Sky Suite on Reflection

NHCRUISIN

Was in a SS on the Reflection in March and loved it!    

It seems the Reflection's SS balconies are bigger than what I see on the Apex (booked for next year) but there is no retreat deck as Chezmarylou mentioned.   We found the un-refurbished Michael's Club dark and gloomy so never went. 

However, Luminae was fantastic and nicely laid out.   Plus we have yet to find a better waiter than Alfred!     

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Luminae was fantastic and nicely laid out.   Plus we have yet to find a better waiter than Alfred!     

We are sailing Reflection in February, 2023.  Will certainly look for Alfred!

• Like 2

The E Class suite experience is overall a step above S class, IMO. Reflection does not have the suite sundeck, Michael's Club is very dark and a bit dated. Cabins aren't as fresh looking as on the E class just due to the ships age. If you happen to depart from Fort Lauderdale and can't use T25, you miss out on the new terminal experience, although you may only be there briefly.

If none of that stuff matters to you, Reflection is priced significantly lower than E class suites on similar itineraries. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Any news on when Reflection might be getting its refurbishment?  This would address a lot of the issues with the lack of a Retreat area. However, searched online and can't seem to find any definite dry dock date.

There is a 2 week gap between Oct 17 and Oct 31. The hull will get the blue paint and the normal refresh of carpets, furnishings, etc. but it will definitely not come out looking fully-Revolutionized like Silhouette or Equinox. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There is a 2 week gap between Oct 17 and Oct 31. The hull will get the blue paint and the normal refresh of carpets, furnishings, etc. but it will definitely not come out looking fully-Revolutionized like Silhouette or Equinox. 

Would like to think soft goods will be replaced, but haven't seen anything official on that.  Something on an X conference call?

We were treated to this style of refresh for Constellation's restart, and really did make a difference.  Lots of small interior maintenance issues were dealt with concurrently.

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

Would like to think soft goods will be replaced, but haven't seen anything official on that.  Something on an X conference call?

We were treated to this style of refresh for Constellation's restart, and really did make a difference.  Lots of small interior maintenance issues were dealt with concurrently.

I'm not sure. We were onboard in early September and they crew didn't really know. I can't imagine they would replace items that would be swapped out if/when they do a full Revolution style refresh but that may be years away at this point. Our balcony furniture was in pretty rough shape and there was some noticeable wear on carpets, chairs, etc. that you just typically don't see on Celebrity. 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I'm not sure. We were onboard in early September and they crew didn't really know.

It's just that you mentioned "The hull will get the blue paint and the normal refresh of carpets, furnishings, etc." which really isn't normal for every dry dock visit.  I'm sure they already had all of the new soft goods warehoused in Cadiz for Constellation since it was just about to be Revolutionized when the shutdown occurred, but Reflection was scheduled for the Revolution a fair bit down the road. 

Perhaps since it may now be quite some time until that happens, they're spending some scarce $ on interim measures, but again, I had not heard anyone from X using the word "will" so far.  One can hope!  Would be fun to be the first pax to stand on our new RS carpet again twice in a year.

4 hours ago, NHCRUISIN said:

We have been on the Apex and Edge in a Sky Suite the last couple of years and loved it. Looking to book a Sunset Sky Suite on Reflection, how do these rooms and the Retreat amenities compare to the Edge class in general ?

One of the differences with Michael's Club vs the Retreat Lounge on E class ships is the lack of continuous snacks in a mini buffet setup as in the Retreat Lounges on E-class ships.When we were on the Reflection in March it was an ordeal to get any snacks at 6:45 pre-dinner. It was the wonderful bartender Cranston who personally brought a cheese plate every night for me for my aperitivo. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

We were in a Sky Suite on the Reflection in August and she was in really great shape I had a conversation with one of the senior officers and he told me the 2 week October maintenance will be for only routine maintenance, hull and keel paining and some soft goods replacement. He also said that as of now Celebrity has made no decisions on when or if the remaining non revolutionized ships will be revolutionized before 2024 or 2025. We actually enjoyed Michaels and had no problems with the furnishings. On the non-E class Revolutionized ships the Retreat sun deck are not great, no bars or water features.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We were in a Sky Suite on the Reflection in August and she was in really great shape I had a conversation with one of the senior officers and he told me the 2 week October maintenance will be for only routine maintenance, hull and keel paining and some soft goods replacement. He also said that as of now Celebrity has made no decisions on when or if the remaining non revolutionized ships will be revolutionized before 2024 or 2025. We actually enjoyed Michaels and had no problems with the furnishings. On the non-E class Revolutionized ships the Retreat sun deck are not great, no bars or water features.

While I appreciate your comments, I'm having a hard time believing that a ship that's ten years old and has not had any major refurbishment is still in "great shape"? I was considering a cruise on the Reflection for the 2023 European season, but I'm not sure I want to pay the price they're charging for a ship that hasn't seen any upgrades.  This would push me into choosing a newer E class ship, even if the itinerary is not as interesting.

One of the things we like best about the Solstice class vs the Edge Class Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge is the ability to sit at the bar and have a discussion with the bartender.  We did a B2B on Reflection last December and loved the conversations we had with Cranston.  He was simply a fountain of knowledge. 

We then sailed on the Silhouette and found the Retreat Lounge differences to be minor but distinct.  We missed the large wall of refrigerators on Reflection most of all.  Having to bend over and get a can of soda or bottle of water from the low refrigerators was not to my liking.  

We did like the fact that there were snacks available in the Lounge, although we did not often take advantage of them.  

I thought it interesting that the Retreat Concierge on Silhouette had a podium rather than a desk.  It was nice to be able ot sit down when working with the Concierge on something that took a few minutes rather than having to stand the entire time at the podium.  When we sailed on Edge the Concierge there also had a podium vs desk so I guess that is the direction that Celebrity is going. 

Bottom line, I cannot say one is better than the other but I can say the Michael's Club felt warmer and more comfortable to us.  

Our next sailing is on Millelinum and will be our first time on that class and looking forward to how that experience will compare with our Solstice and Edge class experiences. 

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

While I appreciate your comments, I'm having a hard time believing that a ship that's ten years old and has not had any major refurbishment is still in "great shape"? I was considering a cruise on the Reflection for the 2023 European season, but I'm not sure I want to pay the price they're charging for a ship that hasn't seen any upgrades.  This would push me into choosing a newer E class ship, even if the itinerary is not as interesting.

She was updated and refurbished in 2017, not Revolutionized, and did not sail most of 2020 and 2021, so she is in really good shape and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.  So, I stand by my comments. I also prefer Michael's Club over the newer Retreat Lounge in the Equinox, much more comfortable furnishings and quieter. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 3

im interested in if anyone's been in the reflection suite.  thats a bucket suite for me  once my money printer gets filled with ink.  cheapest ive seen is about 9k and i do wish it was easier to see all the pricing of just the suite not to have to look at each trip. 

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

One of the differences with Michael's Club vs the Retreat Lounge on E class ships is the lack of continuous snacks in a mini buffet setup as in the Retreat Lounges on E-class ships.When we were on the Reflection in March it was an ordeal to get any snacks at 6:45 pre-dinner. It was the wonderful bartender Cranston who personally brought a cheese plate every night for me for my aperitivo. 

Cranston is what makes that bar special.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

She was updated and refurbished in 2017, not Revolutionized, and did not sail most of 2020 and 2021, so she is in really good shape and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.  So, I stand by my comments. I also prefer Michael's Club over the newer Retreat Lounge in the Equinox, much more comfortable furnishings and quieter. 

Good to know.  As long as the 2017 updated included new beds, carpeting, etc., rather than just a coat of paint?  I saw some earlier comments on here that the furnishings weren't that great.  Apart from the lack of a revolutionized Retreat area, this would change my opinion on whether to choose her for a sailing or not.  Thanks.

On 9/28/2022 at 9:09 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

The E Class suite experience is overall a step above S class, IMO. Reflection does not have the suite sundeck, Michael's Club is very dark and a bit dated. Cabins aren't as fresh looking as on the E class just due to the ships age. If you happen to depart from Fort Lauderdale and can't use T25, you miss out on the new terminal experience, although you may only be there briefly.

If none of that stuff matters to you, Reflection is priced significantly lower than E class suites on similar itineraries. 

I agree. Loved the Reflection but love  love the E class.