Royal Suite "Unlimited" Specialty Dining

Plato123

Does this include the Chef's Table in Murano or the Veuve Cliquot event in Murano?
I think I read somewhere here that Sushi On Five is unlimited from the à la carte menu too.  Any information on restrictions or limits  would be appreciated.

We have a RS in December so we are starting to plan out our cruise dining.

22 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

Does this include the Chef's Table in Murano or the Veuve Cliquot event in Murano?
I think I read somewhere here that Sushi On Five is unlimited from the à la carte menu too.  Any information on restrictions or limits  would be appreciated.

We have a RS in December so we are starting to plan out our cruise dining.

No.    Does not include the Chef's Table or Chef B's Dinner or Veuve Cliquot.     You can dine in Murano the same evening but would have the regular menu.   Sushi on Five is included with the RS no limits even though al la carte.     I honestly don't know about the upcharges for the special cuts of Beef in tuscan and the Steak place on Edge Class.    Generally the only bill we get is the Wine if we purchase wine by the bottle.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, peanut head said:

No to Chef's Table and Veuve Cliquot.  Yes to Sushi on 5.  Yes to gelato (that was a bonus answer).

I'm going to have to try the Gelato -  didn't know but to be honest I've never even order the free ones with cc menu.   I always mean to but never gotten around to it.

• Like 1

Highly recommend the Veuve Cliquot dining experience if you have some ObC to burn. As I recall, and admittedly it’s fuzzy, it was an amazing meal. Drink flowed all evening. I also recommend HUM “Wingman” to help you with any residual impact of the experience.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

You will love it sounds like you are on a solstice class , Tuscan is also fantastic and has a amazing ocean view . Suite restaurant Luminae is also great . You will get notified by concierge and you can make any reservations, I normally eat my first lunch and dinner in Luminae. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I honestly don't know about the upcharges for the special cuts of Beef in tuscan and the Steak place on Edge Class.    Generally the only bill we get is the Wine if we purchase wine by the bottle.

While I can't speak to S-class ships, I was charged the incremental amount for a better steak in Tuscan Grill on Millie.  I imagine it's the same fleet-wide. I found it odd that I could stuff my face full of unlimited sushi as often as I wanted, but was charged $15 for the higher-end steak.  Not a big deal, just a little odd.

1 minute ago, Whinenowine said:

While I can't speak to S-class ships, I was charged the incremental amount for a better steak in Tuscan Grill on Millie.  I imagine it's the same fleet-wide. I found it odd that I could stuff my face full of unlimited sushi as often as I wanted, but was charged $15 for the higher-end steak.  Not a big deal, just a little odd.

Same experience, though I was plowing through the sashimi vs. sushi.  I assume the theory at Sushi on 5 is that you could finish $35 worth, leave, turn right back around and sit down and start ordering again, so they just let you go until you say "uncle".

8 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

I'm curious if you found the $15 higher end steak to be a higher end steak / worth it (although I think the term worth is subjective)?

Rephrase - was it good enough that you would order it again.

Edited by Team Stag

8 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

It’s about 50/50 for us. Sometimes we have been charged the incremental amount and sometimes not. I have a feeling that it’s a matter of different servers doing things maybe to try to get a better tip or not wanting to do the extra work to charge.  I don’t say anything and just pay if they do charge. I bet they are supposed to charge. 

7 hours ago, Team Stag said:

I'm curious if you found the $15 higher end steak to be a higher end steak / worth it (although I think the term worth is subjective)?

Rephrase - was it good enough that you would order it again.

No, not really. I think it WAS better, but only marginally.  However if memory serves, it was slightly larger too.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Thanks... I had assumed they would charge the surcharge.   We are not big eaters and often try to get 1/2 portions instead of some of the larger portions.     

I read somewhere of the fantastic fresh Wasabi prepared table side in Sushi on 5 and a rather high surcharge.   Do you know if that is included?

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

I read somewhere of the fantastic fresh Wasabi prepared table side in Sushi on 5 and a rather high surcharge.   Do you know if that is included?

Sadly, I never thought to try it since I really didn't appreciate what it was they were actually offering until recently.  Won't bypass it next time.   Will report back on both experience and cost after I run a sashimi raid on Reflection in a couple of weeks.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sadly, I never thought to try it since I really didn't appreciate what it was they were actually offering until recently.  Won't bypass it next time.   Will report back on both experience and cost after I run a sashimi raid on Reflection in a couple of weeks.

Oh, truly, you *must* do the fresh wasabi!!!  I can't wait to hear your take on it...

9 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Oh, truly, you *must* do the fresh wasabi!!!  I can't wait to hear your take on it...

Oh, I know!  I was first introduced to it in Japan (many dozens of trips - almost like 2nd home) as a garnish for fish.  Very different experience from the green stuff they serve with/in sushi and with sashimi.  I was told it had to be prepared (grated) at the table because the flavor changes quickly.  Evidently a lot of the 'good stuff' in it is pretty volatile.

For some reason, looking at the Sushi on 5 menu, I didn't pick up that that was what they were serving.

• Like 1