Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Not heard that and in the main people are pretty much all wearing masks. If we are in close proximity to people than we pop one on, but if not beat anyone we just carry with us and don’t put on. I appreciate it’s a very varied topic.

Yes varied topic indeed and to each his own I think it’s a bit premature if there is any truth to it and of course people can still wear masks if they choose

Cheers Carole

• Like 2

Just now, Elorac123 said:

Yes varied topic indeed and to each his own I think it’s a bit premature if there is any truth to it and of course people can still wear masks if they choose

Cheers Carole

Definitely. The government are the ones enforcing the cruising rules, which they have dropped for all other forms of transport I think including flying. Just super cautious re ships. I especially appreciate masks when someone has a cough or cold symptoms to save them coughing all over other people. 😩😩😩

• Like 3

Just now, Cbtours said:

Definitely. The government are the ones enforcing the cruising rules, which they have dropped for all other forms of transport I think including flying. Just super cautious re ships. I especially appreciate masks when someone has a cough or cold symptoms to save them coughing all over other people. 😩😩😩

Unfortunately I've noticed on the last few cruises that the ones doing the serious coughing are the ones who aren't wearing masks, especially in the theatre and Universe Lounge. 🤬

• Like 2

I won't be very happy if they change the mask rules at this stage of a 28 day cruise. Although you get a certain amount of protection from wearing a mask yourself to avoid breathing in any virus-laden aerosol droplets it is more important that masks are worn to avoid transmitting the virus especially as you can be infectious before developing symptoms.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We had to wear masks on busses when I left and on planes but they were being removed.  All theatres have signs to wear masks. It common sense because everyone sits close at the theatre.

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I won't be very happy if they change the mask rules at this stage of a 28 day cruise. Although you get a certain amount of protection from wearing a mask yourself to avoid breathing in any virus-laden aerosol droplets it is more important that masks are worn to avoid transmitting the virus especially as you can be infectious before developing symptoms.

I get the feeling that people are preferring to wear them on board . It doesn’t feel like it’s just because it’s recommended 

35 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Unfortunately I've noticed on the last few cruises that the ones doing the serious coughing are the ones who aren't wearing masks, especially in the theatre and Universe Lounge. 🤬

We haven’t gone to either of those yet this cruise. But I wouldn’t want to be around those displaying any kind of symptom of anything respiratory 😩😩😩

19 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I get the feeling that people are preferring to wear them on board . It doesn’t feel like it’s just because it’s recommended 

I think it is common sense unless you are outside in the fresh air.  I've been attending the theatre and there is always someone nearby coughing.  The type of coughing that starts with a tickle and won't stop.  I reach in my purse for a cough lolly and they stop.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

Just read on another platform that a crew member has said the masks will be off very soon by both crew and passengers,,anyone heard this.

Cheers Carole

There are social media "influencers" out there driving the no-mask debate, as it is hard to get a good selfie for your blog when you have a mask on 😉

It is heading that way for passengers within the next couple of months, but the crew might need protection a little bit longer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, arxcards said:

There are social media "influencers" out there driving the no-mask debate, as it is hard to get a good selfie for your blog when you have a mask on 😉

It is heading that way for passengers within the next couple of months, but the crew might need protection a little bit longer.

I hate selfies at the best of time so hiding behind a mask in photos actually suits me heh

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Could be a disaster Julie, the yanks are saying from 27 Oct, no masks, crew and pax.  Surely our governments Aus and Nz should keep the mask mandate on the ships.

• Like 1

Just now, NSWP said:

Could be a disaster Julie, the yanks are saying from 27 Oct, no masks, crew and pax.  Surely our governments Aus and Nz should keep the mask mandate on the ships.

I hope so. It would be sensible to leave the mask mandate in place until after the summer season here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

What next No vaccinations

Cheers Carole

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've just left Brisbane, heading for Cairns via Willis Island.

Let me guess where you are Julie and Rolf…the best bar, Good spirits..enjoy..🍸

Edited by NSWP