Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Just keep up the good work with masks at the theatre in particular.  Not many people wearing masks in Parramatta, except at Drs Chemists etc.

We're very careful with masks. Even if they made them optional on the ship we'd still wear them.

• Like 5

On 10/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, MMDown Under said:

Just keep up the good work with masks at the theatre in particular.  Not many people wearing masks in Parramatta, except at Drs Chemists etc.

The same here on the Sunshine Coast crowded shopping centres no 😷 masks to be seen.

Cheers Carole

On 10/21/2022 at 7:45 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're very careful with masks. Even if they made them optional on the ship we'd still wear them.

We are on Majestic, very few masks at all worn, not even in the Theatre, lifts  or tenders. We are wearing them as we have some more cruising to do shortly. Very interesting also, that no RAT test results were required at check in.

Just now, MMDown Under said:

What is the current situation re your ship getting into Broome tomorrow?  I have my fingers crossed for you!

As far as I know we're still going there. At the moment we're scenic cruising through some very interesting islands, a couple of which are being mined extensively for iron ore. Despite the mining scars in places it's a very beautiful region.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

As far as I know we're still going there. At the moment we're scenic cruising through some very interesting islands, a couple of which are being mined extensively for iron ore. Despite the mining scars in places it's a very beautiful region.

Yes it is a very popular region for small ship cruising, with passengers exploring further afield in smaller boats.  

We're having some serious soot issues on this cruise. We notice it particularly in the Sanctuary, which is aft on this ship. Oddly enough I didn't notice it on previous cruises. I'm wondering if it has to do with the speed we have been travelling at over the past few days - slower than usual cruising speed.

Unfortunately we've also had some land on our balcony. Luckily I brought some stain remover with me as I got some soot on my white linen pants from sitting on the balcony. I'm waiting to get them back from the laundry. Hopefully the soot stains will be gone.

• Like 1

Just now, BuzzBuzzen said:

Which dining room has club class dining and does it have a sign or something ? Thank you.

It's the Bordeaux dining room on deck 5. Enter through the right-hand doors, where the sign is, and walk down the slight slope curving right to the Club Class entrance. You can't miss it.

• Like 1

A short while ago the Captain made a ship-wide announcement confirming that there were Covid cases onboard, and reiterating the need to wear masks, wash hands, sanitise, and if symptoms develop to return to your cabin and call the medical centre.

Judging by the increase in mask wearing last night in the theatre I think the rumour had preceded the announcement. Even mask wearing at trivia was better but still not good enough.

I've been wondering if they would make any announcements about the onboard Covid situation. Very pleased that they did.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, resordanis said:

We are on Majestic, very few masks at all worn, not even in the Theatre, lifts  or tenders. We are wearing them as we have some more cruising to do shortly. Very interesting also, that no RAT test results were required at check in.

Yes, they were for us.

We told them on the app, and they also asked us if we had tested negative in the terminal. The photo proof is randomly sought.

We are not required to wear masks, and we are largely going with that recommendation. Inside of a tender is the only place we feel compelled to wear one.

We face more risk in our jobs, and have no more cruises till February, and are less risk adverse.

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A short while ago the Captain made a ship-wide announcement confirming that there were Covid cases onboard, and reiterating the need to wear masks, wash hands, sanitise, and if symptoms develop to return to your cabin and call the medical centre.

Judging by the increase in mask wearing last night in the theatre I think the rumour had preceded the announcement. Even mask wearing at trivia was better but still not good enough.

I've been wondering if they would make any announcements about the onboard Covid situation. Very pleased that they did.

At 3% infection (the old orange status), the ship is required to inform passengers. I am thinking you might be there abouts. 

Ovation is the place to be for covid ATM.

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

At 3% infection (the old orange status), the ship is required to inform passengers. I am thinking you might be there abouts. 

Ovation is the place to be for covid ATM.

Right after we left Papeete my wifes facebook group blew up with covid cases and everyone blaming everyone else for the outbreak.

Prior to that everyone was talking about quantam and how bad it was and to not let that happen here. 

There was a message on the tv from the cruise director that there were some cases on board and they recommended people wear masks if they choose but he was very clear to say there was no outbreak and no need to panic. Mask wearing went to, id say maybe 50/50 then tapered off again. All crew are now required to wear them also. 

Reality is covid was on board when we all got on and it was just a matter of time before it spread. We must be below any type of major threshold as no major changes have happened. Like you we are less risk averse. We knew covid was a possibility but im quad vaxed, wife and daughter are triple, and son is double. Were here to enjoy this once in a lifetime experience. 

Anyway. Just on our balcony watching the captain expertly back the ship in to port as the sunrises. We are arriving in Napier.  What a beautiful country. We originally had a wine tour booked for today but the operator cancelled it a few weeks ago. Now we just plan to get off with the kids and explore. 

20221024_073855.jpg

Edited by Mikamarii
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikamarii said:

Right after we left Papeete my wifes facebook group blew up with covid cases and everyone blaming everyone else for the outbreak.

Prior to that everyone was talking about quantam and how bad it was and to not let that happen here. 

There was a message on the tv from the cruise director that there were some cases on board and they recommended people wear masks if they choose but he was very clear to say there was no outbreak and no need to panic. Mask wearing went to, id say maybe 50/50 then tapered off again. All crew are now required to wear them also. 

Reality is covid was on board when we all got on and it was just a matter of time before it spread. We must be below any type of major threshold as no major changes have happened. Like you we are less risk averse. We knew covid was a possibility but im quad vaxed, wife and daughter are triple, and son is double. Were here to enjoy this once in a lifetime experience. 

Anyway. Just on our balcony watching the captain expertly back the ship in to port as the sunrises. We are arriving in Napier.  What a beautiful country. We originally had a wine tour booked for today but the operator cancelled it a few weeks ago. Now we just plan to get off with the kids and explore. 

20221024_073855.jpg

Enjoy your visit to Art Deco Napier.  They usually have vintage cars there with owners appropriately dressed.  It is an interesting little town to walk around.  

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're having some serious soot issues on this cruise. We notice it particularly in the Sanctuary, which is aft on this ship. Oddly enough I didn't notice it on previous cruises. I'm wondering if it has to do with the speed we have been travelling at over the past few days - slower than usual cruising speed.

Unfortunately we've also had some land on our balcony. Luckily I brought some stain remover with me as I got some soot on my white linen pants from sitting on the balcony. I'm waiting to get them back from the laundry. Hopefully the soot stains will be gone.

Did you get the soot issue resolved?  Impressed that you have stain remover with you.  Is the ship berthing in Broome, such an interesting unique town?

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

People we sat with at dinner said their friends had tested positive etc.

also said another friend walked EVERY deck counting “tables” and counted 36. Does that count as an Official count??? For CC anyway. Not sure how many passengers on board? Or how to work % out for that matter!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

also said another friend walked EVERY deck counting “tables” and counted 36. Does that count as an Official count??? For CC anyway. Not sure how many passengers on board? Or how to work % out for that matter!

That is alarming and there would be other unreported cases still walking around the ship. Take care.  Walking the passenger decks and counting tables at cabin doors, now that could take over from Trivia as the top activity on board, lol.😷

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is alarming and there would be other unreported cases still walking around the ship. Take care.  Walking the passenger decks and counting tables at cabin doors, now that could take over from Trivia as the top activity on board, lol.😷

Good thought Les and at least you can’t google the answers like someone was aghast at people doing 😂😂😂

im only just back online as we didn’t buy wifi so just linking into 4g when we get to

port. It’s 5.30am and we’re approaching Broome. So just catching up on all the comments. I can obviously see you’ve got a new ? Health issue but haven’t got to your post yet. I’ll keep checking as I wade my way through, but hoping you’re ok. 🙏🏻❤️

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Your friend needs to go down to the crew decks, so that we can get an accurate count. 🤣

The obligation for them to announce covid being present is at 3%, so I suspect it something like that - would kick in somewhere around 80 passengers/crew.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Your friend needs to go down to the crew decks, so that we can get an accurate count. 🤣

The obligation for them to announce covid being present is at 3%, so I suspect it something like that - would kick in somewhere around 80 passengers/crew.

Our waiter last night had our drinks (ginger ale lol) waiting (we go early sitting and have had same table every night, for two but the set up of 3x2 tables together set up) we’ve had same but it’s been different people most nights at the other two tables. Anyway waiter said he’d lined up two drinks because he was extra busy as running two stations cos short staffed! I asked is sickness and he confirmed! That’s as close as I’ve got to a staff count!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Our waiter last night had our drinks (ginger ale lol) waiting (we go early sitting and have had same table every night, for two but the set up of 3x2 tables together set up) we’ve had same but it’s been different people most nights at the other two tables. Anyway waiter said he’d lined up two drinks because he was extra busy as running two stations cos short staffed! I asked is sickness and he confirmed! That’s as close as I’ve got to a staff count!!!!

Must be quite a few crew ill then.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Being short-staffed is the reason I thought the cruise ships would avoid making masks not compulsory for staff. I expect there would be more staff illness if they're not wearing masks while working. You'd think they'd do anything to avoid that given the trouble they've had getting enough staff to get operational again.

Are the staff still required to wear masks on Coral at the moment? I notice other lines and ships are removing the requirement for staff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Did you get the soot issue resolved?  Impressed that you have stain remover with you.  Is the ship berthing in Broome, such an interesting unique town?

Our cabin steward has been cleaning our balcony regularly but we still have to be careful. The Sanctuary stewards are getting very frustrated with the amount of soot there. They've had the Captain and other senior crew members looking at it.

I always carry stain remover. I switched to a new one recently, SARD Power Stick, and it's brilliant. The ship's laundry doesn't check for stains so we just dab the SARD on before sending the clothes in for washing. My white pants came back with the soot stains gone.

• Like 2