Coco Cay Two Ships

joe/jack

Going to Coco next month and did some research and see there will be two ships and approx 9000 passengers there on the same day.

How crowded will this seem and how early do you need to get to the pool to get a relaxing lounge chair and a Bloody Mary?

39 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

Going to Coco next month and did some research and see there will be two ships and approx 9000 passengers there on the same day.

How crowded will this seem and how early do you need to get to the pool to get a relaxing lounge chair and a Bloody Mary?

Was there twice in July with 2 full Freedom class ships (so 8-9K people) and it was crowded at the pool but not unbearably so except for the mosh pit in front of the DJ but that's not our thing anyway.

We have a particular spot we like by the pool so we got off as early as we could to get chairs there... no issues. If you're less picky, you can wait a little longer, but the earlier the better.

The island as a whole can handle 9K no problem. I believe RC claims it was designed to accommodate something like 13K. That said, I'm looking forward to being the only ship there on Indy in 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I've been there on the Oasis and had the Independence next to us. I went off the ship about noon and it was very reasonable.

Good to hear, we are on Anthem next spring with Independence there as well and we were concerned it might be too much.

59 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

we are in CocoCay all the time with 2 ships.  We don't do the pool as I am a beach person, but we get off early and get a front row seat at the beach.  Even later, we notice plenty of places to relax.  Pool gets busier, so I would guess get off by 10 at the latest

1 hour ago, joe/jack said:

Which ship gets in first?  That does make a difference.  I was on Symphony and Odyssey got there about 3 hours before us, so they definitely had first pick of loungers, etc.  

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Was there twice in July with 2 full Freedom class ships (so 8-9K people) and it was crowded at the pool but not unbearably so except for the mosh pit in front of the DJ but that's not our thing anyway.

We have a particular spot we like by the pool so we got off as early as we could to get chairs there... no issues. If you're less picky, you can wait a little longer, but the earlier the better.

The island as a whole can handle 9K no problem. I believe RC claims it was designed to accommodate something like 13K. That said, I'm looking forward to being the only ship there on Indy in 2 weeks.

Thank you All

Great info I will plan to get off ship as soon as they will allow 

🚢🥃

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

Which ship gets in first?  That does make a difference.  I was on Symphony and Odyssey got there about 3 hours before us, so they definitely had first pick of loungers, etc.  

We were there in June on the Symphony. Mariner was 3 hours ahead of us.  The prime spots are

definitely gone.  There were some very nice people that gave us 2 of their 4 chairs.  We were very appreciative.  We will be back in January on the Wonder and we get in early this time, with another ship I can't recall which one so plan to get off right away and hopefully find a nice spot.  My husband is in a wheelchair so I will. go first and find a spot and then go back and get him is the plan.  Hope it works.

• Like 2

I remember reading it was built to accommodate 12,000 people, or two Oasis class ships.  We were there on Harmony with Independence one time.  On Harmony one time alone and on EN with another ship (can't remember which one).  All since restart so not full but it never felt that crazy busy.  Busiest was on EN and another ship over spring break.  EN was 100% capacity so I assume the other ship was too.  Get off early and grab the seat you want.  The pool gets crowded.  Beaches not so bad.  We usually hang by the pool so we get off early, grab a shady spot, stay through lunch and then head back on the ship.  

2 hours ago, domi411 said:

Which site i can go to see how many boat will be on a specific port of call??

Cruise time tables dot com

Click the option for "port schedules" and then select the one you want to see. And then you'll have to select the date from a calendar.

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/#ports

Edited by ARandomTraveler

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I like it better when there are two ships at Coco Cay because the bar service is much better. I was there two days ago with Freedom and Independence and the bar service was fast at every bar there including the swim up bar at the Oasis pool. Two weeks ago I was there with Freedom the only ship there and the bar service was average at best. This was similar to when I was there a few months ago with independence the only ship there…the bar service was on the slow side. On the bright side, it is easy to get a lounger around the pool when there is only one ship there. 

Last time we were there on Allure the Freedom was in and got there before us. The best chairs were long gone and the Oasis pool was packed. Looked like a bowl of human soup. 
It’s definitely much better to be the first ship in.

15 hours ago, Tin can said:

Good to hear, we are on Anthem next spring with Independence there as well and we were concerned it might be too much.

When I was there on Anthem with Independence last Spring, there was plenty of space everywhere, but ships were not full capacity.

When I was there on Oasis with 6500 passengers and i think it was Harmony with something like 4000 or 4500 passengers, it was Very crowded everywhere.   Long lines for food, drink, bathrooms, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When I was there on Anthem with Independence last Spring, there was plenty of space everywhere, but ships were not full capacity.

When I was there on Oasis with 6500 passengers and i think it was Harmony with something like 4000 or 4500 passengers, it was Very crowded everywhere.   Long lines for food, drink, bathrooms, etc.

Just did a little more research 

Indy and Liberty both there on 

11-27 from 7:00am till 5:00pm

looks like a mad dash to the pool

if you would like a lounge chair

interesting that both ships have

the same arrival times

6 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

interesting that both ships have

the same arrival times

Indy and Freedom had the same arrival time both times I was there in July. It's not that big a deal. Mad dash if you have a particular spot you like. If you're a bit more flexible, you'll find chairs.