Is Club Class worth it ?

Shippy

Thank you for all the replies.

Remember the $178 total would be the MINIMUM bid.

I was really hoping that the dinner menu would be much upgraded but it does not really sound like that.

Our cruise leaves in less than a month. San Francisco round trip. Apparently not a very popular cruise.

I just went on an internet site to count the available cabins.

I stopped at a little over 200 & still had many categories to go....So that tells me we will not have much of a wait, if any for dinner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shippy said:

I just went on an internet site to count the available cabins.

I stopped at a little over 200 & still had many categories to go....So that tells me we will not have much of a wait, if any for dinner

Which means nothing, as it does not take into account "guarantee" cabins. ie passengers who have booked a cabin grade, but who, as yet,  have not been allocated a specific cabin.

50 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Which means nothing, as it does not take into account "guarantee" cabins. ie passengers who have booked a cabin grade, but who, as yet,  have not been allocated a specific cabin.

I think it means a lot...if I had counted all the categories it probably would have been 300.

AND only 3 1/2 weeks to go !

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

We were not club class but got seated in that part of the restaurant a couple of times when the other areas were overwhelmingly busy and it was not.

The orange juice at breakfast was much nicer. The extra choice of dish was nothing particularly special.

There were also queues at the club class side some nights so not even guaranteed an immediate table but probably quicker than the other queues. Whether that is worth the extra cost is down to individual patience.

I’m glad someone else agrees that at certain times you can find yourself sat in the CC dining area, as we often were. I don’t think any one believed me 🤦‍♂️

We were not club class but got seated in that part of the restaurant a couple of times when the other areas were overwhelmingly busy and it was not.

The orange juice at breakfast was much nicer. The extra choice of dish was nothing particularly special.

There were also queues at the club class side some nights so not even guaranteed an immediate table but probably quicker than the other queues. Whether that is worth the extra cost is down to individual patience.

Edited by devonuk
Glitch

Edited by devonuk
Glitch

Edited by devonuk
Glitch

Just now, devonuk said:

I’m glad someone else agrees that at certain times you can find yourself sat in the CC dining area, as we often were. I don’t think any one believed me 🤦‍♂️

Yes absolutely we were seated there several times. I think the the queues on our cruise were so bad they had to do something.

• Like 1

We cruise club class nd for the most part the food and service are outstanding   Have never waited more than a minute or 2 to be seated except maybe for the first night when they need to check everyone’s medallions and turn away people who try to skip the lines at the “regular” entrance. Some of the “extra” dishes are excellent and even better than dishes in specialty restaurants 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes absolutely we were seated there several times. I think the the queues on our cruise were so bad they had to do something.

5 minutes ago, devonuk said:

If I might ask if you remember, about what timeframe did you arrive at the CC dining when there was a queue? We would always get there when it opened, so we never had an issue. But we did notice the CC dining area would start getting pretty busy by 6:30 or so, about the time we were leaving.

1 hour ago, tcdcruiser said:

As an option to CC consider the cost of specialty dining every night vs the upgrade cost of CC.

To each his own, but I've never understood this line of thinking. Since Sabatini's doesn't appeal to us, we'd be staring at the same Crown Grill menu night after night.

I'd rather eat in Club Class every night than specialty dining. While I like the service and quick seating in CC, I wouldn't go more than $100 pp for that upgrade. 

Jim

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I think it means a lot...if I had counted all the categories it probably would have been 300.

AND only 3 1/2 weeks to go !

So, even if all empty, only 600 pax, so cruise will be over 75% full !

30 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask if you remember, about what timeframe did you arrive at the CC dining when there was a queue? We would always get there when it opened, so we never had an issue. But we did notice the CC dining area would start getting pretty busy by 6:30 or so, about the time we were leaving.

Around 7.30 to 8pm.

• Thanks 1

We just got off Enchanted yesterday. We always book a CC cabin and have never regretted it. On Enchanted this week the CC staff was tremendous. We never had to wait, and we arrived at the dining room at about 6pm each evening. We were always greeted by name and taken to our table for four. After the first evening, they brought us our drinks of choice unless we asked for something different. We had the same folks taking care of us each morning for breakfast, and ordering off the menu was not a problem. 

Want fresh strawberries? You got it. More of the peppercorn sauce for the steak? You got it. We saw passengers who did not want to wait in the long lines for the MDR turned away repeatedly. I suppose some would call it snob appeal, but we love the service, the personal attention, and the ambiance of the quieter dining area. We were travelling with a couple who had their first CC experience and they have now booked two more.

As someone else said, I would rather eat in CC than pay extra for the repeat dinners at the Crowne Grill.

• Like 6

I agree with everything in the above post.  Club Class is becoming more popular and I found no CC cabins available on several cruises.  After our first CC experience, it is the only category we consider.  We just got off the Sapphire and CC service was outstanding--thanks to head waiter, Petros and waiters, Dan and Aaron.  

• Like 4

DH will be happy to hear about the orange juice.  We are doing CC for the first time next month, hoping to avoid the long lines and confusion at the MDR.  We almost always book mini suites, so this seemed like a logical thing to do (especially since it's financed by FCC.) 🙂

4 hours ago, devonuk said:

We believe you...as we were once seated there too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kay S said:

DH will be happy to hear about the orange juice.  We are doing CC for the first time next month, hoping to avoid the long lines and confusion at the MDR.  We almost always book mini suites, so this seemed like a logical thing to do (especially since it's financed by FCC.) 🙂

Is there an uncharge for the OJ?  I thought I had heard that it is available most places but there is an uncharge?

We got to eat in Club Class once when booked in a full suite. They had an extra menu item or two each meal. We ordered a few of them. I don't remember what they were. We had to wait once for a table when joining four others for dinner. Club Class isn't great if you like to share a table with others. You have to make arrangements to show up at the same time, and there are not a lot of large tables in it.

11 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Is there an uncharge for the OJ?  I thought I had heard that it is available most places but there is an uncharge?

I think it's complimentary at breakfast everywhere on the ship.