Most C & A Points​❓​

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Wonder what one gets for most loyalty points on RCI vs NCL vs CCL vs all other cruise lines? Does one get their own office on pool deck?  Free internet?  Free drink package? Free unlimited dining package? 

All Pinns (700+ points) get free Voom Surf & Stream on RCI.

The people with the most loyalty points on an RCI sailing, get a bottle of champagne, a certificate, and a photo with senior staff.  Just going by what I see at the Top tier event; there may be something else that's behind the scenes.

Edited by Another_Critic

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Well maybe one day if I live long enough I'll get to join your club -- keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

When did you start cruising? I'm afraid I have a long way to go....🛳️

2005 on RCI...much earlier on other lines.  Usually one or two cruises a year...then ramped up when we retired 14 years ago.  Covid shut us down one cruise away from Pinnie for two years.  😞 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Diamond =. 4 free drinks a day, free photo , discount on balcony and above cabins 

Diamond plus = 5 free drinks a day , discount on balcony and above . Photo other stuff.

Tks -- I know the perks for RCI was curious what the other cruise lines offered for their equivalent of Pinn since the Super M thread was quickly deleted -- no idea why. 

• Like 1

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

Tks -- I know the perks for RCI was curious what the other cruise lines offered for their equivalent of Pinn since the Super M thread was quickly deleted -- no idea why. 

That was actually the reason we became more loyal to Royal...since the loyalty program was better than other lines...IMHO.   

But that said, I have other cruise lines booked over the next few years.  Royal does not do river cruises.  😉 

Just now, island lady said:

That was actually the reason we became more loyal to Royal...since the loyalty program was better than other lines...IMHO.   

But that said, I have other cruise lines booked over the next few years.  Royal does not do river cruises.  😉 

I would love to do river cruises here in the US and in Europe. I'm glad Viking is now doing Mississippi cruises. While I was in Mackinac Island, Michigan this past Spring, I saw an American cruise line sailing the Great Lakes -- would love to do that one day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

All Pinns (700+ points) get free Voom Surf & Stream on RCI.

The people with the most loyalty points on an RCI sailing, get a bottle of champagne, a certificate, and a photo with senior staff.  Just going by what I see at the Top tier event; there may be something else that's behind the scenes.

I have 1 point to go to get to next level and will cruise in 2023. On the 2023 cruise will I move into next level automatically? Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Wait, what?  Royal Caribbean gives perks?  How could I have missed that thread?

HA! I guess someone pushed the envelope. Never understood why some totally innocuous threads like tipping, dress code, chair hogs and super m threads get deleted. What's the harm? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

You will move to the next level on the cruise after you earned that new level.

Yes and as discussed before on another thread, why is it that on some cruise lines you get that new level automatically on the current cruise and not have to wait like RCI until the next cruise to benefit? 

Okay the answer is all cruise lines do things differently but I think RCI should revisit this policy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes and as discussed before on another thread, why is it that on some cruise lines you get that new level automatically on the current cruise and not have to wait like RCI until the next cruise to benefit? 

Okay the answer is all cruise lines do things differently but I think RCI should revisit this policy. 

It makes sense from a cruiseline bottom line.  No benes on the earned cruise and another booking for the benefits.  Or people squeezing in a short cruise to earn benefits for a planned longer cruise.

Edited by Another_Critic

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

It makes sense from a cruiseline bottom line.  No benes on the earned cruise and another booking for the benefits.  Or people squeezing in a short cruise to earn benefits for a planned longer cruise.

Yes those are good points. The anticipation of the higher level makes for some crazy decisions. LOL 🙃

45 minutes ago, fair-winds39 said:

I have 1 point to go to get to next level and will cruise in 2023. On the 2023 cruise will I move into next level automatically? Thank you.

The only level that RCL will recognize a status change while onboard is D+ to Pinnacle, and even for that change you won’t get the benefits until your next cruise. You will be recognized at the top tier party, receive a certificate, a picture with top officers (usually the Hotel Director and the Captain), and a bottle of champagne.

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The only level that RCL will recognize a status change while onboard is D+ to Pinnacle, and even for that change you won’t get the benefits until your next cruise. You will be recognized at the top tier party, receive a certificate, a picture with top officers (usually the Hotel Director and the Captain), and a bottle of champagne.

Good to know. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm 101 years old. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fair-winds39 said:

You are not officially the next level until the completion of that cruise...no matter if you are one or 30 points away.   Once cruise is over, you will see your new level about 5-8 days later.  

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

I would love to do river cruises here in the US and in Europe. I'm glad Viking is now doing Mississippi cruises. While I was in Mackinac Island, Michigan this past Spring, I saw an American cruise line sailing the Great Lakes -- would love to do that one day. 

American cruise lines is on our radar as well.  I think we will do the Columbia river on that one.  Have Viking booked (and prepaid as they demand) for 3 week European river cruise Sept. next year, and have just booked two weeks on Pearl Seas for St. Lawrence Seaway cruise...but intend on cancelling it when Viking releases their 2024 cruising on that route.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

American cruise lines is on our radar as well.  I think we will do the Columbia river on that one.  Have Viking booked (and prepaid as they demand) for 3 week European river cruise Sept. next year, and have just booked two weeks on Pearl Seas for St. Lawrence Seaway cruise...but intend on cancelling it when Viking releases their 2024 cruising on that route.  

Good to know - thanks for the info. Might see you on the river one of these days...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Too much of a nightmare would be created for the already overworked LA (which is tough to be the only one on each ship) to have to redo everyone's level.  Everyone turns the next level on a cruise.  

I never had a problem waiting for official next level......which made that next cruise that much sweeter as I always say.  🙂 

Points on a flight are not awarded until after the flight is completed either.  😉