Is Club Class worth it ?

Shippy

I have a chance to bid on a club class upgrade. Is it worth it ?

I hear the main benefit is the dining. How much better are the menu choices ?

Love to hear from someone who has had club class before.

Would you pay the extra to book that again ?

thanks

Just back from Sky in M1 (club class) cabin.  Menu is identical to standard dining and they add one dish a day.  The extra dish is nothing special, it's just another dish....I don't think my wife or I ordered the special any night (14 night cruise).  The "advantage" was that we really could dine anytime with zero wait.  That's worth something, but not the $'s princess asks for club class....we won't book club class again.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

That's worth something, but not the $'s princess asks for club class....we won't book club class again.

But, the op is asking about bidding for an upgrade,  not paying the full price.

I think the better cabin location, and the dining arrangements are worth paying extra for - the key question is how much extra are they worth.

Personally, on a bidding system. I would bid about $100 pp for a 14 day cruise.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But, the op is asking about bidding for an upgrade,  not paying the full price.

I think the better cabin location, and the dining arrangements are worth paying extra for - the key question is how much extra are they worth.

Personally, on a bidding system. I would bid about $100 pp for a 14 day cruise.

$100...why not.  Cabin locationi....a MA has the identical location and is a lot cheaper, if you care about location.

27 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

$100...why not.  Cabin locationi....a MA has the identical location and is a lot cheaper, if you care about location.

Just for reference....the minimum bid for our 7 day is $89.00pp

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Shippy said:

It depends on what your current cabin costs and it's location.  If I wanted to be center ship and to try club class...(so two reasons to bid), I might go to $150 a person or even $200 if you are way forward or aft now. We paid the full upgrade from MA to M1 just to try it on our last cruise....but as I said, we wouldn't do that again for the full price.

I was in "club class" on a different cruise line, and just as with Princess it gave me access to the club class lounge.  I thought I would be in there frequently but this was not the case for me.

It was nice and quiet, offered small food items and concierge service.  But I would forget to go there 🙂

What is that worth to you?

2 minutes ago, Fish42 said:

I was in "club class" on a different cruise line, and just as with Princess it gave me access to the club class lounge.  I thought I would be in there frequently but this was not the case for me.

It was nice and quiet, offered small food items and concierge service.  But I would forget to go there 🙂

Club class lounge????

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I wouldn't pay that much for seven days.  I'd rather spend the money on three specialty restaurant meals.

• Like 2

We were not club class but got seated in that part of the restaurant a couple of times when the other areas were overwhelmingly busy and it was not.

The orange juice at breakfast was much nicer. The extra choice of dish was nothing particularly special.

There were also queues at the club class side some nights so not even guaranteed an immediate table but probably quicker than the other queues. Whether that is worth the extra cost is down to individual patience.

13 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We were not club class but got seated in that part of the restaurant a couple of times when the other areas were overwhelmingly busy and it was not.

The orange juice at breakfast was much nicer. The extra choice of dish was nothing particularly special.

There were also queues at the club class side some nights so not even guaranteed an immediate table but probably quicker than the other queues. Whether that is worth the extra cost is down to individual patience.

On our last cruise, we never had to wait to be seated in the cc dining room for dinner. Same area each night, same waiters. However,  we ate at European dining times (8 pm plus) not US dining times, which might make a difference. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

On our last cruise, we never had to wait to be seated in the cc dining room for dinner. Same area each night, same waiters. However,  we ate at European dining times (8 pm plus) not US dining times, which might make a difference. 

The cruise I was on in May was perhaps not indicative Wozz. As you may remember the ship was stuffed full and short of staff  so the service generally was poor (to the extent that we got a FCC for part of it).

It does however show that even in cc there can be queues if you are on just the wrong cruise which would be annoying if you had paid significantly more.

25 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Club class lounge????

I'm not exactly sure I understand your question.  Here is the club class lounge on the Royal Princess on Deck 14.  Ironically it is placed between the wedding chapel and the laundry.

image.png.2a9c77600b9b6214accfce1b7e625fb6.png

3 minutes ago, Fish42 said:

I'm not exactly sure I understand your question.  Here is the club class lounge on the Royal Princess on Deck 14.  Ironically it is placed between the wedding chapel and the laundry.

image.png.2a9c77600b9b6214accfce1b7e625fb6.png

The concierge lounge is only for those in full suites it has nothing to do with Club Class.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The cruise I was on in May was perhaps not indicative Wozz. As you may remember the ship was stuffed full and short of staff  so the service generally was poor (to the extent that we got a FCC for part of it).

It does however show that even in cc there can be queues if you are on just the wrong cruise which would be annoying if you had paid significantly more.

You are correct. It obviously will vary from ship to ship. We experienced no staff issues on Regal at the end of May. I certainly would have been annoyed if I had to wait for cc dining.

We will only book Club Class or higher cabins when we cruise with Princess, mainly because of CC Dining. We are low stress cruisers and thoroughly enjoy being seated as soon as we arrive and usually finish eating within the hour so we can make it to the early evening show and get a good seat. But in answer to your question IMHO, if you want to be treated a little extra special, then book a cabin that includes CC dining.  

• Like 5

I think the service is better in CC.  I have never waited for a table.  Generally, I was able to get the same wait staff.  Some of the e tra dishes are very good like the lobster risotto.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Level six said:

Does club class include Sabatinis for breakfast, or is that just suites? IF it includes breakfast, it would be worth it

No, but you can use the cc dining area for breakfast, with a better level of service,  imho, than in the MDR.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fish42 said:

That sounds like a full suite. Club Class doesn't have a lounge or a concierge.