Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

One plus of isolation - we're having our very own room service balcony dinner. 😊

Of course it will all arrive at once but we've chosen sensibly with light appetisers so the mains won't get cold, and we've got the fridge to put dessert in to keep in cool. 

It's a lovely evening so we will be able to dine on our balcony.

• Like 5

Just now, bretts173 said:

Good news.

As experienced cruisers no doubt like all of us you would have had a sore throat and a cough or other symptoms on a trip before. What would everyone done in the same situation if Covid wasn't a thing. Rested looked after myself is what I would have done but definitely wouldn't need to test for anything. 

Yes, we've had colds etc on cruises before and managed them OK ourselves but it's sensible to get tested for Covid when there is a known outbreak on the ship. If everyone had done that as soon as they developed symptoms then the outbreak would have been smaller but there is always a number of people who don't want their cruise "ruined" by acting sensible when they are sick. Instead they carry on as if they weren't sick without any attempt to keep clear of other passengers.

There was supposed to have been a Captain's Circle cocktail party tomorrow but they've postponed that. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

One plus of isolation - we're having our very own room service balcony dinner. 😊

Of course it will all arrive at once but we've chosen sensibly with light appetisers so the mains won't get cold, and we've got the fridge to put dessert in to keep in cool. 

I have been following your posts as we are booked to do the cruise you are on in reverse next year.

We we’re also on the Coral Princess in September to the Conflict islands, we were very happy with the number of people wearing masks and remained well.

Thank you for your very interesting posts I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Our next cruise is next month on the Grand so we are hoping that all goes well.

We have just watched “Under investigation “ on ch 9, on crime on cruise ships, it gives cruise ships such a bad reputation, we have completed 12 cruises and have not had any experiences like the ones described 

Take care enjoy your balcony dinner,

Kind regards Heather

WA Health hasn't learned from the circus that was doing laps on the East Coast in June/July. The other states learned to stop reporting infection levels after that.

Looks like the Emperor or the West will have to give you permission to call in Freo. Biggest news day in the West since Artania.

• Like 1

Just now, Bonne Voyage said:

I have been following your posts as we are booked to do the cruise you are on in reverse next year.

We we’re also on the Coral Princess in September to the Conflict islands, we were very happy with the number of people wearing masks and remained well.

Thank you for your very interesting posts I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Our next cruise is next month on the Grand so we are hoping that all goes well.

We have just watched “Under investigation “ on ch 9, on crime on cruise ships, it gives cruise ships such a bad reputation, we have completed 12 cruises and have not had any experiences like the ones described 

Take care enjoy your balcony dinner,

Kind regards Heather

Thanks, Heather. 

The ad-hoc balcony dinner is definitely a reward for being stuck in the cabin all day. 😊

It's gorgeous out there at the moment - a nice breeze blowing, we have the sound of the bow wave as background "music", and we're working our way through a bottle of our favourite rosé. What a way to get "trapped on a cruise ship". 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, Heather. 

The ad-hoc balcony dinner is definitely a reward for being stuck in the cabin all day. 😊

It's gorgeous out there at the moment - a nice breeze blowing, we have the sound of the bow wave as background "music", and we're working our way through a bottle of our favourite rosé. What a way to get "trapped on a cruise ship". 🤣🤣🤣

Sounds wonderful, enjoy your rose and the warmth😊

• Like 1

Just now, arxcards said:

WA Health hasn't learned from the circus that was doing laps on the East Coast in June/July. The other states learned to stop reporting infection levels after that.

Looks like the Emperor or the West will have to give you permission to call in Freo. Biggest news day in the West since Artania.

Well if we don't get into Geraldton or Freo we'll just enjoy our time being "trapped on a cruise ship". 

In some ways this outbreak was inevitable: it's a long cruise with an older demographic, some of whom don't like being told what they can and can't do, and who seem to be lacking in common sense. 🤔🙄

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, Heather. 

All the best Julie.   We have just returned from 2 cruises in Europe and had a bad case of the cold.   We tested twice and were negative,   People forget you can get a cold!

I hope the media is sensible and don’t carry on like a band of idiots!

we have been watching” This Britain”.   Thought it was just about Boris but it is Britain through the Covid.   Everybody should realise how much stress everybody was under before we got vaccines,   Decisions had to be made with no experience of a pandemic.   Just reminds you what we have all come through!   Enjoy the rest of the Cruise, Julie.

Eileen

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well if we don't get into Geraldton or Freo we'll just enjoy our time being "trapped on a cruise ship". 

In some ways this outbreak was inevitable: it's a long cruise with an older demographic, some of whom don't like being told what they can and can't do, and who seem to be lacking in common sense. 🤔🙄

Govts on the East Coast are accepting of the inevitability- as long as the ship can operate safely, and passengers aren't filling hospitals. That hasn't been happening.

Good luck with your follow-up swab and the upcoming ports. We paid for UBD and didn't get it,  so enjoy your treat. I am guessing it won't be Surf & Turf though.

Just now, arxcards said:

Govts on the East Coast are accepting of the inevitability- as long as the ship can operate safely, and passengers aren't filling hospitals. That hasn't been happening.

Good luck with your follow-up swab and the upcoming ports. We paid for UBD and didn't get it,  so enjoy your treat. I am guessing it won't be Surf & Turf though.

Actually we could have had Surf & Turf - the steak with prawns version - as it was on tonight's MDR menu but I opted for turkey and Rolf opted for Moroccan meatballs.

We had Chateaubriand with bearnaise sauce last night so didn't want something similar tonight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gazpam said:

Hi Folk. Don't have onboard internet, so catching up now. Hubby has tested pos for covid today in Broome. Cold like symptoms at the moment, hopefully doesn't get any worse. 

We're in the same situation, although we're at sea in Europe.  Can't fault the way we've been treated by Princess, we're getting quite spoiled.  The isolation period in our cabin is 5 days, my daily testing is done with RATs, and the case numbers are low.  We figured that we would self isolate anyway if either one of us was sick, so why not fess up to help stop the spread.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A nice touch from the Medical Centre - they sent up a strip of throat lozenges late this afternoon.

Glad to hear you are neg. Hopefully stays that way, and you get over your sore throat quickly.

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, Heather. 

Delighted you got to enjoy a balcony dinner with wine, whilst you wait clearance from covid.  Hope next test is negative also.  This is the reason why I now book balcony, inside cabin just wouldn't be the same!

• Like 1

Maybe longer cruises such as this should have different protocols, even if it is just the requirement for a PCR or a verified RAT prior to embarkation. And maybe broad testing every 5 days or so. The media has been eagerly waiting for this to happen and they are going to flog it to death now.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I am reminded of the lemons and lemonade outlook on life 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Delighted you got to enjoy a balcony dinner with wine, whilst you wait clearance from covid.  Hope next test is negative also.  This is the reason why I now book balcony, inside cabin just wouldn't be the same!

Exactly. We often cruised in inside cabins pre-Covid but made the decision to only book balcony cabins now. We're extra-spoilt on this cruise as it was a last minute booking and the only decent cabin was a mini-suite so we've got reasonably comfortable seating inside the cabin as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just had another PCR test. Fingers crossed that it's negative then we can go back to enjoying our cruise although I will be very careful not to spread whatever lurgy I've caught.

Fingers crossed!  When do you get results?

The Captain has just made another announcement about the Covid situation - a reality check on the media reports.

Although he didn't give the exact number of cases he did say it was a small number and that the medical staff were in control of the situation. He reiterated the need for people to follow the Covid protocols.

• Like 2