Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

Just now, Cbtours said:

That’s my understanding too, that they will test daily day 5 if positive. Until day 10! In which case we will be disembarking.

We were led to understand day 5, but were told yesterday that 1st day doesn't count, and then test is "day 6"Β 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gazpam said:

Gary had his day 7 test. Got a phone call within 10 mins to say POS. Queried the fast result, and was told that they don't do PCRs, only RAT for post covid, and most likely to remain pos anyway for days, even weeks, so will be in iso for 10 days. Then out no more tests.

POS Is that positive? Β So he will be in isolation for 10 more days, or 10 days in all? Β Covid has a language all of its own. Β Hope Gary is feeling better.

1 minute ago, gazpam said:

We were led to understand day 5, but were told yesterday that 1st day doesn't count, and then test is "day 6"Β 

That’s what they told us too as in frank tested positive Wednesday (our own rat tests cos he developed cold symptoms). We notified them and they said next day with count as day 1 etc so his retest is 1 Nov. if he had to go through to day 10 it would be Nov 6.

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

POS Is that positive? Β So he will be in isolation for 10 more days, or 10 days in all? Β Covid has a language all of its own. Β Hope Gary is feeling better.

Yes, positive. 10 days in all . 1st day apparently not included. Gary is fine health wise. All symptoms gone. Just has to put up with me coughing etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They specifically told me the 30th which is today.Β 

Β 

It's day 7 since I developed symptoms and day 6 since I tested positive.Β 

Will be interested to see how you go. Gary tested positive at about 6.15 am on 24th. First test today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Negative. 😊😊😊

Β 

The reason they don't do PCR tests on recovered people is they can show positive for weeks afterwards.Β 

Β 

Anyway we're cleared to go ashore if we want.

Β 

Awesome. Great relief for you I’m sureπŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯° I hope you brought your cold weather gear though if going ashore ❀️

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Awesome. Great relief for you I’m sureπŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯° I hope you brought your cold weather gear though if going ashore ❀️

Definitely a great relief.

Β 

Yes, we packed our cold weather gear.

• Like 2

Just now, Josiejk said:

Good news. Did you get a call to let you know the result. My partner was tested at 7am and we haven’t been contacted yet.Β 

He did the test at the door and waited there for the result to show.Β 

Β 

Ring the Medical Centre on 4450 and ask what his result was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

He did the test at the door and waited there for the result to show.Β 

Β 

Ring the Medical Centre on 4450 and ask what his result was.

So second line was totally clear? Franks was very feint first day when I rang through to report but presumed it was still counted positiveΒ 

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Negative. 😊😊😊

Β 

The reason they don't do PCR tests on recovered people is they can show positive for weeks afterwards.Β 

Β 

Β 

Good to hear you are out. Enjoy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Negative. 😊😊😊

The reason they don't do PCR tests on recovered people is they can show positive for weeks afterwards.

Β 

Agreed. When we completed our seven days of COVID, the Qld Heath Dept said we didn't need to take another RAT test. One of my extended family had COVID in the very early days - March/April 2020. She was immediately put into isolation in hospital even though she wasn't very ill. She was allowed to go home after several days but had tests regularly. She tested positive for at least seven WEEKS after she was released from hospital. She was told she could go out as she was no longer infectious. She stayed at home anyway.

2 minutes ago, Josiejk said:

Thanks for suggesting we call. Just got off the phone. My partner is negative (woo hoo). I’ve requested drugs (again woo hoo) & they will try to get me a Covid +ve letter.Β 

Great. So is the letter the standard one they were handing out with all the protocol or is there something they give you specific re if you need to claim insurance re cabin confinementΒ 

Edited by Cbtours

20 hours ago, gazpam said:

🀣. Complaining about a cabin that was banging and knocking on deck 8 Port aft. By 3am, and just the odd doze, it was time to complain. I prefer to do things in person if possible, so I walked down to services. After a little while, the lovely young man at the desk sorted things, He hopped into the lift with me to take me to check out a cabin on 12 Starboard forward. We were given it for 12 hrs, along with deck 8, so I walked back down to 8, grabbed a few things, hubby decided he wasn't wandering around the ship at that hour, so I walked back up to 12. Had a great sleep till hubby came in at 9am. So there you have it. My one and only ride so far in a lift on this cruise with a lovely young man at 2am. We are now enjoying the peace and quiet, not the port side, but great sleeping.

Β 

Did you find out what the noise was?

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Negative. 😊😊😊

Β 

Β 

Β 

Good work Julie.. I hear Good Spirits Bar calling you for pre dinner drinks.🍹πŸ₯‚

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Negative. 😊😊😊

Glad to read the good news.

Have a wonderful evening enjoying all that the ship has to offer and all the best for the rest of the cruise.

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Negative. 😊😊😊

Β 

Β 

Β 

🎈πŸ₯‚CONGRATULATIONS!πŸ₯‚πŸŽˆ

Take care not to tire yourself out