you want the cruise line to handle your transfers?  I guess it depends on where you will be and what you and your travel companions are comfortable with, but some of us see no real benefit in booking a pre-cruise hotel through the cruse line (and paying a lot more than you should).  In many cases, it is perfectly possible to book a pre-cruise on your own (even at the same hotel the cruise line is using), pay for your own private transfer (instead of chartered busses), and come ahead in terms of the cost.

Of course there might be a very good reason you are still going to go with the pre-cruise hotel package from the cruise line.

This is our first time to use the cruise line’s hotel package.  We have always done it on our own, BUT my husband is 90 and needs my help so I will pay to have someone else take care of the details.  We have reached that point in our cruising where the ship is our destination and we don’t even get off.  If we were sailing in any other part of the world but the Caribbean where we have been to maybe 25 times, and if we were still able to snorkel and swim in the ocean, we would get off.  Heck, I am happy to just eat and drink and play trivia, sleep late and get breakfast in bed.😄

• Like 3

We did it in Copenhagen and transfers were included this past summer.  An Oceania/NCL/Regent agent was located just before the luggage carousels.  She arranged a limo driver to take us to the hotel.  Even more important, our luggage did not make the short hop from Paris, and she worked with us to file the missing luggage report on the spot.  We received the two bags the next day, mind in the morning and Wife's in the evening.

Just did this on my Greek cruise. I take my own air always but booked the hotel an extra night as I was doing the pre cruise tour through Oceania. There were 2 people at the airport to meet me, one the driver, and one the Oceania rep. They had a sign with my name on it when I came out of baggage claim. It was a nice car and driver. Should be the same for you. Julia

11 hours ago, jwindham said:

Just did this on my Greek cruise. I take my own air always but booked the hotel an extra night as I was doing the pre cruise tour through Oceania. There were 2 people at the airport to meet me, one the driver, and one the Oceania rep. They had a sign with my name on it when I came out of baggage claim. It was a nice car and driver. Should be the same for you. Julia

That begins to explain why the room is so expensive. 

• Like 1