Designer jeans - restaurants and chic nights

socktaco

The celebrity website says designer jeans and elegant top are ok for evening chic, and i presume that means in specialty restauants too. How often are ladies showing up in nice jeans and elegant tops? Really what i want to know is whether i will feel out of place if i do, and i know that's a really vague and subjective question. But im travelling solo and have reserved a specialty restaurant by myself which is a bit of a personal challenge and im interested in everyones thoughts and experiences.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We wear dark jeans to dinner almost every night, including evening Chic nights and specialty dining. 

No issues whatsoever and no one will even bat an eye. 

Same for us. No problem at all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

And no baseball hats

Funny, there were quite a few men wearing shorts, t shirts and baseball caps in the MDR each night on our Summit cruise that ended Monday.  No one seemed to care.

Sherri🙂

14 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Funny, there were quite a few men wearing shorts, t shirts and baseball caps in the MDR each night on our Summit cruise that ended Monday.  No one seemed to care.

Sherri🙂

I guarantee some people cared. 

And a few probably even complained to their maitre d'. (I have seen more than one older person or couple throw their napkins down in disgust and leave in the middle of dinner when someone in shorts walked in)

The crew, however, would be very unlikely to say anything because it honestly doesn't effect them as long as the person isn't being disruptive to the dining process.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

You’ll be fine, but too hot for me, especially in the Caribbean

I make a concerted effort to not wear pants on vacation, so I'm right there with ya

16 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

DW and I wear sandals every night.  Socks on chic nights.

Like...sandals and socks? Fashion faux pas! 

44 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

And no baseball hats

But what if my team is in the World Series? I mean, I'm a Cubs fan, so I won't have to worry about it again until like 2094, but I want to be prepared. 

Edited by Zach1213
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, socktaco said:

The celebrity website says designer jeans and elegant top are ok for evening chic, and i presume that means in specialty restauants too. How often are ladies showing up in nice jeans and elegant tops? Really what i want to know is whether i will feel out of place if i do, and i know that's a really vague and subjective question. But im travelling solo and have reserved a specialty restaurant by myself which is a bit of a personal challenge and im interested in everyones thoughts and experiences.

I wear my Lucky jeans plus a nice top and high heels every time for chic night.  I save my ball gowns and husband's tux for work soirees. 

19 hours ago, socktaco said:

I've worn jeans and a dressy top several times as evening chic dinner outfits(most recently on a 10 night cruise this past May/early June) with zero issues, and you won't feel out of place at all.

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

Didn't notice. The cruise was a great cruise. Met a lot of nice people. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Didn't notice. The cruise was a great cruise. Met a lot of nice people. 

I noticed but doesn’t bother me.  My opinion is people can wear what they want unless the crew tells them no.  It was a great cruise, only negative is my husband came home sick with covid but he is doing well today.  

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, JCruise85 said:

I guarantee some people cared. 

And a few probably even complained to their maitre d'. (I have seen more than one older person or couple throw their napkins down in disgust and leave in the middle of dinner when someone in shorts walked in)

The crew, however, would be very unlikely to say anything because it honestly doesn't effect them as long as the person isn't being disruptive to the dining process.

That seems rather rude to throw one’s napkin down and stalk out.   And I can’t imagine complaining to staff about others dress, I really don’t care.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I noticed but doesn’t bother me.  My opinion is people can wear what they want unless the crew tells them no.  It was a great cruise, only negative is my husband came home sick with covid but he is doing well today.  

Sherri🙂

Agree.

Bummer. We were very disappointed in the large number of people that would walk past the many hand sanitizer stations at the different venues without using them. Something the staff should have started enforcing all along and especially after the Capt. announced the face mask requirement the last couple days of the cruise!! 

We were disappointed that the CC wasn't holding the evening CC HH in the Sky Lounge like they did pre shut down. 

22 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

How funny, you gave me flashbacks.  I can remember when "designer jeans" became a thing in the 70's - Gloria Vanderbilt, Jordache IIRC - who are the "names" now?  Before that Lee, Levis and Wranglers were the only jeans around.

Any company that puts their names on their jeans. 

22 hours ago, broker1217 said:

What qualifies as designer jeans currently?

But you will be fine in the specialty restaurants with jeans with a nice top and good shoes.

I would not wear jeans, t-shirt and sneakers but they would not turn you away.

I want to know the same.   I have well worn jeans that are faded with holes in them.  I could always take a razor and cut more.  They also have paint, plaster, grout, grass stains and grease spots on them as I use them for doing work around the house 

To me they are one of a kind designer jeans.   I am the designer.  I made the holes and and applied the unique design with different medias.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, miched said:

I want to know the same.   I have well worn jeans that are faded with holes in them.  I could always take a razor and cut more.  They also have paint, plaster, grout, grass stains and grease spots on them as I use them for doing work around the house 

To me they are one of a kind designer jeans.   I am the designer.  I made the holes and and applied the unique design with different medias.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Do you mean like these? They’re sold out, but were $630. I think if Celebrity actually knew what designer jeans looked like these days, they might change their wording, lol.

7C78D0C8-A981-4088-A075-D7F89DDEA23C.jpeg

Edited by sunviking90
  • Haha 3