Most C & A Points​❓​

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

The only level that RCL will recognize a status change while onboard is D+ to Pinnacle, and even for that change you won’t get the benefits until your next cruise. You will be recognized at the top tier party, receive a certificate, a picture with top officers (usually the Hotel Director and the Captain), and a bottle of champagne.

Yup.  😉  But the champagne (cheap bubbly) went to our head waiter.  😄 

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Good to know - thanks for the info. Might see you on the river one of these days...

I think we are going to start switching to river cruises more and more in the future.  Always something interesting to see as you slide along the banks.  😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

but I think RCI should revisit this policy. 

Yes, for sure.  It's not like they're giving away the bank or anything.  Depending on the level, it's a drink or two, a day of this, that, or the other thing, priority reservations at the trash dump or something like that.  

But, it's their business and they have the right to run it as they see fit.  But, we have the right to complain about it.

Just now, Ret MP said:

Yes, for sure.  It's not like they're giving away the bank or anything.  Depending on the level, it's a drink or two, a day of this, that, or the other thing, priority reservations at the trash dump or something like that.  

But, it's their business and they have the right to run it as they see fit.  But, we have the right to complain about it.

True, their ships -- their rules.  I agree with you, a few drinks is not like giving away the farm. It would go a long way in customer satisfaction if they did like other cruise lines and awarded the status when you actually earn it. Having to wait for the next cruise is not what most cruisers want, but I can see their dollars and cents way of looking at it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

It makes sense from a cruiseline bottom line.  No benes on the earned cruise and another booking for the benefits.  Or people squeezing in a short cruise to earn benefits for a planned longer cruise.

We squeezed in a cruise at the end of 2019 so we would be D+ for our upcoming TA and Baltic cruise. Covid ruined that. Squeezing in an additional cruise in February to make the next tier before a March cruise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We squeezed in a cruise at the end of 2019 so we would be D+ for our upcoming TA and Baltic cruise. Covid ruined that. Squeezing in an additional cruise in February to make the next tier before a March cruise. 

I have to squeeze in a LOT of cruises to make the next tier.  Although I am looking to squeeze in a cheap cruise to get to 340 (aka D++) for the reduced solo supplement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Too much of a nightmare would be created for the already overworked LA (which is tough to be the only one on each ship) to have to redo everyone's level.  Everyone turns the next level on a cruise.  

I never had a problem waiting for official next level......which made that next cruise that much sweeter as I always say.  🙂 

Points on a flight are not awarded until after the flight is completed either.  😉 

Almost everyone in line to see the LA was there because their messenger didnt talk to their group, or the group could talk to him but he couldn't answer, or if he tried to set up it wanted to charge him again, or the group should be 5 people. Lol.

I think having her desk in front of the computers made people think she was in charge of internet issues. I was the only person with a loyalty issue in line. My amenity gift. She insisted it says one thing, diamond said no it says something else. They keep trying to bring me a bottle of champagne. Almost everyone else on day 1 had messenger issues. She doesnt seem particularly good at loyalty issues or mine would be fixed. 

Carnival perks I think are the worst. Even with at 25, 50, 75 etc .. at 25 cruises 25% obc of the cruisefare as obc. My friend is getting his next month on a 6k 2 week cruise in a balcony. 

• Like 1