Oceania Club Membership

WESTEAST

8 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Question re moving from one Oceania Club Membership level to another: do you have to complete your 10th cruise to attain Silver benefits or, do you receive Silver benefits on your 10th cruise?  Thanks.

On your 10th cruise.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WESTEAST said:

Question re moving from one Oceania Club Membership level to another: do you have to complete your 10th cruise to attain Silver benefits or, do you receive Silver benefits on your 10th cruise?  Thanks.

you get them when you step foot on the ship for the 10th cruise  😉

• Like 2

Yes...Oceania is very good in this regard.  Most cruise lines will not "graduate" you into the next tier of their loyalty program, until you are on your next cruise.  Even if you achieve the required 'credits' on the first day of your cruise.

My first time on an Oceania ship was on the 2019 ATW.  I was given "Gold" status right from the get-go, along with all the perks...:classic_cool:

• Like 4

Does anyone know what is the "COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE OF OCEANIA CLUB PRIVATE LABEL WINE" that Bronze and up Oceania Club members get?

Is it the same bottle for every Oceania Club member on board, or is it a random selection of a set selection? 

If it is a random selection, does anyone know what the options are and if we could switch if we get one that we don't like?

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

Does anyone know what is the "COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE OF OCEANIA CLUB PRIVATE LABEL WINE" that Bronze and up Oceania Club members get?

Is it the same bottle for every Oceania Club member on board, or is it a random selection of a set selection? 

If it is a random selection, does anyone know what the options are and if we could switch if we get one that we don't like?

Thanks! 

It is a Chilean wine, Casa Vides. On our last cruise, we received their Sauvignon Blanc. In past, we had their Cabernet Sauvignon. We've exchanged the Cabernet for the Sauvignon Blanc and also exchanged Oceania's Champagne in our room for the Casa Vides white with no problem. We are Bronze level so can't answer for other Membership Levels. 

• Thanks 1

On our recent B2B on Regatta we had the Cyclo, which is labeled especially for the Oceania Club. On the second one we got the Casa Vides. As we've had the Cyclo before we requested to exchange it for some sparkling wine. We got Monopole blue top, I think we came out ahead. On the second one I drank it a couple of different nights in the restaurant. As far as changing it goes, that will depend on your room attendant or butler. Some will, some either won't go to the effort or don't understand how. 

Bottom line is the complimentary wine is really nothing to get excited about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've never had a problem with exchanging wine or champagne.  At times, we have brought the bottle to be exchanged to the Maitre d' at the GDR when it is quiet (before breakfast or lunch ends) and they exchanged it quickly (wouldn't try this during a busy time).

2 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

We've never had a problem with exchanging wine or champagne.  At times, we have brought the bottle to be exchanged to the Maitre d' at the GDR when it is quiet (before breakfast or lunch ends) and they exchanged it quickly (wouldn't try this during a busy time).

What did you exchange it for ?

A wine of your choice  or the Oceania brand?

Our understanding is that you can only exchange for the O Club selection of red or white wine and the complimentary bottle of champagne (Concierge and above suites). If you don't drink wine one can always gift the cabin staff who may appreciate sharing on their day off. 😊

6 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Our understanding is that you can only exchange for the O Club selection of red or white wine and the complimentary bottle of champagne (Concierge and above suites). If you don't drink wine one can always gift the cabin staff who may appreciate sharing on their day off. 😊

We have only exchanged the Champagne for wine before   unless we are sailing with friends who will help us drink the  whole bottle  😉

On 10/3/2022 at 2:26 PM, LHT28 said:

you get them when you step foot on the ship for the 10th cruise  😉

Because you've already paid for it and have absolutely no chance of getting your money back, so you may as well get the credit for it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jonthomas said:

We dont drink wine, can we exchange it for something else?...lol

We brought our bottles of bubbly to be shared at the group trivia dinner on one of our last days. Since it was a gift from O, there is no corkage charge.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

Because you've already paid for it and have absolutely no chance of getting your money back, so you may as well get the credit for it.

Well it does not work that way

if you do not make it to the ship  NO CREDIT

Been there  done that 😉

• Like 1

I forgot whether it was on Oceania or NCL, but since I don't drink, I asked to exchange the comp bottle of sparkling wine placed in my cabin for just a bottle of water, and guess what?   

Correct...I was denied.   Doesn't say much for the value of the comp wine, does it?😉

• Haha 1

In the early days of Oceania I ran into a high school classmate on board.  They'd been delayed due to a flight cancellation (and Oceania was of no help in getting them to the ship.) We left from Dover but they didn't arrive on board until we were in Oslo.  My classmate and her husband were both recovering alcoholics.  The ship gave them a bottle of champagne as an apology for their problems in getting to the ship.  (They'd been using O's air from Southern California.)

When they asked for a non-alcoholic bottle they were denied.

Yes, this was many years ago but it does sound like that is still the policy.

Mura

I don't know for sure, but I assume they are very strict with inventory control and accounting, and they have certain inventory allocated for 'comp' distribution, and not anything else.  Perhaps in the grand scheme of things, they should not be so rigid, and give ship management more latitude in such matters...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I forgot whether it was on Oceania or NCL, but since I don't drink, I asked to exchange the comp bottle of sparkling wine placed in my cabin for just a bottle of water, and guess what?   

Correct...I was denied.   Doesn't say much for the value of the comp wine, does it?😉

When we were onboard in 2019  bottled water was free  so not sure if it was O why they could not  accommodate you

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

When we were onboard in 2019  bottled water was free  so not sure if it was O why they could not  accommodate you

Right...I had forgotten.   So it must have been on NCL, or some other line I sailed on.  Several give me comp bubbly in the cabin on embarkation day.