A couple of quick questions before we board the Pacific Encounter

Sparky74

We are just home from our 23 night transpacific on Carnival Splendor preceded by a 7 night Alaskan cruise on HAL's Eurodam. Tomorrow we drive to Brisbane for a 3 night comedy cruise B2B with 10 nights to PNG. 

There’s a load in the washing machine as I type and once it’s dry we'll repack our bags. BUT

1. Does the Pacific Encounter have self service laundries. If so, how much per load?

2. If not, how exorbitant is it to send washing to the laundry for them to do it?

3. Does P&O (Australia) do formal nights?

Thanks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

We are just home from our 23 night transpacific on Carnival Splendor preceded by a 7 night Alaskan cruise on HAL's Eurodam. Tomorrow we drive to Brisbane for a 3 night comedy cruise B2B with 10 nights to PNG. 

There’s a load in the washing machine as I type and once it’s dry we'll repack our bags. BUT

1. Does the Pacific Encounter have self service laundries. If so, how much per load?

2. If not, how exorbitant is it to send washing to the laundry for them to do it?

Thanks.  

Welcome back mate. I just got off the Encounter on Saturday but I didn't do laundry. But yes there were laundrettes there. We were on Deck 12 and there was a laundrette there. Yes we had a Formal Night, Gatsby,  Bianco and Back to School. But our was a 7 nighter. 

IMG_20220924_092723_243~2.jpg

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

Welcome back mate. I just got off the Encounter on Saturday but I didn't do laundry. But yes there were laundrettes there. Yes we had a Formal Night, Gatsby,  Bianco and Back to School. But our was a 7 nighter. 

IMG_20220924_092723_243~2.jpg

Formal night on P and O Straya, shorts, t shirts and thongs? Lol. Bogansville on the sea, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Thanks.  

If you have the time, the self serve laundries are much more economical than having them laundered/dry cleaned/pressed by the ship laundry. Been so long since we used a P&O self-serve, so don't know how much it costs per load. It has never been an expensive exercise.

Being on a 3 nighter, the laundries should be pretty quiet.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Mark I give up. Sorry, turning off notifications for this topic. If one can't be helpful and answer his question, just scroll on by. And yes I did dress up on formal night.

P1140024.JPG

Very nice.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Mark I give up. Sorry, turning off notifications for this topic. If one can't be helpful and answer his question, just scroll on by. And yes I did dress up on formal night.

P1140024.JPG

Looking gorgeous 🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

P1140024.JPG

Lovely photo m'lady. I apologise for going off track re advice to Sparky Marky.  I will pull my head in.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

P1140024.JPG

Looking lovely 😍 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

P1140024.JPG

All these lovely responses, and you have your notifications turned off. I agree with those above, you look great. 

While they now call them "cocktail" or "Gatsby" nights, there is still the option of making an effort, and a large number of passengers still do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

All these lovely responses, and you have your notifications turned off. I agree with those above, you look great. 

While they now call them "cocktail" or "Gatsby" nights, there is still the option of making an effort, and a large number of passengers still do.

On our P&O cruise at the end of August, they had a night that was described as 'formal'. Nothing special happened - no drinks party or anything else. Pre-COVID, they had a 'cocktail night'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yeah Geoff..

safari-suit-1970s-fashion-GettyImages-506173899_770-720x379.jpg.9b57ab1a0407952252c3a55a51db5af4.jpg

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I saw part of a P&O ship cruise past Kirribilli this afternoon.  Was that the Explorer?  It was cruising towards the Harbour Bridge.  

Adventure.

Explorer sailed out, and Adventure sailed in, crossing at Fort Denison. A few minutes ago, Carnival Splendor sailed out too.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:54 PM, NSWP said:

Formal night on P and O Straya, shorts, t shirts and thongs? Lol. Bogansville on the sea, lol.

Dora had more people dressed than Coral , and they stay up later than 10 : 15 pm .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2022 at 5:14 PM, Sparky74 said:

Thanks.  

They had special during our 8 day cruise last week, 10 items in the supplied bag for $20.

On 10/2/2022 at 4:20 PM, arxcards said:

1372926584_expadv.thumb.jpg.84af98f77cad05d7040da4fef7faf5c8.jpg

Thank you  What a great photo.  I only saw back half of the ship at the back of the photo,  from the Ensemble Theatre in Kirribilli.  It was a thrill to see the big ship cruising along.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you  What a great photo.  I only saw back half of the ship at the back of the photo,  from the Ensemble Theatre in Kirribilli.  It was a thrill to see the big ship cruising along.  

When I saw the picture, I realised the angle would have likely blocked Explorer from view.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:00 PM, CDaze71 said:

P1140024.JPG

You look really lovely and relaxed.  I too can live without the judgement for cruising with P&O.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1